Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it possible to widen your rib-cage?

Originally posted by Voluminous Form
    Fact is the rib cage can expand. Ask any pregnant woman. Or any doctor. Enuff said end of story.
    By stretching of the cartilage. And it's not permanent. End of story.

RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it possible to widen your rib-cage?

Arnold says so and so does Bill Pearl. Two outstanding bodybuilders. Thats enough proof for now.
    I wouldn't belive everything arnold says. His book is filled with alot of b.s. information that was thought to be true 20 years ago, but has now been proven wrong by science.

majortom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it possible to widen your rib-cage?

last time i checked, ah nold wasnt a doctor. and last time i checked, you couldnt grow your ribs or any other bone significantly "naturally". of course, a bone is able to get thicker through wear and tear and there is a procedure where short people stretch their legs, where the legs are surgically broken and separated slowly, and the bone is allowed to grow in between the gaps. of course, you cant do this with ribs. and some people are really just born with bigger bones.

body builder's ribs generally look bigger because they have bigger muscles, especially the lats. if you look at them carefully, their huge lats make it look like their ribs are bigger than they really are. but their (and your) ribs are all basically the same size.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Doctors use pullovers to successfully treat mild cases of Pectus Excavatum (sunken chest). http://www.planetmuscle.com/articles/6_2/labrada.html
    i think you're referring to cases of CHILDREN who are still growing

FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've heard that dips tear cartilidge in the ribcage, thus causing it to expand. Same with dumbell pullovers. I'm going to try and find an article on it, if there are any.
    ()))))----------()))))
    6' 3"
    202 lbs. (10-15% BF) (June 14th)
    Goal: 210 lbs by the end of summer.

"Do you kids want to be like the real UN, or do you want to just squabble and waste time!?" -Principal Skinner ;)

BillLogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Rocky_Maivia
    No.
    Originally posted by MiloMan
    No.
    Originally posted by hyp3r3xt3nsion
    No.
    yes....... wait.... i mean no.

Registered User Voluminous Form's Avatar
    Voluminous Form has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    where is the info that shows the rib cage cant expand?
    show some proof.

BillLogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    think of it like this......

the only muscles under your rib cage are your heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, intestines, etc.... and you dont want them bigger. There is muscle outside of the Rib-Cage that can become bigger, making it appear your rib cage is bigger.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by FiveOneNine
    I've heard that dips tear cartilidge in the ribcage, thus causing it to expand. Same with dumbell pullovers. I'm going to try and find an article on it, if there are any.
    i don't know about tearing cartillege, but that's how i injured my sternum cartillege (going too low on dips w/ a preivous injury)

champs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it's only been proven to expand the ribcages of young growing children, results on adults are untest but suspected to not work due to the fact that the ribcage sets into bone in the 20's

Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    where is the info that shows the rib cage cant expand?
    show some proof.
    Buddy, the ribcage can expand. It expands every time you inhale. It does not expand permanently.

Chemically Imbalanced Wanker527's Avatar
    Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by champs
    it's only been proven to expand the ribcages of young growing children, results on adults are untest but suspected to not work due to the fact that the ribcage sets into bone in the 20's
    exactly
    "Oderint dum metuant." -Lucius Accius

Red-_-Head has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Red-_-Head has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Red-_-Head has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Red-_-Head has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Red-_-Head has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Red-_-Head has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Red-_-Head has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Red-_-Head has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Red-_-Head has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Red-_-Head has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Red-_-Head has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Yes!

I'm 18 nearly 19 and have been doing those pullovers for a about 5 months now maybe once a week and already i can see and feel my ribs coming out more i also do lat pulldowns which may create the appearance of bigger ribs but i'm pretty sure the bottom half of my ribs have 'popped' out due to these pullovers, my russian m8 does em too and he's sure of them. Possibly age has something to do with it also since i'm still a 'teen'...but it's only logical to think that as your muscle grows surely the bone grows aswell to accommodate the new muscle even if it's just ever so slightly.

iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Dragon111 View Post
    I'm 19, and want to know if doing lots of pull-overs will widen my chest ? Some say it's pointless, so is it worth it?
    Rib cage

Chest

Correlation of growth between chest and ribcage in lifting = 0

Last time someone expanded bone structure beyond natural limit with lifting - never
    squeeze your glutes and press

LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Dragon111 View Post
    I'm 19, and want to know if doing lots of pull-overs will widen my chest ? Some say it's pointless, so is it worth it?
    HGH
    My routine:

Mon - Biceps
    Tues - Triceps
    Wed - Biceps
    Thurs - Triceps
    Fri - Biceps
    Sat - Triceps
    Sun - Rest

You can't see back and legs, don't waste your time with that nonsense!

Registered User Voluminous Form's Avatar
    Voluminous Form has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by Red-_-Head View Post
    I'm 18 nearly 19 and have been doing those pullovers for a about 5 months now maybe once a week and already i can see and feel my ribs coming out more i also do lat pulldowns which may create the appearance of bigger ribs but i'm pretty sure the bottom half of my ribs have 'popped' out due to these pullovers, my russian m8 does em too and he's sure of them. Possibly age has something to do with it also since i'm still a 'teen'...but it's only logical to think that as your muscle grows surely the bone grows aswell to accommodate the new muscle even if it's just ever so slightly.
    Well looky there.... a testimonial case with 2 people!
    You see Arnold, Lee Labrada, "pregnant women" , Bill Pearl and doctors are right...get to doing those Pullovers you naysayers and you will see results....

dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This thread makes me think of 20 Rep Squat Routine...
    my journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1201781

rich7171 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rich7171 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rich7171 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rich7171 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rich7171 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rich7171 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rich7171 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rich7171 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rich7171 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rich7171 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rich7171 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Possible

I don't really have any proof on this one but here is my take. I have been doing pullovers for a while now. For slightly over one year. I have noticed that during my progression. My rib cage at the outer edges becomes sore at times and this makes me feel as if my rib cage is expanding. I think this is a plausable conclusion. I have not measured my rib cage so I cannot be sure of my suspicions.

SmoothyKing is just really nice. (+1000) SmoothyKing is just really nice. (+1000) SmoothyKing is just really nice. (+1000) SmoothyKing is just really nice. (+1000) SmoothyKing is just really nice. (+1000) SmoothyKing is just really nice. (+1000) SmoothyKing is just really nice. (+1000) SmoothyKing is just really nice. (+1000) SmoothyKing is just really nice. (+1000) SmoothyKing is just really nice. (+1000) SmoothyKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by iLiRaM View Post

Correlation of growth between chest and ribcage in lifting = 0
    You my friend...you have never actually lifted weights have you?
    Firstly, let me say if you want a big chest, you'll need room on your torso for your chest to grow! Pullovers def. 100% undoubtedly WORK for me. larger rib cage means more room for pecs to widen.