Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1837
    Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Can I get some opinions on this:

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/3737084327.html

It will be my first, so not sure if 1100 will be fine for me and no clue on pricing. I've looked up both KBB and NADA and its pretty close.
    **Cleveland Sports**

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    It's a pretty big bike, how big are you, what is your riding experience
    have you taken and passed the MC safety class

THIS is an excellent beginners bike, I recommend them if you are 5'10" or under and not a big person
    They are light, get ridiculous mileage, and bulletproof

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/3695051658.html
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    It's a pretty big bike, how big are you, what is your riding experience
    have you taken and passed the MC safety class
    5'11, 180ish. No riding experience, like I said first bike.

Yes, taken and passed. I was looking at 750 shadows mostly, but saw this one pop up.

Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    I had a Spirit 750 and bike was fine but very underpowered on the highway. The Ace looks way better, but also being a 750 and appearing to be heavier I'd be pretty concerned with that too. I don't know if you have a little more budget, but the VTX 1300 (since you're looking at Honda bikes) would be heads and tails better that either of those. No its not too much for a first bike. You'll want to bail out of those 750's within a short time.
    I ask because of this.
    **Cleveland Sports**

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That Shadow 1100 is fine for a first bike, 1100 on a shadow is still not exactly a lot of power. Without knowing the stats I wouldn't be surprised if its on par to a 250 sport bike. I don't understand the fascination with recommending tiny underpowered bikes to new riders. Yes power can kill you but its all about maturity and riding according to your capabilities. I really wish people wouldn't have twisted my arm into buying a damn 750 for my first bike. I was wanting to upgrade two weeks after I bought it.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    5'10" and 180 is a little big for the 650, actually a lot big unless you were just commuting on city streets,
    the 1100 is fine, decent power and big enough but balanced well, even the 1300 is not a powerhouse
    I've got plenty of guys with the 650 yamaha stars and 800 suzuki's that love them and are happy with the power, but, being a former superbike rider, I need more snap and my legs are too long for them

650-800 is fine, 1100's from the 1990's early 2000's are good too
    none of these bikes are powerhouses, nor are they designed to be
    My 100ci bike, with 100hp, barely would keep up with my wifes mustang 5.0 in a drag race, in a 1/4 she'd take me sheerly with aerodynamics

but there's nothing wrong with a smaller bike, in good shape, to start with
    a year of riding will generally net you the same price resale that you paid and then you're ready for the bigger bikes, into the 1300's and larger
    it's really going to be learning how to handle them in low speed tight situations that makes me recommend the smaller bikes.
    ANYONE can handle a full sized bike under way, it pretty much drives itself, but the difference between a low speed, single road u-turn on a 750 vs an 1800 can be the difference between learning to make the turns and learning how to get off the bike when you keep dumping it because it's too big
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

Awesome. Thanks for all the info. I'm waiting to see if I can get someone to come look at it with me and I'll be giving him a call. More than I wanted to spend, but what can ya do.
    **Cleveland Sports**

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    CHOOSE directed me to this thread.

I have absolutely no experience with bikes other than riding on the back of one last year but I am determined to get one this year.

I'm not looking to go all out on my first bike since I'm so new to this and may not want to invest too much in something I may not like (the bike, not riding). What would you recommend for a female that is 5'2" in regards to a good beginner, cruiser bike? Looking at using it more on back roads then the major highways (at least the first year).
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Artemis00 View Post
    CHOOSE directed me to this thread.

I have absolutely no experience with bikes other than riding on the back of one last year but I am determined to get one this year.

I'm not looking to go all out on my first bike since I'm so new to this and may not want to invest too much in something I may not like (the bike, not riding). What would you recommend for a female that is 5'2" in regards to a good beginner, cruiser bike? Looking at using it more on back roads then the major highways (at least the first year).
    I would strongly recommend you take the MSF class first. You can use their bikes, and learn the basics of how to ride.

As for motorcycles for new, short riders:

Suzuki Boulevard S40: http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%....aspx#Overview

Honda Rebel: http://powersports.honda.com/2012/rebel.aspx

VStar 250: http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/...89/0/home.aspx

All are light, cruiser style, suitable for backroads (moreso than highway), and you should be able to find used on Craigslist for a reasonable price. Keep in mind that none are going to be great on the highway. You can also go here: cycle-ergo.com to get an idea if your feet could touch the ground on various makes and models of bikes.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    I would strongly recommend you take the MSF class first. You can use their bikes, and learn the basics of how to ride.

As for motorcycles for new, short riders:

Suzuki Boulevard S40: http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%....aspx#Overview

Honda Rebel: http://powersports.honda.com/2012/rebel.aspx

VStar 250: http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/...89/0/home.aspx

All are light, cruiser style, suitable for backroads (moreso than highway), and you should be able to find used on Craigslist for a reasonable price. Keep in mind that none are going to be great on the highway. You can also go here: cycle-ergo.com to get an idea if your feet could touch the ground on various makes and models of bikes.
    Thank you for all of this information. Will definitely take your recommendation. Plan to get my permit next week and will be scheduling the MSF class as soon as I can afterwards.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

Rode in today, supposed to rain this afternoon, so I'll leave it home at lunch, but gotta get on it as much as possbile, otherwise why am I paying for it every month.....
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've driven my truck to work exactly twice since buying this new bike a month ago. Rode today all over town for a certification test I had to take, then lunch with my old work crew, then up to work. Clocking a lot of mileage and this thing handles so well looking for any excuse to twist that throttle.

ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cool thread! Weather is finally getting nice enough to start riding again. Stay safe out there!

Here is my Yamaha Supermoto, I bought it new in 2008

PRs
    Bench - 295 x 2
    Squat - 385 x 4 (90*)
    Dead - 335 x 4 (no straps, reg grip)
    Pull Ups - 300lb total weight pull up
    Pull Ups - 30 with body weight
    2 mile run - 12:20
    5k - 20 min

^I bet that thing screams, eh?

bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow I come back to check things out and find THIS thread!

Have my old 85 Magna VF700C and my old SV600 when it warms up a bit. Both are fun but would love an R1.

But I did get 2 rides last week on my new 2011 KX250F. My first ever new (well 3.2 hours) bike. Now I know why my kids were do spoiled / they always got the new bikes.

Come on sunshine riding to work beats driving to work - as long as I gotta go to work.

LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    update on the wind. squeezing on the tank more and using less grip on the handle bars. dont get pushed around like i was before, but its difficult to remember to squeeze the gas tank, first instinct is grip handle bars.

any canadabrahs have tips for lower insurance? want to move up to a 600cc
    *** A.C. Milan ***

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think I'm going to buy a bike this season, I'm just so torn on what to get. Considering:
    Ducati SF 848
    Ducati GT1000
    Ducati Hypermotard
    Triumph Speed III

I think the Diavel is pretty awesome but I think it might be out of my price range.
    The best Weightlifting forum on the web:
    www.WLForums.com

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
    I think I'm going to buy a bike this season, I'm just so torn on what to get. Considering:
    Ducati SF 848
    Ducati GT1000
    Ducati Hypermotard
    Triumph Speed III

I think the Diavel is pretty awesome but I think it might be out of my price range.
    Speed triple ... nothing like it but they are all fine bikes
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    My only hang up with the Triple, is I've owned one before, and is was my favorite bike ever, but I kinda feel weird buying the same bike twice.
    www.WLForums.com

Ducati SF 848
    Ducati GT1000
    Ducati Hypermotard
    Triumph Speed III

Used Aprilia Tuono, the older one with the V2
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Used Aprilia Tuono, the older one with the V2

Not a fan of the brand or the model to be honest.
    www.WLForums.com

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My only hang up with the Triple, is I've owned one before, and is was my favorite bike ever, but I kinda feel weird buying the same bike twice.
    then get the Daytona 675
    hnnnngg
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

then get the Daytona 675
    hnnnngg
    As a new Street Triple owner I have to agree, I'm freaking in love with Triumph right now.

I'm going to look at this tonight:

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/3713873754.html

Its a little higher than what I'm willing to spend. Should I tell him that beforehand, or just show up with cash? Never made a big purchase off Craigslist.
    **Cleveland Sports**

45° on the ride in this morning, chaps, lined jacket, full face
    Will be 60° at lunch and 70° at leaving time

lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Originally Posted by Onita View Post
    I'm going to look at this tonight:

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/3713873754.html

Its a little higher than what I'm willing to spend. Should I tell him that beforehand, or just show up with cash? Never made a big purchase off Craigslist.
    Show up with all the cash you can afford, then leave $200-$300 in your back pocket, pull it out when you need it.
    If it doesn't go, you tried, but don't spend more than you have
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Show up with all the cash you can afford, then leave $200-$300 in your back pocket, pull it out when you need it.
    If it doesn't go, you tried, but don't spend more than you have
    Thanks for the advice. Its not the more than I have, but more than I'm willing. I've got a price set that I'm willing to spend on my first motorcycle, and won't go over it. He couldn't meet last night, but I'm going tonight. I'm also going to a local dealer during lunch to check out a few more, but they are even higher priced. Can't hurt to look around. I hate the whole vehicle buying process.
    **Cleveland Sports**

Me and the grandson on the bike

lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    That's great! He looks like a happy little guy...

Here's one from about 10 years back with my nephew taken on Fathers day.

**PUREBLOOD FOR LIFE CREW**
    -- A e s t h e t i c s C r e w -- E x t r e m e D i p s C r e w -- M i s c C a r C r e w ---
    **2004 Acura NSX**2017 Honda Civic Type R, BADGE #357**
    **2018 BMW X5M**2020 Toyota TRD PRO**
    **Sandwiches are made in the KITCHEN......ABS are built in the GYM!**

I ended up buying the 750 from above that I linked (now deleted). I don't have it yet - its at my moms and I have to go pick it up this weekend. Excited!
    **Cleveland Sports**

Originally Posted by Onita View Post
    I ended up buying the 750 from above that I linked (now deleted). I don't have it yet - its at my moms and I have to go pick it up this weekend. Excited!
    I'll have to put pictures up later, but I got it home. Roughly an hour long ride. I've only ridden once before (at the MSF last June). I took a trip around my mom's neighborhood to get used to it, then rode him. I stalled a few times, always at a stop. I've gotta get used to the friction zone and using the right amount of throttle/clutch from a stop. Overall, it was a blast on the ride though!
    **Cleveland Sports**