MatStars has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MatStars has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MatStars has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MatStars has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MatStars has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Keto and Whey...

I am just about ready to start keto, have been doing a few weeks of research. I was just curious, you guys say to avoid whey cept for PW, is that bc whey has a lot of sugar? i have about 6lbs of whey tech - which has 1g of sugar per serving and 3 carbs with a gram of fiber mixed in. is that ok? or should i stay away from it?

stars
    The best defense is a strong offense.

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can use it in a pinch if you miss a meal, but all in all whole food is best.

If you must have a shake (other than PW) I feel it is best to add some flax or olive oil to it. This will slow down the absorbtion rate and limit the possible insulin realease.
    Psalm 121

MatStars has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MatStars has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MatStars has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MatStars has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MatStars has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    at work its hard to prepare meals and whatnot. i may have one of those a day + flax seed oil, would that throw me out of ketosis?

?

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A little preperation goes a long way. Take a small cooler to work (I do no matter what diet I am on).

Again I feel shakes are okay as meal, but only when in a pinch.
    Psalm 121

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by fitnessman
    A little preperation goes a long way. Take a small cooler to work (I do no matter what diet I am on).

Again I feel shakes are okay as meal, but only when in a pinch.
    I agree with fitnessman (of course! would be retarded not too ) all i'd add is if you REALLY need a shake a blended protein (egg, casein) may be better than straight whey.

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by MatStars
    at work its hard to prepare meals and whatnot.
    Actually, grilling up a plethora of chicken breasts on the weekend and tossing one in cooler is a lot less trouble than trying to mix up a protein shake. You just have to get in the habit.

No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by MatStars
    at work its hard to prepare meals and whatnot. i may have one of those a day + flax seed oil, would that throw me out of ketosis?
    Try it and find out.

I drink protein shakes with coconut oil, but only to get my protein up and because coconut oil is so nasty, it's easier to drink it in a shake.

But in your case where you just need the food/calories, you could just swallow 3tbsp of flaxseed oil for a 300calorie "meal"..
    Or eat nuts.. small enough to take to work..

dilly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I find even when I add fats to my whey, the insulin reponse is still quite significant! As chimp said blended is a better option with food being the best option!
    " Never eat more then you can lift" - Miss piggy
    " If at first you don't succed, find out if the loser gets anything" - Bill Lyon