BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

BEST Split......

Im looking for a split that in my opinion would be the BEST split ever. Heres what i want it to include.....

-each body part is worked twice over a 9-10 day period

-enough rest days so your body is not overworked

-shoulders are never worked the day after working chest(vice versa)

-no more than 3 body parts are worked in a single day

I no its hard to create a routine following these guidelines but if anyone can recomend a good routine similar to the one i asked for that would be appreciated............

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mon - back/bis
    tues - chest/tri
    wed - off
    thurs - legs/shoulders
    fri - off
    sat - repeat

OR

mon - back/bis
    tues - chest/tri/shoulders
    wed - off
    thurs - legs
    fri - off
    sat - repeat

and throw in abs wherever

Hi! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would advise not following the poster above me's routine because IMO you need the weekend for rest. Starting back Saturday is too soon.

The "best" will come about by trial and error, and learning your body.

I do:

Mon - Chest / tris
    Tues - Legs/abs
    Wed - off
    Thurs - shoulders
    Fri - back/bis
    Sat - rest
    Sun - rest

I do chest monday because I get rest pretty much from the last thursday on shoulders. I enjoy feeling really refreshed when doing chest. On monday you are usually itching to get back to the gym, and doing your chest then just makes it seem to go by quicker.

I do shoulders on a day by itself, becuase your shoulders are an incredibly strong muscle. In this sense, I like to work them hard and giving them their own day allows me to focus more on that.

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mon - Full body
    Tue - Off
    Wed - Full body
    Thur - Off
    Fri - Full body
    Sat - Off
    Sun - Off
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

EchoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: BEST Split......

Originally posted by BRIAN00734
    -no more than 3 body parts are worked in a single day
    so yea, that full body routine wont really match wat he's looking for

dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Re: BEST Split......

Originally posted by EchoX
    so yea, that full body routine wont really match wat he's looking for
    But why don't you want that? Ask any HST guy, it works. Some athletes use it too.
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

Flying Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Re: BEST Split......

Originally posted by dookie1481
    But why don't you want that? Ask any HST guy, it works. Some athletes use it too.
    If he doesn't want, he doesn't want it... and you don't need to force him to do what you like.

Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000)
    fullbody workout #1
    dips
    chins
    squats

fullbody workout #2
    incline dumbell press
    rows
    deadlift

3 bodyparts are worked out directly and the rest indirectly (the beauty of compund movements )
    "I want...I can...I will" - toe-pickin' guitar player Tony Melendez

*Misc Entrepreneur Crew* http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=160254601

WesO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Tete
    fullbody workout #1
    dips
    chins
    squats

fullbody workout #2
    incline dumbell press
    rows
    deadlift

3 bodyparts are worked out directly and the rest indirectly (the beauty of compund movements )
    bump to that.... even tho he said he didnt want to work more then 3 body parts in a day (workout #1 would be working tri's, chest, bi's, back, and pretty much every muscle in your body for squats)

I don't really see the point in limiting yourself to 3 body parts a day... that means you are depriving yourself of some great exercises... like squats... if you are just starting out, i would do full body 3 days a week and move stuff around later on until you have something that you love doing and look forward to every day.... thats what makes lifting fun...IMO anyway...

btw, Im not forcing anything on anyone, I just think it helps to get a different view on things to make sure people have really thought about all of their options...

NOW DO AS I SAY!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: BEST Split......

Originally posted by Flying Knight
    If he doesn't want, he doesn't want it... and you don't need to force him to do what you like.
    Brother, if I could force people to do what I wanted them to over the internet, I would be a rich man. But it's a good split, dude. Full-body. Smart.
    -Abraham Maslow

-Lyle McDonald

-Charlie Francis

Originally posted by Tete
    fullbody workout #1
    dips
    chins
    squats

fullbody workout #2
    incline dumbell press
    rows
    deadlift

I like, man. But I'd add Power Cleans or Power Snatches somewhere.
    -Abraham Maslow

-Lyle McDonald

-Charlie Francis

shastaniel will become famous soon enough. (+50) shastaniel will become famous soon enough. (+50) shastaniel will become famous soon enough. (+50) shastaniel will become famous soon enough. (+50) shastaniel will become famous soon enough. (+50) shastaniel will become famous soon enough. (+50) shastaniel will become famous soon enough. (+50) shastaniel will become famous soon enough. (+50) shastaniel will become famous soon enough. (+50) shastaniel will become famous soon enough. (+50) shastaniel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know you don't want more than 3 body parts worked in the same day, but maybe follow this routine that I'm convinced works if you stick to it. It's by no means a complete bodybuilder's routine, it's basically set up for allow for maximum size and strength, not real definition or shape. Ideal for athletes and football players, me thinks.

Monday (upperbody complete):

Flat OR Incline barbell Press x 5
    Dumbbell military press x 5
    Tricep Skullcrushers x 5
    Barbell bicep curl x 5
    Deadlifts x 5

Tuesday (lower body complete):
    Squats x 5
    Leg press x 5
    Leg Curls x 5
    SLDL x 5

Wednesday OFF or cardio of choice

Thurs: Repeat Monday

Friday: Repeat Tuesday

Sat/Sun OFF or one day do some cardio

Rep range (if I remember) is as follows: 12-10-8-8-10. Or experiment with what gives you best growth and feel.

That is it. I realize it isn't too exciting, and doesn't allow you to target different parts of a body part (aka can't focus on each deltoid head individually), but if you're looking for a concise, easy to follow plan, I'd go with this. Just eat BIG and rest big, and you should be able to get big. I've never done it personally, but I have a few friends who tried it out and got pretty amazing results on strength gains considering the simplicity of it. Give it a shot if nothing else works.

-S

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: Re: BEST Split......

Originally posted by dookie1481
    HST is not the answer to every question asked

BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BRIAN00734 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thanx for all the responses guys but ive done full body routines and A LOT of compound excerises. ive gained a lot of weight and mass from those routines but now id like to do some body building and i dont think full body workouts are in my near future........

Re: Re: Re: Re: BEST Split......

Originally posted by Mikey1
    HST is not the answer to every question asked
    Looking at my post, it sure doesn't look like I implied that HST is the answer. I just said that those guys can coroborate the fact that full-body splits work. I've never even used HST.
    -Abraham Maslow

-Lyle McDonald

-Charlie Francis