Dit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy shin splint (expert help needed)

i had been running regularly as i am in a cutting phrase but recently i think i am suffering from shin splint. this is because my lower shin hurts after running as well as the next day. i heard that this condition can never be cured fully.
    i tried taking 2 weeks off but even after getting back running, the pain is back. i m going to see a doctor next week but i must consult u guys on whether it is as serious as i thought.
    The pain is on both legs
    Life is too short to be small
    (((((((======)))))))

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i got it as well when i started a cutting phase, its probably because you havnt done cardio for so long, am i right? and the muscles there arent used to the stress, or something, im not sure, but for me all i could do was walk very fast, cos when i ran, the pain would be too much, but after about a month, the pain reduced greatly, your right, it never goes away, but its more tolerable now
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red

Dit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Buff_Daddy
    i got it as well when i started a cutting phase, its probably because you havnt done cardio for so long, am i right? and the muscles there arent used to the stress, or something, im not sure, but for me all i could do was walk very fast, cos when i ran, the pain would be too much, but after about a month, the pain reduced greatly, your right, it never goes away, but its more tolerable now
    so i guess its true that i m gonna learn to bear with it.
    anyway i think iam still goin to the doctor as i could try to get a medical cert to excuse me from running during gym class.

Thanks a lot Buff
    Life is too short to be small
    (((((((======)))))))

Carburetor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am not sure what you mean, but If I run alot after a period of time of not running I get some sort of sorness in the lower part of my front shin on both legs... Think it has to do with the pressure put on you shins from running....???

daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    dit - how many times a week do you run?? and for how long have u been running (when did your cutting phase start)?

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Dit

so i guess its true that i m gonna learn to bear with it.
    anyway i think iam still goin to the doctor as i could try to get a medical cert to excuse me from running during gym class.

Thanks a lot Buff
    no problem, dont worry, i ran today , and it was barely noticable, your body/ shins will get used to it, its like a recovery process, after alot of use, i think the muscles will become more flexible,etc but definately go to a doc as you can quicken the recovery
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red

Airvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alot of people who don't run that often don't pay attention to the shoes there running in. If your gonna use running as your cardio it will be a good idea to get a decent pair of running shoes. Anyone over 200lbs should look for the most cushion in a shoe. Otherwise you start getting little pains creeping in here and there. I am not talking about crosstrainers or basketball shoes. Running shoes. This may help with your pain. Also it is recommended that you buy new ones every 400-500 miles of wear. Even for short 20 min runs, and especially for Intense runs.
    Before concentrating on lifting I used to run 25-30 miles a week, so I speak with some experience.
    CHEAP SHOES ARE FINE. There are also motion control and stability running shoes for different ways people land on there feet. Shin splints may indicate that you need a shoe with more cushion. If your running in old shoes the cushion may be dead. Don't under estimate the importantance of shoes when running. Check out the shoe finder at runnersworld website. It explains alot on what may cause certain pains. And shin splints do go away. I doubt you need to see a doc

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Airvent got it right, and yeah shin splints go away...the best thing for them is rest though, but if its not to bad then go ahead. If you see no improvement maybe you should ride a bike for cardio, or even shadow box...but do take a look at your shoes.
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

LiFtInIsFuN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiFtInIsFuN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiFtInIsFuN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiFtInIsFuN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiFtInIsFuN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiFtInIsFuN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiFtInIsFuN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiFtInIsFuN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiFtInIsFuN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oh
    fukkkkk being small, i rather be bigger then them all!!!

Get ILL with IT!!!!!

*Chi Chi Bump MaN*

doctorben@cyber-rights.ne BigBenn's Avatar
    BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000)
    You probobly have flat feet. Nothing is going to fix it excpet more support. Go get some expencive shoe inserts.

RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Could be a bunch of things. Make sure to stretch both your calf and the small muscles right next to your shin on the opposite side of the calf. Could be flat feet like someone mentioned, see the doctor and ask him.

In terms of treatment I used to get them running track. Do 10 min ice, 10 min heat, and go through that cycle 3 times immediately after a run, and doing it everyday (even on days you don't run) would be a good idea too. You can take some anti-inflammatory pain meds to try to help settle it down, as the pain can have a snowballing effect. Try taking 2 alleve everyday for 7 days and do the ice/heat routine I described everyday. Don't always use alleve as a crutch though! The reason I am telling you to use it now is because there is probably inflammation in your shin area and that, along with the ice and heat, will help calm it down. Do not take alleve or any other pain meds on a regular basis! Also don't push yourself for those 7 days because you might feel good because the alleve is masking the pain. Go a little bit easier on the running, maybe even don't run at all. Just ice/heat and take your alleve for 7 days. Then see how it feels. I would recommend continuing the ice/heat after those 7 days though to keep it healthy though. And again see a doc to make sure its nothing serious.