Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Earthtime View Post
    Titania, if while talking with you my CoC becomes much harder, does that mean I've "done to many"?!
    Or had to many before a certain post ,
    Seconded Hicks!
    aKa MalachiMcMullen elsewhere

Oldtime Strongman Exaordinare

SQUAT MORE AND OIL YOUR GRIPPERS!

www.dieselcrew.com
    www.gripboard.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MalachiMcMullen

Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by 75kg View Post
    Seconded Hicks!
    God bless the Aussies.

Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by John Hicks View Post
    Titania, they will NOT add your name to the list when YOU certify on the #3.

Instead, I think that they should build a whole new category of grip just for you!!
    Seconded Hicks!
    LOL ... and thanks guys. John, you know how to make me smile
    Retired strongwoman and powerlifter. Now living for God!
    www.ausdisciples.com

* My posts prior to Nov 2008 do not reflect my new-found faith in Christ. I became Christian in Nov 2008.

Wes Peart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wes Peart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wes Peart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wes Peart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wes Peart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wes Peart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wes Peart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wes Peart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wes Peart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wes Peart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wes Peart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HIGH VOLUME HIGH VOLUME HIGH VOLUME HIGH VOLUME!!! Beginners should use HIGH VOLUME, take a gripper you can close (if you can close a #1 then take the Trainer, if you can only close the HG200 then take the HG150) with you everywhere you go and just do closes. Take the gripper with you where ever you go and do over 100-200 closes throughout the day, everyday for a week or two then take 2 days off or as long as it takes for your hands to heal and you'll find that your grip strength has grown by leaps and bounds, then redo it with a higher strength gripper. As a beginner the #1 goal isn't to find your max and work with it, it's to increase the strength and durability of the tendons in your hand then work from there.

This sounds REALLY familiar LOL
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 75kg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Wes Peart View Post
    This sounds REALLY familiar LOL
    So you agree with it?

www.dieselcrew.com
    www.gripboard.com

Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question thick bar wrist curls

Any experience with thick bar wrist curls?

When doing gripper negatives should you attempt to hold the gripper closed or simply allow the yielding?

finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm going to get the #1 and #1.5 for Jr.high graduation.
    Currently on Defranco's Built Like A Badass.

When doing gripper negatives should you attempt to hold the gripper closed or simply allow the yielding?
    I have not used thick bar much. I think a normal bar only works the wrist and flexors in the forearm so if you make it so your hand is more open during the movement your extensors become involved.
    With negatives you hold the gripper as far shut as possible, and with BFN's(bounce forced negatives) you try to get it alittle farther, for as long as possible. Allow but fight the yielding, the way I think is that after the handles push to outside parallel the negative "rep" is over.

www.dieselcrew.com
    www.gripboard.com

ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

For me, thick bar wrist curls are easier.

Question anybody try this Twist 'yo Wrist thing?

Has anybody tried this thing from Ironmind?

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/iro...sp?number=1369

They've got as many gadgets as you can't afford to buy, so ...

Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Has anybody tried this thing from Ironmind?

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/iro...sp?number=1369

They've got as many gadgets as you can't afford to buy, so ...
    Never tried one but I agree about their gadgets. Every time I get a new catalogue I see soooooo many things I want to buy!!
    www.ausdisciples.com

* My posts prior to Nov 2008 do not reflect my new-found faith in Christ. I became Christian in Nov 2008.

finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used one of those in Physical therapy and it burned! I had to twist it up then down slowley like 10 times both ways! It was awesome. I can open any stuck jar.

Originally Posted by finfan View Post
    I used one of those in Physical therapy and it burned! I had to twist it up then down slowley like 10 times both ways! It was awesome. I can open any stuck jar.
    And what were you in Physical Therapy for?

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Wink You go girl!!

Originally Posted by Titania View Post
    John, you know how to make me smile
    Smile yourself right into the history books, honey. With what you're accomplishing in terms of grip right now... you make most of us look like we're going in slow motion!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

CoC #2.5 gripper close

Titania: what does your hand measure from base of palm to fingertip?

Impressive on the 2.5 close. What do you think has helped your crushing strength the most?

And what were you in Physical Therapy for?
    Well that time was for my thumb, But the other ....never mind

Originally Posted by John Hicks View Post
    Smile yourself right into the history books, honey. With what you're accomplishing in terms of grip right now... you make most of us look like we're going in slow motion!
    LOL Thanks again John.
    I fully intend to get my name in the books with at least one grip feat
    Titania: what does your hand measure from base of palm to fingertip?

Impressive on the 2.5 close. What do you think has helped your crushing strength the most?
    Thanks too ET
    I have no idea of my hand measurement. I'll check next time I do some measurements.
    I think the thing that has initially helped my grip is heavy deadlifts and rack deadlifts without straps. Since then, perseverance on grippers, RT, can crushes, apple crushes, pinch lifts and other things has made an impact....and, of course, those here in the know who have given their wonderful advice. I don't want to list names because I don't want to leave anyone out!!
    Last edited by Titania; 06-07-2007 at 05:54 AM.
    www.ausdisciples.com

apple crushes

LOL Thanks again John.
    I fully intend to get my name in the books with at least one grip feat

Thanks too ET
    I have no idea of my hand measurement. I'll check next time I do some measurements.
    I think the thing that has initially helped my grip is heavy deadlifts and rack deadlifts without straps. Since then, perseverance on grippers, RT, can crushes, apple crushes, pinch lifts and other things has made an impact....and, of course, those here in the know who have given their wonderful advice. I don't want to list names because I don't want to leave anyone out!!
    Christ, make a vid of an apple crush. I'm sure quite a few here will get a kick out of it.

Christ, make a vid of an apple crush. I'm sure quite a few here will get a kick out of it.
    I already have. Actually, I have done three separate apple crush clips and two of them are on my Youtube page.
    The full res versions of all of them are on my website along with a ton of others. There's my first one crushing a Granny Smith in one hand, and two done more recently, one crushing two red apples at once in each hand and the other doing the same with two Granny Smiths
    www.ausdisciples.com

Talking

I already have. Actually, I have done three separate apple crush clips and two of them are on my Youtube page.
    The full res versions of all of them are on my website along with a ton of others. There's my first one crushing a Granny Smith in one hand, and two done more recently, one crushing two red apples at once in each hand and the other doing the same with two Granny Smiths
    Superwoman!

lol

Superwoman!

lol
    LOL
    SuperPuss actually
    www.ausdisciples.com

LOL
    SuperPuss actually
    The better to grip with? of course, and for destroying fruits with, of necessity.

As they say in Hollywood: Knock yourself out, baby.

lol

Properly setting a gripper presented by John Eaton:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SwLN...e=user&search=

www.dieselcrew.com
    www.gripboard.com

Gripper comparisons

Here's a listing of gripper comparisons pulled off a post over on gripboard or grippermania:

CoC = Captains of Crush
    PDA = Piedmont Design Associates
    BB = Beef Builder
    HG = Heavy Gripper
    RB = Robert Baraban

IronMind Guide 60 lbs

Robert Baraban 70

IronMind Sport 80 lbs

HeavyGripper 100

.225 Beef Builder Beginner 100 lbs

.225 CoC Trainer 100 lbs

HG 150

RB 130 Narrow

RB 100

RB 160 Narrow

RB 130

RB 180 Narrow

.235 BB Advanced 140 lbs

.235 CoC #1 140 lbs post 2004 model

HG 200

.241 CoC #1 153 lbs 2004 model

PDA 243

.250 BB Super Advanced 173 lbs

GripperMania 1

RB 210 Narrow

HG 250

RB 160

.260 BB Master 195 lbs

.260 CoC #2 195 lbs

RB 180

RB 240 Narrow

PDA 262

RB 260 Narrrow

HG 300

.275 BB Super Master 255 lbs

HG 350

GM 2

RB 210

HG 400

.281 BB Grand Master 280 lbs

.281 CoC #3 280 lbs pre 2005 model

.277 RB 240

.283 CoC #3 290 lbs 2005 model

GM3

RB 300 Narrow

.277 RB 260

.295 BB Elite 320 lbs

RB 330 Narrow

. .295 RB 300

. .306 BB Super Elite 345 lbs

.312 BB Grand Elite 365 lbs

RB330

.312 CoC #4 365 lbs

.353 HG 500

Here's a listing of gripper...
    Ah, the good ole gripper rankings list The decimals are the size of the spring in inches.

www.dieselcrew.com
    www.gripboard.com

Rock You Like a Hurricane ryuten's Avatar
    ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000)

stress balls

do any of you guys use stress balls for active recovery? where can i get one of those and what kind should i get? i've been to big 5's - a local sporting good store and they sell a couple of them which include ones made of sand and squishy ones with air in them. i'll try to find some rubber ones cuz that's what gripfaqs recommends

Originally Posted by ryuten View Post
    do any of you guys use stress balls for active recovery? where can i get one of those and what kind should i get? i've been to big 5's - a local sporting good store and they sell a couple of them which include ones made of sand and squishy ones with air in them. i'll try to find some rubber ones cuz that's what gripfaqs recommends
    I did at first, they worked pretty good. Well I know Ironmind sells them and I'm sure you could get a useful one from a sporting goods store.

www.dieselcrew.com
    www.gripboard.com

ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    few ideas for active recovery

powerballs www.powerballs.com

extensor work

light stretches of extensors/flexors

nice one on that gripper shutting video, that helped me learn to set a gripper from the bottom instead!

Originally Posted by ukstrongman View Post
    nice one on that gripper shutting video, that helped me learn to set a gripper from the bottom instead!
    Yeah, I used to set from the top everytime but I figured out how to set it from the bottom just from watching other people do it alot I still use the top set though because, at least for me, it makes my gripping hand work harder.

www.dieselcrew.com
    www.gripboard.com

kensterz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kensterz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kensterz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kensterz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kensterz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kensterz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kensterz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kensterz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kensterz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kensterz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kensterz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I used to only use COCs but now I'm looking forward to using all this other equipment too.