Thread: Cardio

southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cardio

Hi could anyone please give me some advise as I keep hearing different theories, is it better to do say 20 mins cardio before or after your weight training session?

Go TB RAYS/BUCS/LIGHTNING Like It Or Not's Avatar
    Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Welcome to bb.com. Strong first post! (j/k)

I think it just comes down to doing it, doesn't matter if it's before or after. It's just what you prefer. Personally, I prefer cardio after weights.

Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think you will find the prevailing opinion is to do cardio following strength training. The reason being you wouldn't be as strong after doing the cardio, and it's best to be at your strongest when lifting.
    Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

bubbathudd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bubbathudd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bubbathudd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bubbathudd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bubbathudd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bubbathudd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bubbathudd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bubbathudd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bubbathudd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bubbathudd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bubbathudd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    People have posted studies that shows it is more efficient to do cardio after weights. I prefer to do my cardio after so that I don't waste energy before my lifts.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do what works for you. I prefer fun cardio such as hiking, skiing, trail running etc... so for the most part I keep my weights and cardio separated.

On the days I have to do indoor cardio I do some before and after lifting. I just find it too boring to do it all at once.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I consider this topic one that goes into the "let's not over think this".

In muscle mag articles there are all kinds of silly ideas such as these that focus on the minutia with big words that make it sound legit, it's mostly BS.

If you enjoy doing cardio before then do so, if after that's fine as well. If not at all that's your call. The point is what is more important is the reason for doing the cardio. If it's for general

conditioning and all you are doing is 20 minutes then pick the one that you prefer. If it's for losing weight 20 minutes of cardio will have very little affect, and if cutting down pretty low you

would want to save your cardio for later in the cut when you begin to stall. GL

southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the feed back people I'm pretty new to this site so just feelings way around it, I'm always looking for advise!!

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by southsss View Post
    Hi could anyone please give me some advise as I keep hearing different theories, is it better to do say 20 mins cardio before or after your weight training session?
    Depends if your cardio is high intensity( high heart rate) medium or low. High intensity may zap a bit of your weight training max strength while low may just warm up your body. Think about your goals first and then decide when to do your cardio. Over the years for me it made little diff.

[x] High on BeetRoot DesertDude11's Avatar
    DesertDude11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DesertDude11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DesertDude11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DesertDude11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DesertDude11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DesertDude11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DesertDude11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DesertDude11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DesertDude11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DesertDude11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DesertDude11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Makes no difference whatsoever. I do cardio after lifting because I want to save my energy for bigger lifts.

Anyone that says cardio is detrimental to muscular growth and strength can kiss my a$$. I climb trees and do landscaping all day long, go to the gym after work, lift and do cardio for 30 minutes, and have gained strength like crazy in the last 3 months in addition to dropping about 15 lbs.
    Luceo non uro - "I shine not burn"