stealthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Cardio weights together or seperate

Hi i am currently starting my training routines and i am fairly new to all this! i am aiming to lose about a stone in weight and build substantial muscle.
    i am currently doing 1hr weights mon,wed,fri,and 30min cardio at the end of each session would it be more benificial for me to have weight days only and cardio days seperate on tues, and thurs any help would be greatly apprieciated thanks in advance STEALTMAN

Dman45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dman45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dman45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dman45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dman45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dman45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dman45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dman45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dman45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dman45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dman45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think you should do cardio before your workouts.
    I would say do cardio mon-fri and do weights mond, wed and friday.

McCrack will become famous soon enough. (+50) McCrack will become famous soon enough. (+50) McCrack will become famous soon enough. (+50) McCrack will become famous soon enough. (+50) McCrack will become famous soon enough. (+50) McCrack will become famous soon enough. (+50) McCrack will become famous soon enough. (+50) McCrack will become famous soon enough. (+50) McCrack will become famous soon enough. (+50) McCrack will become famous soon enough. (+50) McCrack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dman45 View Post
    I think you should do cardio before your workouts.
    I would say do cardio mon-fri and do weights mond, wed and friday.
    helll no!!

don't do cardio before your workouts!
    that will use up your energy supply and your workouts will suck. also if you do cardio, then do a workout at a decent intensity, your body will run out of glycogen and start burning muscle for energy!

either do cardio the same day as your workout but at a different time (eg. weights in the morning, cardio at night) or do them on different days.
    Weight: 185
    Max Bench: 275
    Deadlift: 385
    Squat (ATG): 345

Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by stealthman View Post
    Hi i am currently starting my training routines and i am fairly new to all this! i am aiming to lose about a stone in weight and build substantial muscle.
    i am currently doing 1hr weights mon,wed,fri,and 30min cardio at the end of each session would it be more benificial for me to have weight days only and cardio days seperate on tues, and thurs any help would be greatly apprieciated thanks in advance STEALTMAN
    Do some HIIT after your done, but try and bring your PWO with you and drink after your done lifting.

Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500)
    Do it after your workout, you don't wanna drain all your energy into cardio before pumping the iron.

I personally prefer doing HIIT in my local park on off days, I hate treadmills.

STEP INTO THE DEMONS LAIR trivium9's Avatar
    trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cardio after resistance training allows the body to utilize fats for energy easier

tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Personally, I think it's best to do cardio 3 hours or more before or after you lift. If you get cardio right before you lift, as people above have said it's going to kill a lot of the energy you need to put in those extra reps. Post-workout I think should be dedicated to resting for a few hours, downing that PWO shake and whatever other foods/supplements you take.

If you're in a situation where you live kinda far away from the gym and don't wanna drive back to do cardio, then as the guy said above bring your PWo shake with you to the gym and chug that thing after you're done lifting. But do yourself a favor and kick back and relax with a mag or something for at least 15 minutes before you start your cardio.

stealthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

hi stealthman here, just wanted to say thankyou for all your kind input and information this has really helped me out, as i was a little bit confused, i think i will do weights mon wed fri and do cardio on tuesdays and thursdays. just come of a 4 mile cycle with my son on the back and now am knackered and looking forward to some relax time.

hope to speak to you all soon.

2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by stealthman View Post
    Sounds like what you are doing now is working you to acheive lean muscle mass. When you do plateau it would be a good way to switch things up. I train weights first for about 60-90 min. then do a lite jog for 45 min. to unwind and get the blood flowing.
    On your off days if your body says you can go for a run to help clear out the lactic acid and refresh your muscles.
    Good luck
    █♣█ █♣█ █♣█ █♣█ █♣█