Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 40 yd.

WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kevn594 View Post
    so if you run a 4.32 or 4.35 and tellani beat you by that much, what does he run a 4.1???

this arguement is going in circles
    nah kev he runs a 4.2 now his coached timed him... telani runs 3.9 range

Fellow New Orleanian! neworleans's Avatar
    neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kevn594 View Post
    god please dont start this again. i really do not want to hear how fast any1 is anymore.

NO1 HERE RUNS A LEGIT SUB 4.5 OR MAYBE EVER SUB 4.6. you running a 4.4 means you run a 4.7 laser probably. not trying to be a dick but im being realistic.

if you guys think you are really fast, go join track and win state and ill listen to you. MAYBE the kids who win the 100m state champs run 4.4s MAAAYBE depending on the state haha
    real talk, i agree, i don't think anyone here is that fast to run a low 4.5. a friend of mine placed either 2nd or 3rd in state in the 100m dash and he flies, fastest person in my school. but i doubt he runs a 4.4. maybe high 4.5 or low 4.6

and to OP, who cares how fast you can run if you do not have proof to back up your words?
    ATL Falcons
    Milwaukee Brewers
    LeGoat

chlorox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chlorox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chlorox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chlorox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chlorox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chlorox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chlorox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chlorox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by WRbigbody View Post
    ok... I was trying to be polite with you, but first off how the hell am I supposed to know who set your state record and what state you live in... if you run a ****en 4.2 then you should be beating everyone off the jump first of all which would mean you have bad endurance when you would be covering the first 1/3 of the race faster than anyone else.... secondly your weak as fuucck and I hate to be like that to people but you are a jackass and ignorant and you have yet to give us a video of your world class speed....
    I didnt suspect you knew the state record. but i doubt your state.. or few other states for that matter have a record time that low. and yea i was beating everyone but telani off the jump, and by the time you finish the race your at top speed.. meaning nothing but a foot or two difference in mine and telanis finish.

"you have yet to give us a video of your world class speed.... " for like the 10th time it is hard for me to get a video without a camera. I said i would get a video.. and thanks for the compliment for world class speed. i never said that.

you obviously know nothing about running because "means you have bad endurance when you would be covering the first 1/3 of the race faster than anyone else.." is the most stupid comment i think i've ever heard.

and on top of that .. u weigh 220 pounds.. who are you to judge running in any way. god you couldnt even run the 100 in under 13 with a 10.8 second head start.

and im weak as fuucck? For the record... pound for pound i make you look like the fat tub of lard that you are. its guys like me that make you not wanna take your shirt off in pick up football games for sake of looking stupid. id embarrass the hell out of you in any sport.. and in front of any mirror.

"I hate to be like that to people"
    lol..
    Last edited by chlorox; 05-16-2007 at 05:35 PM.

RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by chlorox View Post
    dude.. telani set the state record at 10.4 . jackass. qualifing time is 11.3 .. u have no clue what your talking about.
    Well you talked about Matt Moore and Ryan McManus so I looked up Conley highschool. I guess they both went to DH Conley Highschool located in North Carolina. So, I looked it up. Telani does not even exist in the NC record books. Who actually ran a 10.4 flat 100m was Jerek Hewett in 2005. Therefore, Telani does not hold any record at all.

http://ncpreptrack.net/records.html

Now if you're running a 4.2 and Telani has a faster 100m then you, there's something wrong here very very wrong. It's not even endurance. 100m is not very far. An athlete who runs a 4.2 should be conditioned enough to run at his/her top speed for a long time. If you're running a 4.2, that means Telani should be running blazing 40s. Not possible. Fact is, you're not running 4.2 and Matt Moore did not run 4.19. You're full of it.

Also, just to bring it up a SECOND time the fastest 40 yard time by any tested football highschool player in North America, is 4.29. That's from scout.com. Only one guy but you're going to tell me Matt Moore ran a 4.19 and you're running 4.25. Okay. If you were running that fast, you would show up on scout.com no matter how crap you are. Scouts would be all over you. 4.25 is no joke. That's what world class sprinters are made up of.
    Last edited by RaferAlston26; 05-16-2007 at 05:39 PM.

RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would like to also state this. If you run 4.25-4.3 and Telani had a 10.4 and you had a 10.8 that means technically Telani must be running 4.1. Wow. Uhm, Justin Gatlin has a 4.0 40 or maybe just under that like a 3.98. Michael Johnson who was on steriods ran a flat 4 and justin Gatlin is faster then him. You're going to tell me Telani, who doesn't even actually hold a record has a faster 40 then you yet isn't a phenom? Just to let you know, if TELANI runs faster then you, then his 100m should not be 10.4 infact it should be lower. With a 40 dash of 4.1.. wow.. 10.4 seems a little slow.

chlorox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chlorox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chlorox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chlorox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chlorox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chlorox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chlorox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chlorox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by RaferAlston26 View Post
    Well you talked about Matt Moore and Ryan McManus so I looked up Conley highschool. I guess they both went to DH Conley Highschool located in North Carolina. So, I looked it up. Telani does not even exist in the NC record books. Who actually ran a 10.4 flat 100m was Jerek Hewett in 2005. Therefore, Telani does not hold any record at all.

http://ncpreptrack.net/records.html

Now if you're running a 4.2 and Telani has a faster 100m then you, there's something wrong here very very wrong. It's not even endurance. 100m is not very far. An athlete who runs a 4.2 should be conditioned enough to run at his/her top speed for a long time. If you're running a 4.2, that means Telani should be running blazing 40s. Not possible. Fact is, you're not running 4.2 and Matt Moore did not run 4.19. You're full of it.

Also, just to bring it up a SECOND time the fastest 40 yard time by any tested football highschool player in North America, is 4.29. That's from scout.com. Only one guy but you're going to tell me Matt Moore ran a 4.19 and you're running 4.25. Okay. If you were running that fast, you would show up on scout.com no matter how crap you are. Scouts would be all over you. 4.25 is no joke. That's what world class sprinters are made up of.
    you dont know anything about running either. 40 is quickness and take off. 100 is top end speed. if my 40 time is lower than telanis, and his top end speed is greater, which was the case... he would beat me in the 100m. i could be a slow 40 runner but have excellent top end speed and beat everyone.

Whatever page u got that from isnt correct, or wasnt the same competition as the other. telanis name is not telani. he's from africa and they call him telani because his name is funky. he set the state record in 100 meter run. thats a fact. whether or not that website says that or not.. he holds the state record. Im not full of anything. Im telling you whats fact. Whether or not u try and prove me wrong thats your business. you wont prove me wrong

Originally Posted by RaferAlston26 View Post
    I would like to also state this. If you run 4.25-4.3 and Telani had a 10.4 and you had a 10.8 that means technically Telani must be running 4.1. Wow. Uhm, Justin Gatlin has a 4.0 40 or maybe just under that like a 3.98. Michael Johnson who was on steriods ran a flat 4 and justin Gatlin is faster then him. You're going to tell me Telani, who doesn't even actually hold a record has a faster 40 then you yet isn't a phenom? Just to let you know, if TELANI runs faster then you, then his 100m should not be 10.4 infact it should be lower. With a 40 dash of 4.1.. wow.. 10.4 seems a little slow.
    Once again you point out the fact that you have no real idea about the techniques of running a 100 meter run. You dont even run full speed at take off. your head and upper body is down for the first 20 yds if you know how to run.
    Last edited by chlorox; 05-16-2007 at 05:53 PM.

Oops back to cutting PowerBuilder08's Avatar
    PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by roid_monkey View Post
    a legit 4.3:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ4faK6n7lE

a Legit 4.5:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAyP6vn8ADA

a "4.25": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTkAZp5o3Vs

a "5.1" 50:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqn79...e=user&search=

a legit 5.8 50:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEWq0...elated&search=

I doubt you are faster than the first 2. The last 3 are there to prove delta doesnt run a 4.2. watch his 40 followed by reggie's. I agree with the guy who said no one onhere runs a sub-4.5. No one on here is faster than the second 40 video up there. sorry to rain on your parade.
    Great post here with great comparisons...very easy to tell that delta's numbers are nowhere near what he says, huge difference in speed. Great job, definitely an interesting look.
    U.S. Army Veteran

B.A. Kinesiology

Powerlifting Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175783781

Fellow New Orleanian! neworleans's Avatar
    neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Once again you point out the fact that you have no real idea about the techniques of running a 100 meter run. You dont even run full speed at take off. your head and upper body is down for the first 20 yds if you know how to run.
    how many yards in a meter?
    ATL Falcons
    Milwaukee Brewers
    LeGoat

Originally Posted by neworleans View Post
    how many yards in a meter?
    virtually the same. 1

PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey Teen Section troll, did you know that with your time you are one of the 20 fastest men in the NFL?
    U.S. Army Veteran

B.A. Kinesiology

There's a fairly large connection between a 40 and a 100m. Justin Gatlin who holds the world record for the 100m, has a 3.98 40. Think about it. It's technique yes, but it's also speed and quickness. 100m is not that far. If you run a very good 40, generally you're running an incredible 100m. Example which I've used 100000000 times is Ted Ginn. Ran a 4.28 around that. He was considered to be 2008 Olympic material. Guys who are running around 4.2s are generally sought after sprinters. Every school wants to snag them for themselves. 4.2 is astounding. It's not just something to brag about. It's incredible. If you're 4.2, you would be getting scholarship offers from across the country for track. On scout.com, the fast 40 runners were mentioned in track.

You keep saying, "You don't know about running." I know plenty. Just because I don't run that fast doesn't mean I don't know anything. Every single run is techinque. 100m is so much technique. You should start like you would start a 40. That's the same concept for every sprint. You should always start the same. You aren't going to start a 100m like something else, when you can accelerate best in a 40. You have no logic behind your thoughts. What you say doesn't add up. You do not run 4.2, Matt Moore does not run 4.19, and Telani holds no records. Bring proof and then we comply.

thebestrbevr28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebestrbevr28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebestrbevr28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebestrbevr28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebestrbevr28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebestrbevr28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebestrbevr28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebestrbevr28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebestrbevr28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebestrbevr28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebestrbevr28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im stlll waitin on this video that the OP promised or sum sort of proof

WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I didnt suspect you knew the state record. but i doubt your state.. or few other states for that matter have a record time that low. and yea i was beating everyone but telani off the jump, and by the time you finish the race your at top speed.. meaning nothing but a foot or two difference in mine and telanis finish.

"you have yet to give us a video of your world class speed.... " for like the 10th time it is hard for me to get a video without a camera. I said i would get a video.. and thanks for the compliment for world class speed. i never said that.

you obviously know nothing about running because "means you have bad endurance when you would be covering the first 1/3 of the race faster than anyone else.." is the most stupid comment i think i've ever heard.

and on top of that .. u weigh 220 pounds.. who are you to judge running in any way. god you couldnt even run the 100 in under 13 with a 10.8 second head start.

and im weak as fuucck? For the record... pound for pound i make you look like the fat tub of lard that you are. its guys like me that make you not wanna take your shirt off in pick up football games for sake of looking stupid. id embarrass the hell out of you in any sport.. and in front of any mirror.

"I hate to be like that to people"
    lol..
    LMAO lets be serious here... first off by no means am I a bodybuilder but and nowhere near the physique I want... but 220lbs and around 16% BF is by no means a tub of lard... secondly I will post a video of myself running and going through a whole combine workout if you would like.... because I dont do bull**** E-stats...and I could only imagine you trying to even attempt to go against me at any sport... but I'm not gonna argue with you... this is for everybody on this board, I will indeed make a video of me going through a whole combine workout minus the vertical jump because we dont have one of those machines at my school but if you would like I could hit a couple 180 dunks on the basketball court in place of that :P nah jk... but I will have a video of me running the 40, reps of 185lbs, and the short shuttle and maybe a few one on ones or something... may take a few days but I will try my best to get it up

Ever notice that everyone who runs fast as hell doesn't have a cam? At least delta mans up...
    U.S. Army Veteran

B.A. Kinesiology

Originally Posted by acbrits08 View Post
    Ever notice that everyone who runs fast as hell doesn't have a cam? At least delta mans up...
    I said it would take a few days... next time I have my partner I will bring my digital camera

I said it would take a few days... next time I have my partner I will bring my digital camera
    Noooo sorry man I wasn't ragging on you, this was mostly on the OP
    U.S. Army Veteran

B.A. Kinesiology

oh ok

whats op?

like i said. i would make you look rediculous in any sport. you'd get layed out in football by a 155 pound guy.. id run my 4.35 and drop my shoulder into your damn chest and watch you and the ball fly like a bird. im pretty sure nobody up here wants to see your stomach jiggle attempting to jump for a basketball goal.

whats op?

like i said. i would make you look rediculous in any sport. you'd get layed out in football by a 155 pound guy.. id run my 4.35 and drop my shoulder into your damn chest and watch you and the ball fly like a bird. im pretty sure nobody up here wants to see your stomach jiggle attempting to jump for a basketball goal.
    this guy is hilarious....

this guy is hilarious....
    Don't get into a pissing match man...just let it go...
    U.S. Army Veteran

B.A. Kinesiology

Considering all his reds, I think what he says is about as accurate as the sky being green.

edit: Read through his past posts. Jesus mary. He's a modern day Isaac Newton.
    Last edited by RaferAlston26; 05-16-2007 at 07:03 PM.

He's been reported and should hopefully be banned soon for his constant flaming of everyone
    U.S. Army Veteran

B.A. Kinesiology

roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you run a 4.35 or 4.25 or whatever you said, you must suck big time ass ( and i mean big time) at football to not be on scout, rival ect. that time alone will get you a full ride to ANY div-1. If it were true:
    a)you wouldn't be a member of this site, you would be on rivals
    b)you would be getting recruited like crazy for football
    c)you would be getting recruited like crazy for track
    and
    d)we would have heard of you

and please don't say you would "embarass me" at any sport.
    Negs current month join date's on sight crew

MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000)
    whats op?

What position do you play and where are you going to play college ball?? Have you made a verbal yet(junior) or did you sign back in February to go somewhere?
    DC-Best legs ever in the Pacific Northwest!!!! GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE