RoidRooster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoidRooster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoidRooster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoidRooster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoidRooster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoidRooster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoidRooster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoidRooster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoidRooster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoidRooster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoidRooster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do I Minimise Muscle loss?

Im currently loosing weight on the CKD but my arms and chest are getting smaller and appear to have the same ammount of fat on them as they did when i first started this diet..Im not sure if this is water loss or muscle causing this problem so how do i keep muscle loss to a minimum....thanks for the help

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    By eating six meals a day.

You are smaller due to the water loss.
    Psalm 121

dilly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Re: How do I Minimise Muscle loss?

Originally posted by RoidRooster
    Im currently loosing weight on the CKD but my arms and chest are getting smaller and appear to have the same ammount of fat on them as they did when i first started this diet..Im not sure if this is water loss or muscle causing this problem so how do i keep muscle loss to a minimum....thanks for the help
    Couple tips to keep muscle loss to a minimum!

1) Diet down slowly, only makes small adjustments when "needed"! Alot of people jump the gun and cut too drastically!

2) Don't go crazy on the cardio!

3) Get your nutrition figured out! Make sure you are eating enough protein, fats, and IMO as fitnessman always advocates 30-50g of carbs mainly from fibrous sources! Fat is key to a keto diet!

4) Get your refeeds nailed down!

You definatley are feeling smaller due to your glycogen stores being low, your muscles aren't as full thus your skin won't be as tight which can make you think you are not losing fat! I always go through this phase when starting any diet, and even more so on a low carb diet, just hang in there and keep working and everyting will fall into place!

Cheers
    Dilly
    " Never eat more then you can lift" - Miss piggy
    " If at first you don't succed, find out if the loser gets anything" - Bill Lyon

quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: How do I Minimise Muscle loss?

Originally posted by RoidRooster
    hey! i was experiencing the same thing! i was losing weight, but my muscles were appearing smaller and softer. i was thinking something screwy is going on...

thanks to those who clarified the situation for me.