renee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help me out please

Hello,

Im renee, and this is my first time posting here. I would like some help on a diet and workout routine. Im 5'8, 182 pounds.
    I was 191 pounds but i lost 9 pounds on a loosely based weight watchers diet. I would like for you all to give me some sample diets and workout routine. I am familiar with working out with weights, and i currently do spin classes, and some cardio boxing type thing for exercises. Im also interested in building up my glutes. Im open to any sugestions you all may have. thanks in advance. Ps..I dont eat cottage cheese. LOL

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Help me out please

Welcome to bb.com

Can you give us your present diet and workout plan? Also, do you know your body fat percentage?

I have no idea what my body fat % is. I know its gotta be high. Right now for cardio I do about an hr of boxing type cardio. We do rounds of everything like heavy bag, speed bag, jump rope, focus pads. And run on treadmill for like 10 minutes. On other days I do an hr of spin class. So, im doing cardio about 3 times a week. As for weights, I JUST started doing them again. I have not been doing weights as religiously as the cardio. today i did my legs..I did smith squats..3x12....lg press..3x12...leg curl..3x12. I didnt do calves as Im sore on one of my ankles.
    As for diet..well..not great. I usually eat about a cup and a hlf of oatmeal in the morning...sometimes with oj,..sometimes with a soda. I eat out a lot for lunch because of work. I usually try to grab a deli sandwich, or sometimes spanish food..rice with pork..which i have a passion for. LOL I love italian food too..so i really have to watch myself with the pasta. Sometims for dinner i have those weight watchers "smart ones" dinners. Yes...I need help.

Gee thanks for all the help.

Alicat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maybe you should read some of the past topics to get an idea of what you should be eating, make some changes, then post a one day example of what your diet is like. We get so many people show up here asking the same questions, over and over again, without bothering to read through older posts that will easily answer their questions.

Basically: - don't skip meals, eat five or six small meals a day, steer clear of refined (white) junk and sugar, instead using wholewheat alternatives. Keep saturated fat low, but make sure you get good fats (nut oils, vegetable oils, fish oils) as fat is necessary to lose weight.

You might want to lose the attitude too - Ms.Fit is extremely busy and there's no need to get so stressy when she doesn't get back to you instantly.
    Alicat
    http://www.stronger.me.uk

The only thing you really know about me is...
    ...that's all you'll ever know.

bscrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    alicat is right about everything renee. i think you will find a more pro-active attitude brings you toward your goals more effectively.

sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Alicat
    Maybe you should read some of the past topics to get an idea of what you should be eating, make some changes, then post a one day example of what your diet is like. We get so many people show up here asking the same questions, over and over again, without bothering to read through older posts that will easily answer their questions.

Basically: - don't skip meals, eat five or six small meals a day, steer clear of refined (white) junk and sugar, instead using wholewheat alternatives. Keep saturated fat low, but make sure you get good fats (nut oils, vegetable oils, fish oils) as fat is necessary to lose weight.

You might want to lose the attitude too - Ms.Fit is extremely busy and there's no need to get so stressy when she doesn't get back to you instantly.
    Agreed. Not to sound terribly preachy, but most of us on these forums had to figure out our own diet and weight/exercise routines ourselves...simply because it's hard for one human being to give another detailed "proper" nutrition/exercise advice over the internet. We don't really know what you look like, what your history is like, and what your health is like. We can't accompany you to the gym to make sure you're lifting properly, and we can't follow you into your kitchen to make sure you're choosing chicken over candybars.

Only YOU can do that for yourself. Which is why you need to take it into your hands to educate yourself as much as possible.

I also came from a background knowing NOTHING about proper nutrition or fitness and I started out simply by researching, researching, researching. The internet is a wealth of information. I've learned A LOT over the past 2 years, and I'm continually learning. With this, you'll always be continually learning. There WILL BE a lot of trial and error.

Don't get snippity when someone doesn't answer your thread, because we get asked these sorts of questions constantly on these boards. It's hard to answer every single person with a detailed and indepth exercise/nutrition regimen. i After all...if you were to walk into a gym and demand that somebody help you with an exercise regimen and diet, a personal trainer would charge you upwards of $50 an hour.

Do some research, read up, and educate yourself. You won't regret it.

First..Msfit is not the only person who could reply. I was looking for some suggestions from ANYONE on here. And..I hear what you all are saying about attitude...BUT..is'nt it funny that my "snippy" reply is what got you all to finally answer me? I dont WANT to be that way..but gee..THAT certainly got more of a response than me asking nicely. Go figure? Anyhoo..thanks..and I will check the archives for additional info.

Alicat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Calm down girl - I for one didn't notice your original post as I'm snowed under with ****ty accounting studies.
    Alicat
    http://www.stronger.me.uk

The only thing you really know about me is...
    ...that's all you'll ever know.

The Little Water Bear Thunder_Bunny's Avatar
    Thunder_Bunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Renee,

I understand where you're coming from. There is so much information that your head is spinning a hundred miles a minute. There are so many different people saying different things about nutrition and fitness that it's really frustrating to seperate fads from facts.

As far as cardio goes I think you're off to a good start. I've been taking boxing lessons and that REALLY works up a sweat. I would start concentrating more on lifting because the more muscle you have the more calories you will burn. This might mean adding weight since muscle weighs heavier than fat but don't let that worry you. Don't judge your success by the scale but by inches lost and your overall appearance.

As far as your diet...well, that needs work. My advice is to start off slowly. Make little changes here and there. Start eating whole wheat bread instead of white bread and start drinking water instead of soda or juice. Try eating smaller meals more often.

Don't try to deprive yourself of food so much as try to eat differently. This will probably be more helpful than going cold turkey.

Below is the Bodybuilder's Ultimate Grocery list which is from another forum I use. Also another link that might be helpful.
    http://www.stumptuous.com/dieting101.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PROTEINS

Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
    Tuna (water packed)
    Fish (salmon, seabass, halibut)
    Shrimp
    Extra Lean Ground Beef or Ground Round (92-96%)
    Venison
    Buffalo
    Ostrich
    Protein Powder
    Egg Whites or Eggs
    Ribeye Steaks or Roast
    Top Round Steaks or Roast (aka Stew Meat, London Broil, Stir Fry)
    Top Sirloin (aka Sirloin Top Butt)
    Beef Tenderloin (aka Filet, Filet Mignon)
    Top Loin (NY Strip Steak)
    Flank Steak (Sir Fry, Fajita)
    Eye of Round (Cube Meat, Stew Meat, Bottom Round , 96% LeandGround Round)
    Ground turkey, Turkey Breast Slices or cutlets (fresh meat, not deli cuts), ground chicken

COMPLEX CARBS

Oatmeal (Old Fashioned or Quick Oats)
    Sweet Potatoes
    Yams
    Beans (pinto, black, kidney)
    Oat Bran Cereal
    Rye Cereal
    Brown Rice
    Farina (Cream of Wheat)
    Multigrain Hot Cereal
    Whole wheat or Spinach Pasta
    Rice (white, jasmine, basmati, Arborio, wild)
    Potatoes (red, baking, new)

FIBROUS CARBS

Green Leafy Lettuce (Green Leaf, Red, Leaf, Romaine)
    Broccoli
    Asparagus
    String Beans
    Spinach
    Bell Peppers
    Brussels Sprouts
    Cauliflower
    Cabbage
    Celery
    Cucumber
    Eggplant
    Green or Red Pepper
    Onions
    Pumpkin
    Garlic
    Tomatoes
    Zucchini

FRUIT

(if acceptable on diet): bananas, apples, grapefruit, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, lemons or limes

HEALTHY FATS

Natural Style Peanut Butter
    Olive Oil or Safflower Oil
    Nuts (peanuts, almonds
    Flaxseed Oil

DAIRY AND EGGS

Low-fat cottage cheese
    Eggs
    Low or Non-Fat Milk
    Bottled Water

CONDIMENTS & SPICES

Crystal Light
    Fat Free Mayonnaise
    Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
    Reduced Sodium Teriyaki Sauce
    Balsamic Vinegar
    Salsa
    Hot Peppers and Hot Sauce
    Chili powder
    Mrs. Dash
    Steak Sauce
    Sugar Free Maple Syrup
    Chili Paste
    Mustard
    Extracts (vanilla, almond, etc )
    Low Sodium beef or chicken broth
    Plain or reduced sodium tomatoes sauce, puree, paste)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Thunder_Bunny; 05-30-2004 at 04:15 PM.
    "Little girls, like butterflies, don't need an excuse."