intense_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

prolactin reducing supplements?

Is there or are there any supplements out there that are proven to reduce prolactin levels in our blood? I had bloodwork done recently in order to answer some questions about some health issues of mine...it turned out that i had lower then normal testosterone levels and my prolactin levels were in the upper part of the normal range.

im going to see the endocrinologist in less then a week. what should i expect to occur...the doc just giving me a prescription for andro gel?....will that do the trick...or will this be a reoccuring thing throughout my life where i need to take this medicine every once in a while to keep my testosterone levels in the normal range?

intense_p

pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000)
    Vitex... see the endo before you start taking anything

Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by pogue
    Add some mega-dose Vitamin E in there as well (5,000 IU daily).
    // blog: androsForm.com
    // twitter: @androsForm

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence." - Vince Lombardi

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: prolactin reducing supplements?

Originally posted by intense_P
    what should i expect to occur...the doc just giving me a prescription for andro gel?....
    You're too young to be on androgel.
    A change in lifestyle (diet, rest, stress, etc.) could probably fix that.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    on the pharma side
    dostinex
    cabergoline
    bromo
    selegiline

Your Ad Here has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

But vitex can increase progesterone.

s-AME has been shown to reduce prolactin.

Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Icex999
    Add some mega-dose Vitamin E in there as well (5,000 IU daily).
    what does vitamin E help with?
    Kill me. You must. For I will not stop.

intense_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

but...

if i am too young to be on androgel then i seriously need to be on something...my low testosterone is causing me to not peform sexually...if i had low testosterone and still was able to hold an erection, and perform fine in the bed then i wouldnt be too worried...but this is not the case...yeah i'm young...but there is something wrong here

Re: but...

Originally posted by intense_P
    if i am too young to be on androgel then i seriously need to be on something...my low testosterone is causing me to not peform sexually...if i had low testosterone and still was able to hold an erection, and perform fine in the bed then i wouldnt be too worried...but this is not the case...yeah i'm young...but there is something wrong here

I'll give the same advice I gave here.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=301265

Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Crazee_786
    what does vitamin E help with?
    I don't think anything's been done in healthy human subjects. This is the best I could dig up.

Int J Artif Organs. 1992 Nov;15(11):648-52. Related Articles, Links

Effect of vitamin E therapy on sexual functions of uremic patients in hemodialysis.

Yeksan M, Polat M, Turk S, Kazanci H, Akhan G, Erdogan Y, Erkul I.

Department of Nephrology, University Hospital, Konya, Turkey.

Twenty-four uremic patients on hemodialysis who had never been treated with vitamin E or related drugs and 12 control patients with normal renal function were studied. Hemodialysis patients were randomly divided into two groups; 12 were treated with oral vitamin E (300 mg/day) for eight weeks and 12 uremic patients and 12 controls were given placebo. Serum vitamin E, prolactin, FSH, LH, and free testosterone levels were measured in all patients before and after treatment. After the vitamin E treatment serum prolactin levels were significantly decreased (50.8 vs 15.4 ng/ml, p < 0.01). Vitamin E levels were significantly increased (1.11 vs 1.22 mg/dl, p < 0.05). Serum FSH, LH and free testosterone were not affected. In the other two groups there were no significant changes. These results show that vitamin E treatment lowers prolactin levels in uremic hemodialysis patients. This might be due to inhibition of central prolactin secretion. Vitamin E inhibits pituitary gland hypertrophy in vitamin E-deficient rats.
    Vitamin E deficiency ataxia associated with adenoma.

Benomar A, Yahyaoui M, Marzouki N, Birouk N, Bouslam N, Belaidi H, Amarti A, Ouazzani R, Chkili T.

Service de Neurologie (T. Chkili), Hopital des Specialites, CHU Ibn Sina, Rabat-instituts, Morocco.

Vitamin E is one of the most important lipid-soluble antioxidant nutrient. Severe vitamin E deficiency (VED) can have a profound effect on the central nervous system. VED causes ataxia and peripheral neuropathy that resembles Friedreich's ataxia. We report here a patient presenting this syndrome, but also a prolactin and FSH adenoma. Both the neurological syndromes and the adenoma regressed after treatment with alpha-tocopherol. Although, the presence of the prolactinoma in this patient may not be related to his vitamin E deficiency, alpha-tocopherol treatment seems to be beneficial and might usefully be tested in patients with hypophyseal secreting other forms of adenoma.
    // blog: androsForm.com
    // twitter: @androsForm

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence." - Vince Lombardi

rs1000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In the event that you did not do so, when testing testosterone levels, blood should be drawn in the early morning hours. Basically, you should have had it drawn at 8:00am -- as soon as the lab opened. For the test to be accurate, it would also require that you be used to getting up by this time. Levels fall dramatically throughout the day, particularly free testosterone. Many doctors are not even aware of this. Countless thousands of people go in at the wrong time of day to have their blood drawn and get false readings.

Also, having an irregular sleep schedule can seriously disrupt testosterone release, which is believed to be mediated by circadian rhythms. If you're one of those people going to bed at different times each night or staying up until 4:00am this could be a problem. Men with SAD (seasonal effective disorder) have problems with this as well, although this is not the time of year that causes problems. Basically, circadian rhythms get disrupted, there is inadequate exposure to morning light, etc. Going to bed early (by 11:00pm) and getting up by 8:00am is important. Staying up late and sleeping in late messes up a long list of hormone levels. Having a fluctuating sleep schedule from day to day is even worse.

I also would think that if you are one of those college aged students living off of beer, ramen noodles and cheese pizza that this would not help, either.

It's not normal for males your age to have low testosterone, and the first thing you need to check is if you are leading a healthy lifestyle (healthy diet and sleep and nutrition) and have no deficincies known to cause low testosterone levels such as a zinc deficiency or deficiencies of certain b vitamins.

eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    BROMOCRIPTINE

rs1000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by eru
    BROMOCRIPTINE
    That's not a supplement. And besides, cabergoline (Cabaser/Dostinex) would be what people would want to use as a prescription for that, anyway.

There's a high likelihood that this has more to do with the types of things I mentioned in my previous posting.

pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Your Ad Here
    But vitex can increase progesterone.
    not in men

not in men

Yes it does. In fact, vitex is catagorized in medical and herbal literature as an ANTI-androgen. It was given to monks and prisoners to quell their sexual urges. Why do you think it's called CHASTE berry? But the morons at Biotest either misunderstood this information or didn't care and figured they could sell it if they promoted it enough. Other fool companies followed suit.

Check it out.http://www.romancatholicism.org/agnu...us-castus.html

DevilSmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilSmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilSmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilSmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilSmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilSmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilSmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilSmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilSmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilSmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilSmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I remember back when Biotest released "M", I was talking to the man who owns the local vitamin shop about Vitex. I was asking him if he though it increased test levels and he said no, in fact he had a customer who was a Christian and wanted to tone down his sex drive take it and it worked for him. I was thinking that was weird, and BioTestical is selling this to boost testosterone?

I asked the owner why didn't the guy try Zoloft because that will reduce sex drive, and he said that Zoloft made him horney. I found the whole situation ironic.
    "Out of the ground I rise to grace"

The effects of a special Agnus castus extract (BP1095E1) on prolactin secretion in healthy male subjects.

Merz PG, Gorkow C, Schrodter A, Rietbrock S, Sieder C, Loew D, Dericks-Tan JS, Taubert HD.

Department for Clinical Pharmacology, Frankfurt University Clinic, Neumarkt, Germany.

The effects of three doses of a special Agnus castus extract (BP1095E1)--extracts from 120 mg, 240 mg and 480 mg of drug per day--were examined within the framework of a placebo-controlled clinical study of tolerance and prolactin secretion in 20 healthy male subjects during a period of 14 days. There was good tolerance during the study as regards the following: adverse effects, the effects on blood pressure and heart rate, blood count, Quick's test, clinical chemistry as well as testosterone, FSH and LH values. During each study phase the 24-hour prolactin secretion profile was measured from the penultimate to the final day, and the amount of prolactin release was monitored an hour after TRH stimulation on the last day. A significant increase in the 24-hour profile was registered with the lowest dose in comparison to placebo, the opposite being the case with the higher doses, i.e. a slight reduction. In contrast to the administration of placebo, the 1-hour AUC after TRH stimulation resulted in a significant increase with the lowest dose and a significant reduction with the highest dose. The results suggest effects of the special Agnus castus extract which are dependent on the dose administered and the initial level of prolactin concentration.

http://www.mcp.edu/herbal/vitex/vitex.pdf

http://forum.avantlabs.com/?act=ST&f=1&t=4374&hl=vitex&

[B]The effects of a special Agnus castus extract (BP1095E1) on prolactin secretion in healthy male subjects.

Merz PG, Gorkow C, Schrodter A, Rietbrock S, Sieder C, Loew D, Dericks-Tan JS, Taubert HD.

Department for Clinical Pharmacology, Frankfurt University Clinic, Neumarkt, Germany.

The effects of three doses of a special Agnus castus extract (BP1095E1)--extracts from 120 mg, 240 mg and 480 mg of drug per day--were examined within the framework of a placebo-controlled clinical study of tolerance and prolactin secretion in 20 healthy male subjects during a period of 14 days. There was good tolerance during the study as regards the following: adverse effects, the effects on blood pressure and heart rate, blood count, Quick's test, clinical chemistry as well as testosterone, FSH and LH values. During each study phase the 24-hour prolactin secretion profile was measured from the penultimate to the final day, and the amount of prolactin release was monitored an hour after TRH stimulation on the last day. A significant increase in the 24-hour profile was registered with the lowest dose in comparison to placebo, the opposite being the case with the higher doses, i.e. a slight reduction. In contrast to the administration of placebo, the 1-hour AUC after TRH stimulation resulted in a significant increase with the lowest dose and a significant reduction with the highest dose. The results suggest effects of the special Agnus castus extract which are dependent on the dose administered and the initial level of prolactin concentration.

http://www.mcp.edu/herbal/vitex/vitex.pdf

http://forum.avantlabs.com/?act=ST&f=1&t=4374&hl=vitex& [/

B]

So a low dose showed an INCREASE in prolactin but a high dose showed a DECREASE??? That sounds like one f*cked up study. Also, one of the studys on the second page it raised testosterone along with Red Clover which is interesting sicene Red Clover is estrogenic. Sometimes, just because someone did a study, it doesn't mean they conducted it well or they made the correct conclusions. I think it's important to study the studies.

Originally posted by Your Ad Here
    So a low dose showed an INCREASE in prolactin but a high dose showed a DECREASE??? That sounds like one f*cked up study. Also, one of the studys on the second page it raised testosterone along with Red Clover which is interesting sicene Red Clover is estrogenic. Sometimes, just because someone did a study, it doesn't mean they conducted it well or they made the correct conclusions. I think it's important to study the studies.
    That is the only study done with men taking Vitex. All other studies were done w/ animals or women.

That study showed a lowered amount of prolactin and increase in testosterone. A study in castrated dogs showed lowered testosterone.

The problem with herbs is they have so many active and inactive constituents in them, it's hard to know how it will effect you. Also, because of the variation in formula standardizations and extracts you never know what you're getting.

In women, vitex has a estrogen/progesterone normalizing effect. Some of the active constitutents in vitex are hormones that are estrogenic and androgenic. It is, however, one of the only herbs thats going to be effective at lowering prolactin. Progesterone is a mute point anyway if you don't have elevated estrogen levels.

http://www.supplementwatch.com/supat...pplementId=322

sparky12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    B6 600 mg/day

Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by DevilSmack
    I remember back when Biotest released "M", I was talking to the man who owns the local vitamin shop about Vitex. I was asking him if he though it increased test levels and he said no, in fact he had a customer who was a Christian and wanted to tone down his sex drive take it and it worked for him. I was thinking that was weird, and BioTestical is selling this to boost testosterone?

I asked the owner why didn't the guy try Zoloft because that will reduce sex drive, and he said that Zoloft made him horney. I found the whole situation ironic.

if u want to feel EXTRA horny, take proviron 50mg. but since its an androgen, NOT ADVISABLE!
    Kill me. You must. For I will not stop.

armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Red face

sorry to bump this old thread but what is the normal range of prolactin levels? Could I be in the normal range but on the higher-end normal? Today I went to my doctor and I accidently saw a test result I have done and prolactin levels were somewhere between 9>15; I forgot to ask him about it though...

Anybody know a very good range for prolactin levels? tnx.

drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

reduce prolactin levels and mRNA

Well actually Cabergoline is the best pharmaceutical remedy for reducing PROLACTIN, but, for increases libido in general, even though it has a shorter half-life, prami has a better effect imo.

On the natural side of the table, Royal Jelly is shown in studies to reduce prolactin mRNA. I believe this is the case, but it takes a good week to kick in, you might get real vivid and erotic dreams if you take it right before bed, just as a forewarning.

Here's a good Royal Jelly Product - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=area1255-20
    AREA-1255 (http://www.area1255.blogspot.com)

drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drake.d0n3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Crazee_786 View Post
    if u want to feel EXTRA horny, take proviron 50mg. but since its an androgen, NOT ADVISABLE!
    Proviron works best when prolactin and estrogen are in check
    AREA-1255 (http://www.area1255.blogspot.com)