Thread: My Keto log

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

My Keto log

Well I have this same log going on in the CKD forums but I figure I may as well attract more people with it here, try and get some advice/info.

Here is my personal info

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 187lbs

Lean Body Mass: 155.5lbs

Fat Mass: 31.5lbs

Body Fat: 17%

Waist: 35in

I have pics but my software to upload them doesn't work right now so I have to get that fixed. In my next post I'll probably just upload 3 pics of my fit day diet so far to keep people up to speed.

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Alright well here are the pics, I started this diet on 26 May 07 and this is what I've been eating so far:

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

So far I haven't gotten into Ketosis yet, I worked out pretty good last night to try and speed up the process. I'd like to get into it by tomorrow since I have a day off but we'll see how it goes. I can't cook since I live in a dorm room, so my meals look simple and limited but overall I'm sticking with it. I'm changing some things around here and there. I do want to keep avocados, or more specifically guacamole, as a staple in my diet. I love it and it has good fat and tends to keep me full longer is seems. Although I haven't hit ketosis yet it seems I'm not holding as much water as I used to, though it's nothing major. Critique, let me know what you all think. Thanks.

Day 4, sadly not in Ketosis yet, and somehow I see the irony in it all that of all days I will have it by tomorrow morning right before PT. Bah oh well, I'll be happy to be in Ketosis regardless. Here's my log for day four:

Went to the commissary again, and did some more research, found plenty of shrimp that I can buy in big quantities. All zero carb and fat free, which I plan to cook with butter and such. I also found "carnitas" which is basically shredded pork, I love this stuff, though it's not as great as it is back home it's definitely good. 1g of carbs per 3oz serving, at 5 servings a package not bad at all. Looks like my appetite has gone down some, it seems like everyday I go down in calories each time. That will change once I actually start working out again, but for now I'm just waiting.

Day 5, no sure sign of Ketosis but I guess I may already be in it. Either way I woke up pretty good this morning, had a pretty rough PT session but I felt energized. No drop in energy, in fact other than feeling a little tired I felt better when I was at work. Today was a little weird since I opted to take a protein shake with cinnamon after PT rather than eat a full breakfast. I had to wait 90 mins after PT to eat breakfast, and well by then it was time to get going to work. I ate a cheese stick for a snack, but didn't like it too much so I might not get them next time. Had a double cheeseburger, sans the bun, with a cup of salad with full fat ranch. Pretty good actually, and filling, might keep eating that for a while. Since I don't know the exacts on the calories and such of the patties I just went to Burgerking.com and looked up their nutrition info for a cheeseburger and added the info for just a patty with cheese. I figure it's a rough estimate of what they used in the chow hall so I'm going with that.

So far so good, tomorrow is going to be rough, going on a trip early in the morning and I don't have much money on me to buy some keto food. Might have to wait it out till they have a barbecue later in the day and stock up.

The day isn't over yet so I'll post my fitday percentages after my last meal of the day, so far at 1700 calories.

Well I guess I was off by about 300 cals, but either way today seemed to be a pretty bad day for me and it started off with the morning shake. I made the percentages fairly decently, but missed my cals by a good 700. I didn't have much food left and well I was too tired to go and buy some. Anyways here's the fitday log:

looks like I had enough shrimp to make 2 meals out of so I went ahead and ate some, still kept my percentages fairly close and added a good amount of calories.

Well today was a pretty bad day for Keto, I didn't really cheat, but since my meals were so spread out it was hard to make the 2200 cals I needed. Not to mention the fact that a lot of that food was high and fat and didn't have as much protein. Hopefully the rest of the week will be much better.

Eh well right after I posted that I realized that almost 80% of my diet for today came from fat so I had to change that, so I did. I added in a protein shake with cinnamon and it brought it down quite a lot, at least somewhat near the numbers I should have.

Bah, today I went off base to eat at some Korean restaurant, we had a going away for someone in the shop. Well I ate some beef bulgogi with lettuce, I put the bulgogi in the lettuce and made a wrap and ate it. Had some water with it, overall I'm pretty sure I kept strict to the Keto food, but the bad thing is I have no idea what the macros where on it so it kinda messed with me. Had some almonds as a snack back at work and after work ate a couple of double cheeseburgers and salads from Burger King. Overall with everything I did calculate I had about 1900 calories, so I'm guessing the bulgogi pushed me well into the 2k mark for calories so overall I think I did pretty good today. Might start changing my updates to every other day, or every few days seeing as how keeping up every day seems to get harder and harder each time.

Day 9

Alright been gone for the past few days from here but I'm back. Today's macros still came short as far as calories go, and I blame it all on the fact that I slept way too much today. On a better note, I did a pretty good workout today at the gym. I was quite impressed, I set all new records for myself in every category including cardio. Maybe that'll jump start me into Ketosis. Anyways here's the fitday breakdown:

Alright I haven't posted anything in a few days, but today is as good a day to do it than any. Well first off, my weight is down to 182 now, remarkably since I didn't think I lost any weight at all. So there goes 5lbs down, probably mostly water weight but I don't care I prefer to lose bf anyways. So it seems my fitness is going up little by little, which is awesome seeing as how I haven't really been working out full force yet. Like this morning we did "last airman up", which is basically a "indian run" where a group of people run in a line and the last person sprints to the front and then the next and next etc. Well we did a relatively simple 1-2 mile run doing this, I thought we were going fairly slow, but apparently some people were having a hard time when I lead. At the end they did a full out sprint and I pretty much had full energy for sprinting even after all that. I didn't feel drained at all, though I did notice that my sprinting ability lost it's energy near the end. I read that, that is a common thing on keto when first starting so no worries. Anyways to continue, tonight I did a fairly good workout at the gym, 35 mins of hard lifting followed by 25 mins of "cardio zone" training on the bike, Yet again something I haven't done in a long time. Also started eating eggs bacon and cheese for once, for a couple meals actually and it's damn good. Not only that, but it adds up in calories which right now is something I definitely need to keep up with.

I was going to try and make some broccoli in my room and take it to work to snack on in between meals but I forgot I had almonds at work, so I ate those. Pretty awesome snack really, 5g carbs per serving but 3g fiber means 2 net carbs. It's awesome because I'm never really hungry, sometimes I just want to eat to get it out of the way, or to do something. It's really curbed my cravings, and a plus, it looks like my acne is starting to slowly diminish. Alright so if you read all of that, I thank you for your time. So without further adieu, here is my Keto Fitday log for day 10:

Also forgot to add this in, but 26g of carbs is kind of far fetched for fitday to say. Really it doesn't subtract fiber or any of that as far as carbs go, such as the almonds, which had 5g of carbs but 3g of fiber=2 net carbs. Also the ground cinnamon is 5g of carbs but nearly 4 of those are fiber, so again theres only 1 g of carbs there. That's 5 carbs more, then if you include the vegetables (which I don't count those carbs anyways I just put them up for the caloric count and to show people I actually eat veggies as well) that's nearly 7g carbs. So that carb count of 26 can almost be dropped down to half when you consider all those factors, so I'd like to think I'm doing fairly well with keeping the carbs down.

Well it seems today I might have gone a little overboard, hell I even went over my deficit today of 2200 to a little over 2500. I think it was due to the chicken wings I had for lunch, but I rarely eat out now so it's not something I'm worried about. Today it seemed like I'm starting to noticeably look somewhat thinner. I'm not thin yet but I look better. I took today off, and I'll workout tomorrow. I plan on working out every other day, then eventually work out maybe 5 times a week. I'm amazed how well I'm doing on this diet, It's fairly easy to stay "strict" on this diet. I haven't been tempted or gave into anything that wasn't keto friendly. It was a little hard today though, I was quite thirsty and a friend of mine had a Powerade, luckily I had a bottle of water handy. Needless to say, I feel pretty great on this diet so far, no real loss of energy, and I'm rarely ever hungry. Here's what I have for today:

Carbs seem a little high, but I did the math and a lot of those are "net" carbs or veggies so I didn't count them in. Just by taking a quick glance at the chart I can say there are at least 20 carbs I can cut out since they are fiber. So I'm really around 20 or so grams of carbs.

Update on today, this morning we had some pretty intense PT. It was called "screw your neighbor", and we did it at a track/field. Basically you picked a partner, and while one was doing pushups and situps constantly the other ran a lap around the track, up and down the bleachers and then tagged his partner. The partner would then run and do the same, over and over. We did this for around 30 mins, and wow I was so exhausted, but it never felt better. I was really giving it my all, I did maybe 6 laps and each one I tried to do just as fast, so it really wore me down. Damn it was worth it though, on an even better note I weight myself today at the gym, I'm down to 179. Looks like I lost 3 lbs from the last weigh in last week. Not bad, it's slow but sure, and I'm in no rush so it's perfect. Today's gym workout wasn't as great as I'd like it to be, my pullups were much better though. I was able to knock out 10 my first time with almost no help (I use a weighted pullup machine). I usually knock out six at first, but this time doing 10 was a breeze. I did weighted squats and that really took it out of me, but it felt awesome.

Did about 15 mins of cardio, I started to cramp up so I couldn't do 20 mins. It was still high intensity, at 170 heart rate so I did decent. I hadn't been to the gym on my own for a week, so I figured I needed to get back into it, today's workout wasn't as great as others so. Anyways that's it for today. My macros turned out fairly well, and I got to take in the Olive oil like I wanted. Also I had a taco salad for lunch, which was mostly ground beef, lettuce, salsa and sour cream. I'm estimating around 500 calories as a safe bet, but I don't know the other macros so I left them out. :roll: