thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

About powercleans and the 5x5...

I want to do powercleans in place of rows in the 5x5, however, I'm worried about how this will effect my shoulders. To elaborate, the barbell row acts as an antagonist movement for the bench press since benching alone will cause the "sloping forward posture" and overdeveloped front delts compared to lats/rear delts which can lead to injury. So my question is, do powercleans serve well as an antagonist movement for bench? Or will it be necessary to throw in 2 sets or so of face pulls at the end of monday and fridays workout?

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by thesecondrei View Post
    I want to do powercleans in place of rows in the 5x5, however, I'm worried about how this will effect my shoulders. To elaborate, the barbell row acts as an antagonist movement for the bench press since benching alone will cause the "sloping forward posture" and overdeveloped front delts compared to lats/rear delts which can lead to injury. So my question is, do powercleans serve well as an antagonist movement for bench? Or will it be necessary to throw in 2 sets or so of face pulls at the end of monday and fridays workout?
    I did pullups on day 2 and that seemed to do well for my shoulders and lats, 5 x 5 with power cleans will serve you just fine along with stretching.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you Goju.

Ah I have a dilemna, I could only do 3 bodyweight pullups, should I just stick to 3x6-8 negatives for wednesdays workout for now or do pulldowns?

stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thesecondrei View Post
    Power Clean are a vertical movement rather than horizontal like the row.

In a correctly performed power cleans, the shoulders are back & down, chest forward. They should learn you correct posture.
    http://stronglifts.com

Tallnstrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tallnstrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tallnstrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tallnstrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tallnstrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tallnstrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tallnstrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tallnstrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tallnstrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tallnstrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tallnstrong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    power cleans+ pullups = hit the same muscles that rows do so if you are doing both of them there should be no problems