Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1837
    Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I guess it's time for me to re-enter this thrad.

Triumph Street Triple.

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well this thread is dead, huh.

Just bought a new set of tires.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by jlsnyderTypeR View Post
    My bike is finally here, and new pics added today in post #30: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=152325203
    Have I told you lately how much I hate you and your disposable income?
    Remind me to later.
    Nice Bike, oh, and I hate you and your disposable income.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Anyone able to give their opinion on either of these:

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/3719750230.html

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/3727549358.html

I emailed the 2nd one, as I like it better. First motorcycle for me.
    **Cleveland Sports**

CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would also be one to jump on the second bike. ^^

Not digging the handlebars on the first one, or the color.

Anyone riding yet? I just got back. Riding season is here.
    Motorcycle riders: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2981441

What are you listening to?:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165938561

Originally Posted by Onita View Post

I had a Spirit 750 and bike was fine but very underpowered on the highway. The Ace looks way better, but also being a 750 and appearing to be heavier I'd be pretty concerned with that too. I don't know if you have a little more budget, but the VTX 1300 (since you're looking at Honda bikes) would be heads and tails better that either of those. No its not too much for a first bike. You'll want to bail out of those 750's within a short time.

Originally Posted by CHOOSE View Post
    I would also be one to jump on the second bike. ^^

Not digging the handlebars on the first one, or the color.

Anyone riding yet? I just got back. Riding season is here.
    I ride every day to work since I got my new bike, loving my new bike! My first non-cruiser and I don't think I could ever go back to cruisers now.

Time for the motorcycle thread to wake up.

CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    HS:

Location- Texas

Would ride very day if I lived there too.

Good though. You take any cool trips?

What are you listening to?:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165938561

Originally Posted by CHOOSE View Post
    HS:

Location- Texas

Would ride very day if I lived there too.

Good though. You take any cool trips?
    Not yet on this bike, was gonna ride up to Austin for the MotoGP race weekend after next but turns out I'm stuck with other plans. I used to take my cruisers down to the coast in fishing trips, had rodholders mounted to the passenger pegs for the poles. Got a lot of compliments on those LOL.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post

What does that post have to do with motorcycles?
    I see no motorcycles...
    Oh, is that a motorcycle behind the..., never mind....
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    Have I told you lately how much I hate you and your disposable income?
    Remind me to later.
    Nice Bike, oh, and I hate you and your disposable income.
    Am I going to upset you if I told you that I finally got chance to wear the tips off the tires this past weekend...

**PUREBLOOD FOR LIFE CREW**
    -- A e s t h e t i c s C r e w -- E x t r e m e D i p s C r e w -- M i s c C a r C r e w ---
    **2004 Acura NSX**2017 Honda Civic Type R, BADGE #357**
    **2018 BMW X5M**2020 Toyota TRD PRO**
    **Sandwiches are made in the KITCHEN......ABS are built in the GYM!**

elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post

LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    season started

any tips for riding in heavy wind?

im only on a 250 and i get thrown around, theres this brief moment where i think im about to fall off just because of the way the bike glides through the wind
    *** A.C. Milan ***

Originally Posted by LivinoffBliss View Post
    season started

im only on a 250 and i get thrown around, theres this brief moment where i think im about to fall off just because of the way the bike glides through the wind
    Think "heavy and narrow"
    Figure out which way the wind is from and position yourself on that side of the lane. Last thing you want is to be on the other side and get blown onto the line when there is a cager in the next lane.
    Beware of semi trucks, stay away from the trailers as there can be a 'vacuum effect' going on in that area. As you get almost to the front, then move towards the center of the lane as there can be an 'air dam' effect coming off the front that wants to push you away and you need some room.

hell, I'm 235 and riding a victory vegas 100ci and I'm getting blown around a bit too
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) elephino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    season started

Getting moved around too much usually means you're holding the controls too tight and/or putting too much weight on them. Wind hits, you get off balance, that transfers into the bars, and you go sideways.

Grip with dem knees (get some tank pads), and lighten up on the controls and just go with it, should get better.

Registered User StephanieIngram's Avatar
    StephanieIngram has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StephanieIngram has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StephanieIngram has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StephanieIngram has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StephanieIngram has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StephanieIngram has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StephanieIngram has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StephanieIngram has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StephanieIngram has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StephanieIngram has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StephanieIngram has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I win the contest at Motorcycle Riders Club of America..........

Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Onita is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

No reply on the 2nd one, although its still listed. I'm still looking for my first :\
    **Cleveland Sports**

No reply on the 2nd one, although its still listed. I'm still looking for my first :\
    Keep an eye out for the Yamaha V-Star 650 models too, good bike in that range as well as the Suzuki 800's, IE the C50 style
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Keep an eye out for the Yamaha V-Star 650 models too, good bike in that range as well as the Suzuki 800's, IE the C50 style
    I've been looking for Shadows, V-star, and Boulevards. Also Sportster, but seeing as they are Harley, they are usually priced much higher.
    **Cleveland Sports**

I've been looking for Shadows, V-star, and Boulevards. Also Sportster, but seeing as they are Harley, they are usually priced much higher.
    Can confirm, unless you get one from 1975.

LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LivinoffBliss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Think "heavy and narrow"
    Figure out which way the wind is from and position yourself on that side of the lane. Last thing you want is to be on the other side and get blown onto the line when there is a cager in the next lane.
    Beware of semi trucks, stay away from the trailers as there can be a 'vacuum effect' going on in that area. As you get almost to the front, then move towards the center of the lane as there can be an 'air dam' effect coming off the front that wants to push you away and you need some room.

hell, I'm 235 and riding a victory vegas 100ci and I'm getting blown around a bit too
    Positioning is a great idea, whats your opinion on getting lower to the bike? Creates aerodynamics or makes it worse for me? Usually i tend to avoid semi-s and drive about 5-10km/h quicker than traffic.

Originally Posted by elephino View Post
    Getting moved around too much usually means you're holding the controls too tight and/or putting too much weight on them. Wind hits, you get off balance, that transfers into the bars, and you go sideways.

Grip with dem knees (get some tank pads), and lighten up on the controls and just go with it, should get better.
    Bang spot on. Thought about it and I tend to sit closer to the gas tank and grip the handlebars tight. It better to sit higher up and closer to the back rest?
    *** A.C. Milan ***

Bang spot on. Thought about it and I tend to sit closer to the gas tank and grip the handlebars tight. It better to sit higher up and closer to the back rest?
    Not really. If you sit back farther, you'll be leaned over more and may put more weight on the bars. Stay wherever it feels comfortable, but grip the tank with your legs and use your core to hold yourself up. Ideally, you should be able to let go of the grips and stay in the same position. You can practice by just holding the controls with your fingertips.

It's exhausting at first, but when you get used to it it's soooo helpful.

What make and model is your 250, depending on style, you may need to alter the seating position.
    BUT, a 250 only weighs SO MUCh and, the lighter the bike, the more you get buffeted around.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

82°F here today

lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by elephino View Post
    Not really. If you sit back farther, you'll be leaned over more and may put more weight on the bars. Stay wherever it feels comfortable, but grip the tank with your legs and use your core to hold yourself up. Ideally, you should be able to let go of the grips and stay in the same position. You can practice by just holding the controls with your fingertips.

It's exhausting at first, but when you get used to it it's soooo helpful.
    this is how you tell from a noob rider to a experienced rider. if you see some one straight arm out then you know they haven't been riding much.
    especially on super sports you need to grip the tank and hold yourself up with core strength not your arms. helps turning much better and also possible of tank slappers riding over bumps at high speed.

Originally Posted by speedjason View Post
    this is how you tell from a noob rider to a experienced rider. if you see some one straight arm out then you know they haven't been riding much.
    especially on super sports you need to grip the tank and hold yourself up with core strength not your arms. helps turning much better and also possible of tank slappers riding over bumps at high speed.
    Yeah man. Sportbikes are so sensitive, you have to treat the controls, well, like controls... not handlebars. A loose, relaxed grip helps with every element of going smooth and fast.

All this talk about wind. My bike weighs 400 lbs and it was blowing a legitimate 30+ on the way to work and I rode a good two miles right next to an 18 wheeler (extremely poor practice, I know). No issues at all. I think bike design has more to do with it than weight. The old Shadow Spirit 750 I had was all over the place if a butterfly flew by too close.
    Last edited by HairyScandinavian; 04-10-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Im on a green ninja 250, 2010. Picked it up for 3,000 in canada.

I'm not a noob, but deff not a pro and I dont have a problem riding the bike with no hands lol. When I first got my bike I learned to ride in under 5 minutes (not trying to brag or anything)

Its a little subconscious when riding though but i should deff try to ride more with my core and not rely on handle bars. More practice this year will help a lot though
    *** A.C. Milan ***

All the talk about core, etc.. has some merit, but remember, if you need to make an emergency manuever, it's done with the bars. Countersteering saves lives. Core steering is smooth and steady, bar and foot steering is quick and needs to be precise.
    But don't get in the habit of laying on the bars when you are just riding, when you shift your BW around, it will provide bar input. Object is a firm grip and relaxed ridning posture. Hanging on too tight, anywhere, will induce little 'bike upsetting' movements. In a strong wind, just hunch down a bit and make yourself and the bike a projectile, not a sail.
    I am a sail on my bike, so I am catching every cross breeze there is, just the nature of the bike style, that's where weight helps a cruiser. Even though the bike and I weigh about 900lbs combined, I am still a sail with a small windshield and non aerodynimc luggage.
    I never had a problem on the Daytona, FJ1200, Katana, Interceptor, etc..
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

^thats what I meant before. Should I lower my body to create aerodynamics? Thanks for all the tips guys, unfortunately i won't be riding till May. Stupid Canadian weather.

To all you brahs living in a warm climate enjoy a ride for me too
    *** A.C. Milan ***

Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast