Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Better by selling less? Yes it is more powerful, it can produce better graphics, but gameplay>graphics, and that is why the Wii is winning at the moment.

I don't own either console so don't really give a ****, but i would like the PS3 to fail, only because Sony think they can charge silly amounts for a console that just has sequels.
    Do you know all the things the ps3 can achieve? It can be your own lil desktop, put linux on it, Windows XP, download movies, music, photos, browse the net, watch movies from your ps3 to your psp, upscale all normal dvd's to HD, a blueray disc is 30times bigger than a normal disc, the six axis controller has alot of potential. Do you know have any clue how much a blue ray player cost, You know the production cost of a ps3?

russell7165 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russell7165 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russell7165 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russell7165 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russell7165 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russell7165 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russell7165 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russell7165 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russell7165 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russell7165 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russell7165 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol at Playstation haters gloating while they still can..

NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I Love the Wii. LOVE/

EDIT: stupid ps3... it costs to much for what it is. ok NM, just read above. I still dont like it. I dont even know why anymore...
    ><((*>|----------------------[]-|<*))><
    ``````Cut............................Bulk``````

11-05-2007 --- 193.5pds. ~12%bf

GOAL -

01-01-2008 --- BIG

MOTIVATED - DEDICATED

Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000) Samihassan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i just cant stand when ppl say the Wii is better then the ps3. It makes me laugh. Im a department manager at target, and i just cant stand when i get guest telling me its better then the ps3. The Wii processor is the same thing as the gamecube, and the CEO of Nintendo had said that the wii is pretty much the same thing as Gamecube. Ppl are just stupid.

Paging Dr. Iraq Attaq.... Iraq Attaq's Avatar
    Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Haven't looked at the list of either, if someone wants to post them it would be appreciated it. But going from the PS2, it will all be sequels anyway. And all of the crappy movie/games like Harry Potter.

I don't get your point about who is going to be purchasing the console, if the adverts only show adults in them, then adults buying the Wii will think it is for adults and not for kids?

Also, most people who buy consoles don't look at what games are coming out, they buy them on impulse and listen to the sales people in the store.
    Then you apparently have not been reading any of the thousand of console posts on the board, leave alone the millions of other boards on the Intarwebz. People have been buying these consoles after a lot of consideration. I don't know of anyone that's bought a next gen console on impulse. Most people have been buying consoles for the games available (ie Halo, GTA, Resistance, Zelda, etc). And as far as the advertisements are concerned you have to remember, their job is to sell you a product. They'll show you anything to get you to buy it. But, your right, it's not for kids. Those adults in the commercial were standing in line to buy Super Smash Bros and Crash Bandicoot games. THe Wal-Mart store manager almost got trampled by a horde of adults when they released Disney's Chicken Little and the Ant Bully. We wont even mention the carnage that ensued during the great Happy feet debacle.
    ██ █ ★ █ ██ Official Combat Veterans Crew ██ █ ★ █ ██

Originally Posted by Iraq Attaq View Post
    Then you apparently have not been reading any of the thousand of console posts on the board, leave alone the millions of other boards on the Intarwebz. People have been buying these consoles after a lot of consideration. I don't know of anyone that's bought a next gen console on impulse. Most people have been buying consoles for the games available (ie Halo, GTA, Resistance, Zelda, etc). And as far as the advertisements are concerned you have to remember, their job is to sell you a product. They'll show you anything to get you to buy it. But, your right, it's not for kids. Those adults in the commercial were standing in line to buy Super Smash Bros and Crash Bandicoot games. THe Wal-Mart store manager almost got trampled by a horde of adults when they released Disney's Chicken Little and the Ant Bully. We wont even mention the carnage that ensued during the great Happy feet debacle.
    He doesnt know what hes talking about. No point arguing with him.

Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Samihassan View Post
    Do you know all the things the ps3 can achieve? It can be your own lil desktop, put linux on it, Windows XP, download movies, music, photos, browse the net, watch movies from your ps3 to your psp, upscale all normal dvd's to HD, a blueray disc is 30times bigger than a normal disc, the six axis controller has alot of potential. Do you know have any clue how much a blue ray player cost, You know the production cost of a ps3?
    You can't sell a salesman, if i wanted to do all that i would just turn on my pc and save 600 bucks. Also, who the hell wants to watch movies from their PS3 on their PSP, if anyone has any knowledge they would just load up a duo stick with a few movies. Also, leaving the PS3/router on just for that is pretty stupid, the PSP battery isn't exactly long so in all it is just a gimmick that won't be used.

Do i know the value of a blue ray player? No. Do i care? No.

Why the hell would i know or want to know the cost of production for the PS3? Who gives a ****.

Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NewGuy23 View Post
    You also forgot to add in Ps2, which has sales of 194k. Who the fuk cares what the sales say? i love my ps3, i can do anything, i can download music, surf the net, upscale all my regular dvd into hi def, i love blue ray, i love Resistance, it fukin owns the Wii anyday. The PSP is 50times better then the DS

yeah, I know. I loved my Dreamcast too.

Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fendi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Iraq Attaq View Post
    Like i said before, i am not a fanboy of any console. But this makes me laugh. You make it sound like the Wii is the only console to release games like Happy feet, or Chicken Little? Can't say i have ever heard of them.

If you go back to the PS1, PS2, they released all this crap just to have a huge catalogue of games that appealed to all, so now you are knocking Nintendo for doing the same.

Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Money Shot View Post
    wtf why did 84,000 decide to buy game boy advance in april when the system has been obsolete for a year and a half
    There are still games coming out for it, like those SNES Final Fantasy remakes and crappy cartoon movie games.. And its still cheaper than the Nintendo DS.

He doesnt know what hes talking about. No point arguing with him.
    It isn't an arguement, it is an opinion. There is no need to work yourself up defending your console because i don't care at the end of the day.

I just find it amusing how you are blowing on the PS3's cock.

Originally Posted by JohnLx View Post
    $600 isn't that much,
    get you own place where you have multiple $300+ bills to pay and then tell me if $600 to play games that look like crap compared to PC games "not too much"

plus all the worthwhile games are slowly headed to the 360. I can wait.

Originally Posted by Fon7ana View Post
    XBOX 360 will rule all with this arsenal:

Call of Duty 4
    GTA 4
    Halo 3

^^ those are gonna be insane and countless of people will buy 360's when they see the greatness of these up and comers.
    The Wii gets:

Metroid Prime
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl

supposedlyby the end of this year

Originally Posted by NewGuy23 View Post
    ROFL, too bad that Call of duty is on the ps3, GTA is on the ps3 also. Too bad that Final Fantasy 13 is on the ps3, so is killzone2, so is haze, and so is Metal Gear solid.
    it doesn't matter because people will buy the cheaper version since they are the same games. And w/ more 360's in consumers homes, that shouldn't be too hard.

Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    The Wii gets:

Metroid Prime
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl

supposedlyby the end of this year
    Also someone posted Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles is coming to the Wii. Is this for adults of children?

I don't own either console so don't really give a ****, but i would like the PS3 to fail, only because Sony think they can charge silly amounts for a console that just has sequels.
    X2

I've really haven't been in to consle gaming lately because I have more important things to do, But would will be a sad day when $600 consoles are the "norm" Thats why i'm glad the PS3 is flopping.

Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my biggest problem with the Wii is the lack of 'adult' games. zelda? wii sports? please. what happened to the days of killer instinct and donkey kong. hehe

i just cant stand when ppl say the Wii is better then the ps3. It makes me laugh. Im a department manager at target, and i just cant stand when i get guest telling me its better then the ps3. The Wii processor is the same thing as the gamecube, and the CEO of Nintendo had said that the wii is pretty much the same thing as Gamecube. Ppl are just stupid.
    maybe because graphics/and processing power itsn' everything?

plus Virtual Console sees to be its selling. point.

Sure Xbox has those little arcade games but when Nintendo messed w/ the nostalgia of old school gamers that is where I think the sales helped.

You can't sell a salesman, if i wanted to do all that i would just turn on my pc and save 600 bucks. Also, who the hell wants to watch movies from their PS3 on their PSP, if anyone has any knowledge they would just load up a duo stick with a few movies. Also, leaving the PS3/router on just for that is pretty stupid, the PSP battery isn't exactly long so in all it is just a gimmick that won't be used.

Do i know the value of a blue ray player? No. Do i care? No.

Why the hell would i know or want to know the cost of production for the PS3? Who gives a ****.
    hahahah who would? Me maybe. I have about 50 movies from my ps3, a crap load of downloaded seasons of tv shows, movies and alot of stuff. I can watch movies that are on my ps3, over 50gig, on my psp anywhere in the world. Do you know how awesome that is? yes you have to have a wifi conn, but i have a chip that i pay 13.99 for and i get wifi anywhere. I can be anywhere in the world watching stuff that is on my ps3, music, and pics. thats awesome.

You dont know the value of a blue ray cuz you're ignorant. Bluerays are out selling HD DVD's, and have a l ot of potential, it can hold a lot more space, more features and is just better overall effects.

it doesn't matter because people will buy the cheaper version since they are the same games. And w/ more 360's in consumers homes, that shouldn't be too hard.
    You do know that the 360 online play cost money right?

hahahah who would? Me maybe. I have about 50 movies from my ps3, a crap load of downloaded seasons of tv shows, movies and alot of stuff. I can watch movies that are on my ps3, over 50gig, on my psp anywhere in the world. Do you know how awesome that is? yes you have to have a wifi conn, but i have a chip that i pay 13.99 for and i get wifi anywhere. I can be anywhere in the world watching stuff that is on my ps3, music, and pics. thats awesome.

You dont know the value of a blue ray cuz you're ignorant. Bluerays are out selling HD DVD's, and have a l ot of potential, it can hold a lot more space, more features and is just better overall effects.
    Ok so there is your answer. The PS3 is good for watching movies/tv shows on. At the moment it isn't the best games console, that is why the Wii is the better choice for many (the many that just want to play games).

Thanks for that post, the PS3 doesn't sound so crap now.

Edit,

I do know of the quality of Blu-ray (not blue ray), i just don't care for it. I am quite happy with regular DVDs for now on my 42". If i want to see a particular kind of movie i will go to the cinema.

Maybe i will go to Blu-ray in the future if it wins the format battle, but from what i have read, it won't.
    Last edited by Fendi; 05-29-2007 at 05:54 AM.

SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Sebstar View Post
    my biggest problem with the Wii is the lack of 'adult' games. zelda? wii sports? please. what happened to the days of killer instinct and donkey kong. hehe
    Wait til Manhunt 2 comes out. http://wii.ign.com/articles/792/792012p1.html

I'd love to get a PS3, but I'm not paying $600 for one. Period. They don't even sell the $500 version anymore.

Who in their right mind will get a $600 system outside of game geeks and home theater buffs? I can't see Joe Six Pack getting one, and I can't see Little Johnny's mom or dad buying one for him.

Meanwhile, my aunt who's NEVER played games before, is still looking frantically for a Wii because she had so much fun playing mine at Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by SuperAmmo; 05-29-2007 at 05:56 AM.
    GO BROWNS!
    GO CAVS!
    GO INDIANS!

The Cleveland Browns: 8 League Championships, 11 Conference Championships, 1 Perfect Season
    Cleveland Cavaliers: 2016 NBA Champions!!!!

You do know that the 360 online play cost money right?
    your point?

its still cheaper to buy a 360 an pay for the online service than to buy a PS3. Plus if you've ever played a game online you'd know that paying for its service is always better. You don't have as many glitches and hackers running amuck.

Originally Posted by SuperAmmo View Post
    Wait til Manhunt 2 comes out. http://wii.ign.com/articles/792/792012p1.html

I'd love to get a PS3, but I'm not paying $600 for one. Period. They don't even sell the $500 version anymore.

Who in their right mind will get a $600 system outside of game geeks and home theater buffs? I can't see Joe Six Pack getting one, and I can't see Little Johnny's mom or dad buying one for him.

Meanwhile, my aunt who's NEVER played games before, is still looking frantically for a Wii because she had so much fun playing mine at Thanksgiving.
    You know that manhunt comes out for all three systems?

Look guys im not bashing the Wii by any way, im just saying its a impulse buy on a controller. The graphics are the same as a gamecube, CEO of Nintendo even said that the Wii is pretty much a gamecube, and thats why Nintendo is making money of the wii. I just like my ps3, i have alot of old dvd's, i can watch them in HD, i travel alot and i have a psp so thats really cool and a good thing to show off a little, and the ps3 has sold more then the 360 did last year. No good game has come out for the ps3 till this fall so its pretty boring for me but i use it for the entertainment a lot. I can store backup files, and alot of other things on my ps3 and its pretty convient. Yes i have a HD Tv, and i love the hd quality on all my old dvd's in hd and they look amazing, and normal dvd's that upscale old movies cost a fortune.

paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a Wii and really enjoy it (and my kids do too). I'm patiently waiting for the next Metroid and Super Smash Bros.

As for the PS3...I think Sony screwed up by putting Blu-ray in it. Yeah Blu-Ray rocks don't get me wrong, but didn't it add like $100 to the price of the system? Maybe they should have sold a stripped down version...like a PS3 lite that came with standard DVD or something. Game Developers will develop games on systems that sell the most. More consoles = more potential buyers obviously.
    ---------------------------------------
    Paul V

Misc Holy Spirit Crew
    Misc Epilepsy Crew
    Misc Dallas Crew
    Misc Over 40 crew
    *Old Misc Crew*

your point?

its still cheaper to buy a 360 an pay for the online service than to buy a PS3. Plus if you've ever played a game online you'd know that paying for its service is always better. You don't have as many glitches and hackers running amuck.
    xbox Premium= 479.99+50 (Online Play)+200 hd dvd player=??

Paging Dr. Iraq Attaq.... Iraq Attaq's Avatar
    Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000) Iraq Attaq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ok so there is your answer. The PS3 is good for watching movies/tv shows on. At the moment it isn't the best games console, that is why the Wii is the better choice for many (the many that just want to play games).

Thanks for that post, the PS3 doesn't sound so crap now.

Edit,

I do know of the quality of Blu-ray (not blue ray), i just don't care for it. I am quite happy with regular DVDs for now on my 42". If i want to see a particular kind of movie i will go to the cinema.

Maybe i will go to Blu-ray in the future if it wins the format battle, but from what i have read, it won't.

Exactly. Like I said, I enjoy the PS3 for the Blu-Ray and the DVD-Upscaling right now. I'm not a huge gamer so, I'm not too worried about the titles out for it.
    ██ █ ★ █ ██ Official Combat Veterans Crew ██ █ ★ █ ██

Originally Posted by paul_v View Post
    I have a Wii and really enjoy it (and my kids do too). I'm patiently waiting for the next Metroid and Super Smash Bros.

As for the PS3...I think Sony screwed up by putting Blu-ray in it. Yeah Blu-Ray rocks don't get me wrong, but didn't it add like $100 to the price of the system? Maybe they should have sold a stripped down version...like a PS3 lite that came with standard DVD or something. Game Developers will develop games on systems that sell the most. More consoles = more potential buyers obviously.
    No see thats what sony did PERFECT. With the xbox, developers of games cant really make one good game cuz some xbox had hardrives and some didn't so it was really confusing for developers. The Ps3 has a universal features, so its much much easier for developers to make games for.

Have any of you all seen the feature, Home, for the ps3? That single handly owns anything out there right now by far.

Inuendo? In HER end Oh! PickItUp's Avatar
    PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000)
    I find all of this difficult to believe.

I have not seen a Wii on the shelf at any stores EVER. They are never on the shelves. How can they sell so many units if they are never in the store?

Or are they never in the store because everyone keeps buying them?

I would like to comment on the PS3. I was at Best Buy yesterday and watched some old guy play an offroad truck racing game. The graphics on that game seemed to blow away the XBOX360 beside it...I can't remember which game was on teh XBOX though...it was a first person of some type.
    Mark these words in the annals (no homo) of bodybuilding.com.
    8===D~~~ (.Y.)