Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    OG of Saginaw, MISChigan lil_how_how's Avatar
    lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm totally in!

I wasn't going to worry about checking body fat percentage until I was thinner since I keep reading about major inaccuracies in obese people, such as myself. So I really only have the mirror and the scale to go by.

Starting stats:
    5'10"
    271 lbs.

Pics are on my BodySpace profile.

Goal for Thanksgiving morning weigh-in: 208 lbs. (rougly 2.5 pound loss per week over 25 weeks)

I weigh-in every monday morning so I'll post my progress here too.

Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by lil_how_how; 05-31-2007 at 05:46 PM.

4Burgers2Fries1DietSoda dochall22's Avatar
    dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500)

hey bigboi

bigboihustle - how did you lose the weight you've already dropped?
    Jan 1 - ???

dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by lil_how_how View Post
    I'm totally in!

I wasn't going to worry about checking body fat percentage until I was thinner since I keep reading about major inaccuracies in obese people, such as myself. So I really only have the mirror and the scale to go by.

Starting stats:
    5'10"
    271 lbs.

Pics are on my BodySpace profile.

Goal for Thanksgiving morning weigh-in: 208 lbs. (rougly 2.5 pound loss per week over 25 weeks)

I weigh-in every monday morning so I'll post my progress here too.

Good luck everyone!
    hey, go to the navy link on here and just type in the measurements so you'll have a number, and then at the end you can just make sure to measure it using the same method on your own and you'll have an accurate reading of how your bf% changed, i just did mine for the first time and it was a huge wake up call, give it a shot, it's just a number, most of us here are in dire need to lose some major % of bf so dont worry about it, just check it and then keep it up once a month that way you can see the difference, Imagine, you might lose fat, and add muscle and since your not tracking your bf% you might get discouraged because your not seeing results like you want, so if you have more data on your side it could help keep you motivated, regardless of what numbers they are, as long as you see some change, for the better, it's going to help! it wont hurt! i promise! (unless you use a tape measure and you cut yourself some how )
    Jan 1 - ???

bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well I really started out at 305 and that was when I knew it was time for a change. My friend whos training to be a bodybuilder helped me starting out. He tought me the basics of lifting and how to diet(even though i didn't follow the advice). But basically he was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. Well i lost 30lbs in 3 months by just cutting out pop, cutting back on snacks,watching portions, weight lifting for 4-5days a week, and doing 20 mins on the eliptical 3-4 times a week. Prolly like 4 days out of the week i would eat 3000 cals a day with no real diet plan and the the other 3 days i would binge on anything i wanted. But since i was in powerlifting when i stopped losing weight since we had a big nationals meet in OKC coming up and I didn't want to lose weight on my lifts so i basically binged everyday and still maintained a weight around 270. So now 2 months later i still at 270 and its hard to get on a clean diet but i'm going to try my best.

your not alone

I'm in a similar boat, here's a quick run through for ya
    Freshman Year of High School - 135lbs of nothing
    Senior Year - 190lbs. - rock hard
    Sophmore Year of College- 248lbs - fatty McFatty
    End of 5th Year - Graduated college at 185 - not as hard as the 190 in high school though. I met my soon to be wife the same weekend I graduated and since then have ballooned up to 235lbs. I'm going to get back in shape, and I think finding this website was the best thing ever, I see all kinds of transformations that have me pumped about getting back in the gym. I hope you do well, because I know how good it can make you feel at your age to see huge gains. I had people who switched school who seen me my Freshman year and not again until my Junior year and they were like, WHOA!
    Word of advice - once you get to your weight, dont stop the workout, thats why I get in the shape I am, after football was over I just stopped everything! Not a good idea!!!
    Jan 1 - ???

orellanaoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orellanaoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orellanaoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orellanaoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orellanaoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orellanaoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orellanaoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orellanaoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orellanaoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orellanaoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orellanaoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Good Luck

Well I just want to say that there are a lot of motivated people participating in this contest, and I hope some of you are not doing it for the money but for your selves. I will be checking in on the Official thread for this contest and I will be making fun of the people that were so motivated at first and just quit after a couple of weeks and I will defenetly be voting at the end, so I better see some Holy Sh*t transformation. Consider me your Transformation Drill Instructer, You will dream of me negging and leaving rude comments just so you don't quit. Good luck!
    Its not about how much you can lift, its about how much you look like you can lift. Bob C.

Q: What came first the chicken or the egg?

A: The Bodybuilder that ate them 6 times a day.

lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50) lil_how_how will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by orellanaoa View Post
    Well I just want to say that there are a lot of motivated people participating in this contest, and I hope some of you are not doing it for the money but for your selves. I will be checking in on the Official thread for this contest and I will be making fun of the people that were so motivated at first and just quit after a couple of weeks and I will defenetly be voting at the end, so I better see some Holy Sh*t transformation. Consider me your Transformation Drill Instructer, You will dream of me negging and leaving rude comments just so you don't quit. Good luck!

Promise?

cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well I just want to say that there are a lot of motivated people participating in this contest, and I hope some of you are not doing it for the money but for your selves.
    I was going to do it for myself anyway and just htought that it would be nice to get paid for it also

I will be checking in on the Official thread for this contest and I will be making fun of the people that were so motivated at first and just quit after a couple of weeks and I will defenetly be voting at the end, so I better see some Holy Sh*t transformation.
    Hey bring it on. What do you got?

Consider me your Transformation Drill Instructer, You will dream of me negging and leaving rude comments just so you don't quit. Good luck
    More reason for me to kick ass. This way you won't be able to say nothing
    My journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112815821

Lost 161lbs and counting Freddie Beef's Avatar
    Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jaybo334 View Post
    I'm going to order some calipers this afternoon and will post bf % as soon as I get them in. Looking forward to beating all of ya'll. ;-) Good luck to everyone and will have all of my stats posted, minus bf % by tomorrow. How you doing Fred?
    I am doin Good bro...

We do not actually need bf% right? It really would be a pain for me to try to get mine done. Very short of money, and live about 40 miles away from the nearest palce to get tested,or buy some. I dont plan on losing any muscle.
    Strong and Brave, to the grave

I didn't even know there was any money involved, that's real great of BB.com and all but I think 99.9% of the people here are in it to motivate each other and get motivation from each other to take some life changing steps and commit to a new goal.

I'll take all the ass kicking I can get from anyone as long as it helps me stay motivated.

Originally Posted by toobigfred View Post
    I am doin Good bro...

We do not actually need bf% right? It really would be a pain for me to try to get mine done. Very short of money, and live about 40 miles away from the nearest palce to get tested,or buy some. I dont plan on losing any muscle.

hey, unless i did it wrong, i used a string and a tape measure and did it in like 2 seconds, go to the navy calculation link
    http://www.he.net/~zone/prothd2.html

just type in your numbers and your done, its easy
    Jan 1 - ???

cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am doin Good bro...

Just used the web site linked that he posted and with your measurements it should give you an estimate of your bodyfat.

He said that will do for the contest.

Edit : Here is the link to it

My journal:

I didn't even know there was any money involved, that's real great of BB.com and all but I think 99.9% of the people here are in it to motivate each other and get motivation from each other to take some life changing steps and commit to a new goal.

I'll take all the ass kicking I can get from anyone as long as it helps me stay motivated.
    hmm... 5'11 271 vs. 5'5 160ish -

my money's on how how

Jan 1 - ???

Originally Posted by cawiau View Post
    Just used the web site linked that he posted and with your measurements it should give you an estimate of your bodyfat.

He said that will do for the contest.

Edit : Here is the link to it

c'mon man, gotta speed it up with these posts, seriously, you were almost a complete minute behind me with the link...geeze
    Jan 1 - ???

Originally Posted by dochall22 View Post
    c'mon man, gotta speed it up with these posts, seriously, you were almost a complete minute behind me with the link...geeze
    LOL
    Will try
    My journal:

Originally Posted by dochall22 View Post
    hmm... 5'11 271 vs. 5'5 160ish -

my money's on how how

He's a Marine I'm...a Chef..

Lost 161lbs and counting Freddie Beef's Avatar
    Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up Official Weigh in

Ht: 6ft
    BF%: 51
    Chest:58
    Arms: 23
    Waist: 65(ugh)

Goal #1: 373(what I weighed when I got married in July '05)
    Goal #2: 335 by Thanksgiving

Good Luck to all. Extra Good luck to cawiau, thekansan, jaybo
    Attached Images
    Last edited by toobigfred; 05-31-2007 at 07:21 PM.
    Strong and Brave, to the grave

He's a Marine I'm...a Chef..

I'm a lab geek and my bro is a drill sgt, i whip his ass regularly,

no offense to our military, but they need to bulk up like our boy oscar is in the process of doing, bc the way they train they can run for days, do pushups and situps, but put them in front of a guy who out weighs them by 100lbs and they have trouble, with the right tactics and stuff they can attemp to submit someone, but i'm shocked at how many of my friends who come back from basic who are in great shape still can't handle this beast!!! lol
    Jan 1 - ???

Ht: 6ft
    BF%: 51
    Chest:58
    Arms: 23
    Waist: 65(ugh0

Goal #1: 373(what I weighed when I got married in July '05)
    Goal #2: 335 by Thanksgiving

Good Luck to all. Extra Good luck to cawiau, thekansan, jaybo
    ya know, if you hit me up with some of that extra good luck i might think about ya while i'm spending my $ once I win
    Jan 1 - ???

Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Damn...okay me and technology are not good friends...after spending an hour trying to figure out how to use a camera I came away with two really ****ty pictures both of my stomach...I was trying to find a way to delay the picture so I could step away from the camera...but that didn't happen...I am not going to have another chance to take pics before the 2nd. So I am going to post the two I have because I really want to participate in this and I don't want to be dsq'ed or anything. Hopefully I will be able to get some better pics up in a week or so...again please excuse the really ****ty pics.

anyways...

Stats:

Height 5'6
    Weight: 181.9
    BF%: 20% I Don't have calipers...I used the navy method posted in this thread. ** This result kinda suprised me, I never thought it would be that high I see people posting pic son here all the time caliming to have a certain BF% and try to base a geuss off that...I never thought I would be so high. I guess just use it as motivation eh?
    Waist: 34.5 (I haven't measured my waist in a long time and this was a fair bit bigger then a thought it would be...so I definetley have some work to do)
    Biceps: 16.25 (Flexed) and 14.75 (unflexed)
    Forearms: 13 (flexed) and 12.5 (unflexed)
    Thighs 25.5 (flexed and unflexed)
    Calves: 15.5/.75 (between there)
    Neck: 15.25

Goals:
    Still aiming for around 10%, I deally below it...looking at the Navy test that is going to probabley require me losing 5 inches off my waist... so just under an inch a month...hopefully it works out.

Anyways pics are attached below...again I know they suck, I hope to get some better ones soon.
    Attached Images
    I believe that anyone can conquer fear by doing the things they fear to do, provided they keep doing them until they get a record of successful experience behind themselves.

bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Please excuse me for asking, but what is that suctioncup type thing on your stomach?

Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whingman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bigboihustle View Post
    Please excuse me for asking, but what is that suctioncup type thing on your stomach?
    no prob...I am a type 1 insulin dependant diabetic and I use an insulin pump...basically what your seeing is a part of the infusion set...
    I believe that anyone can conquer fear by doing the things they fear to do, provided they keep doing them until they get a record of successful experience behind themselves.

Originally Posted by bigboihustle View Post
    I was thinking the same too.
    My journal:

Originally Posted by Whingman View Post
    no prob...I am a type 1 insulin dependant diabetic and I use an insulin pump...basically what your seeing is a part of the infusion set...

be careful with those things. as easy as they seem, i had a friend who passed away last summer from problems that stemmed from the pump itself, some of it was human error, but also pump problems. HE loved the pump, but had a few issues with it that led to his death. PAY ATTENTION!!
    Jan 1 - ???

Ok I used the Navy method posted above, had my wife take the measurements, and I'm at 39% bodyfat. That's probably pretty accurate. It says my ideal weight is 190 pounds and I'd agree with that.

Measurements/stats

Abdomen: 51.75 inches
    Height: 70 inches
    Neck: 18.75 inches
    Weight: 271 pounds
    Bodyfat: 39%

EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I weight in at 208 and my goal is to get down to 180. Good luck everyone

Ronto will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronto will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronto will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronto will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronto will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronto will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronto will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronto will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronto will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronto will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This was for myself, i was figuring I would get like a shirt or something when I won (kidding kidding, haha) but in all reality, i had no desire to pursue it for the money. I joined before there were prizes even listed, and figured there wouldnt be any prizes just fun.

timsbeefshack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timsbeefshack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timsbeefshack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timsbeefshack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timsbeefshack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timsbeefshack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timsbeefshack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timsbeefshack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timsbeefshack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timsbeefshack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timsbeefshack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Count me in

I just joined this site tonight. My older brother toobigfred, is in the contest too. I will make my offficial post in a little bit. Stop by and check out my bodyspace.
    Clean under wear attracts accidents.

I just tried that military bodyfat calculation and its pretty acurate. It said i was 32% while 2 weeks ago i was measured at 30%. It seems pretty accurate to me.

Registered User roadwarrior9355's Avatar
    roadwarrior9355 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roadwarrior9355 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roadwarrior9355 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roadwarrior9355 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roadwarrior9355 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roadwarrior9355 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roadwarrior9355 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roadwarrior9355 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roadwarrior9355 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roadwarrior9355 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roadwarrior9355 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I am game

Count me in. Sounds like just the motivation I need to get my nutrition plan working. You did say everyone?

Stats
    Height: 5' 2" (eyes of blue)
    Weight: 235 lbs
    BF: 47%
    Waist: 47"
    Hip: 50.5"
    Thigh: 25.25"

6 Month goal: 210lbs @ 37% BF (I am new at this, is this reasonable?)

Short term goal: Not to eat ice cream today

Fair warning - pictures will be posted soon.

On the subject of calipers, I had a fitness assessment before joining the contest. The gym I go to doesn't use calipers any more because there is too much touching. Maybe they are afraid of a lawsuit? If this turns out to be an issue please let me know. As someone who is morbidly obese, other than dunking, there really isn't an accurate measurement is there? All I can do is measure progress. Progress is what I am working for. :-)
    Roadwarrior on the highway of life.