mitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What are your opinions on this 6 day/week program for overall size and strength?

Hey, this is the program I'm thinking about starting

Monday: (Workout 1) chest, back, biceps and calves
    Tuesday: (Workout 2) quads, hamstrings, shoulders, triceps
    Wednesday: Workout 1
    Thursday: Workout 2
    Friday: Workout 1
    Saturday: Workout 2

I'll be alternating exercises, while sticking to the major exercises for each muscle group like squats, deads, dips, etc. For each exercise I'll be doing five sets total, but only going to complete failure on the last set (I define complete failure as not being able to complete another rep). What do you guys think of this workout program? I'd really like to hear some educated opinions on this, thanks.

jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That is definitely overtraining. You're doing 5 sets per exercises and you're going to work each muscle 3 times a week? And working out 6 total days in a row is though on your CNS. And you're basically not giving your shoulders and triceps any time to rest. You're working shoulders and triceps a day after or before chest so you're basically working your shoulders and triceps every single day. And don't make the mistake of thinking more is better. Working each muscle once a week should be enough. Intensity is the key. Muscle grow during rest, not in the gym. Read the stickies...
    Last edited by jino; 05-26-2004 at 02:50 PM.

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    it would be too much if you only did it 4 days a week

KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Like jino said, not a very good split and too many times a week. Each body part 1 or 2 times a week depending on what works best for you.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i didn't even look at it- 6x/week is too much.