FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Neural Factors of Fatigue and How to Manage Them

http://www.avantlabs.com/page.php?pageID=238&issueID=19

Shabang! That should be a nice blow to some of you HIT guru's.. I've been waiting for him to put this article out for about 8 months now!

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    GREAT read. It definitely sheds light on training to failure. I was kind of hoping for his program though.

I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good read

Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Actually, FI, it clearly says that HIT is not that bad...

Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am so glad I am not a HIT guru at the momment.
    God is bigger than you
    Christianity isn't just a belief, it is a lifestyle.
    "Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did"- 1 John 2:6

Shutup and lift...bitches Wheelies's Avatar
    Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Awesome article. Makes alot of sense and actually covers some things Ive been wondering about my own training. I especially liked this part:

Neural drive and fatigue is also directly linked to the individual’s state of arousal. It’s thought that this is because many of the structures that are responsible for motor output are the same structures that are responsible for emotion and arousal in humans, such as the basal ganglia and the reticular activating system (28). Having to get “psyched up” for a lift week after week can contribute to the neurological fatigue due to that fact. Many former Eastern bloc countries implanted this knowledge when designing their routines, having athletes avoid emotionally-taxing lifts as much as possible. They make a distinction between the “training max” and the “competition max,” with the former requiring little if any mental preparation. The arousal factor will prove to be the most telling in terms of how severely taxed the CNS is at any time, as focus and motivation can be easily determined by most people (not to mention manipulated by various supplements and well, “other” substances).

Basically what I got from the article as a whole is that,

1)training to failure can have benefits, but they arent as big of a deal as some would make it seem.

2)You can train to failure, just not all the time, and you should cycle intensity levels so that you dont inflict neurological fatigue on yourself.
    "Man up"

Let It Be Known!!!!!!!!!! Beansent's Avatar
    Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i stay away from training to failure entirely. i dont wanna risk damaging my CNS even if the risk is minute. training to failure is not that big of a deal to me.

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Beansent
    i stay away from training to failure entirely. i dont wanna risk damaging my CNS even if the risk is minute. training to failure is not that big of a deal to me.
    You should be more concerned about injury from failure then you should be from your CNS getting burned out, but I agree that I don't plan to go to failure anytime soon.

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Wheelies
    [B]Awesome article. Makes alot of sense and actually covers some things Ive been wondering about my own training. I especially liked this part:

Basically what I got from the article as a whole is that,

1)training to failure can have benefits, but they arent as big of a deal as some would make it seem.

2)You can train to failure, just not all the time, and you should cycle intensity levels so that you dont inflict neurological fatigue on yourself.
    Bingo

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wheelies finally realized that training to failure is not the superior method, lol. J/k bro

Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Rexer
    Wheelies finally realized that training to failure is not the superior method, lol. J/k bro
    Where did that come from?
    "Man up"

From a year ago when I adbised some guy not to go to failure and you jumped on me saying that there is no evidence that not going to failure is superior to going to failure. Now you see why.

From a year ago when I adbised some guy not to go to failure and you jumped on me saying that there is no evidence that not going to failure is superior to going to failure. Now you see why.
    But still, I dont see any physiological reason not to, even in the article it says that a guy that struggles to get his last rep vs. a guy that just racks it with ease is going to see better reslutls in the long run, just not a big difference.

I was more intrigued from the mental standpoint of the article which I agree with. And I thinkI remeber that thread, and my point was that the one guy had been deadlifting the same amount of time as me and he wasnt going to failure, while I was and my weight was a considerable amount more than him...and I think he weighed more than me.

But yes, I am trying to be less dogmatic with my training as of late.
    "Man up"

Well, it depends whether you will nto go to failure at all, use it to your advantage or go to failure all the time.
    Hm, I think I remember something with a deadlift. It is very relative to what extent one would progress, the question is how one would progress better. Nop need to argue anymore though

Well, it depends whether you will nto go to failure at all, use it to your advantage or go to failure all the time.
    Hm, I think I remember something with a deadlift. It is very relative to what extent one would progress, the question is how one would progress better. Nop need to argue anymore though
    K..
    "Man up"

PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The basic point about failure vs. non-failure that I was trying to make was to establish that, yes, there is a slightly greater training effect by pushing it to the limit, but that greater effect is off-set by the greater need for recovery.

Bear in mind that this isn't an on/off switch though. It's incremental-- doing 1-2 sets to the limit during the week is a big difference from doing 10.

The gist of the article is that you have to balance it, because there are benefits and drawbacks to both approaches.

Originally posted by PowerManDL
    The basic point about failure vs. non-failure that I was trying to make was to establish that, yes, there is a slightly greater training effect by pushing it to the limit, but that greater effect is off-set by the greater need for recovery.

Bear in mind that this isn't an on/off switch though. It's incremental-- doing 1-2 sets to the limit during the week is a big difference from doing 10.

The gist of the article is that you have to balance it, because there are benefits and drawbacks to both approaches.
    Cool bro. You need to post here more.