unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

average male height and weight?

i am trying to figure out what the average height and weight of a normal guy. certain people i know are under the impression that everyone should eat 2,000 calories a day regardless of their size.

-i basically am just wondering where the number 2,000 comes from and why.

i am working out with a friend and recently told him we were going to consume 2,500 calories (our goal is to lose fat), and he seemed a little startled ......to say the least. he thinks it is too much.

-help me find some good sites to educate him please.

thanks guys.
    WHO DAT

He must be on creatine! slaydox's Avatar
    slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by unclejeff View Post
    i am trying to figure out what the average height and weight of a normal guy. certain people i know are under the impression that everyone should eat 2,000 calories a day regardless of their size.

-i basically am just wondering where the number 2,000 comes from and why.

i am working out with a friend and recently told him we were going to consume 2,500 calories (our goal is to lose fat), and he seemed a little startled ......to say the least. he thinks it is too much.

-help me find some good sites to educate him please.

thanks guys.
    Read the back of any food product. on the nutrition label at the bottom is says "based on a 2000 calorie diet for a 150lb male" the it says "some people may need more" and has a chart for 2500 calories.

unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by slaydox View Post
    Read the back of any food product. on the nutrition label at the bottom is says "based on a 2000 calorie diet for a 150lb male" the it says "some people may need more" and has a chart for 2500 calories.
    good post.

we are eating 2500 to lose weight, do you think he will buy that?

edit: ^^^^ i just re-read what i wrote and i sound like a smart ass. that is not my intentions.
    WHO DAT

Talo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It all depends on if you want to lose weight or gain weight...Calories are always going to change.

1g protein = 4 calories
    1g carb = 4 calories
    1g fat = 8 or 9 calories

So if a person is eating
    1.5g of protein per lb and is a 200 lb person that's 1200cals
    3g of carbs per lb that would be 2400 cals

Then you have to add the fat in there. So a 200lb person would be way over the 2000 mark.

Registered User WiliamBurkowitz's Avatar
    WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Bodybuilding is a different scene and it has nothing to do with nutrition intended for the general public people.

If you are a bodybuilder your lifestyle is different and so are your eating habits.

Normal people eat 3 meals a day.

We eat 5-8. Nuff said.
    click clack! salute!

Mr. GQ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr. GQ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr. GQ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr. GQ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr. GQ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr. GQ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr. GQ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr. GQ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr. GQ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr. GQ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr. GQ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by WiliamBurkowitz View Post
    Bodybuilding is a different scene and it has nothing to do with nutrition intended for the general public people.

If you are a bodybuilder your lifestyle is different and so are your eating habits.

Normal people eat 3 meals a day.

We eat 5-8. Nuff said.
    No doubt. As bodybuilders, we are not "average" - thank God. What's best for you is different than what's best for me. Find out what works best for you and get huge.