Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My Velocity Thread

Starts Monday 5-14-07 till 6-11-07.

My diet will consist of 5 shakes on my off days, 6 on training days. All shakes will include fish oil pills and milled flax seed. Protein is a custom casein blend from True Protein, 12lbs which is 50% casein, 30 Milk Protein Isolate, and 20% Whey Isolate with added vitamins and minerals. It is a chocolate flavor mixed with Stevia. I will also be using a Multi and Calcium pills. I one meal will be on Saturday afternoon that is 3/4 cup oats with Blueberries. Starting weight and measurements to be taken on Sunday along with pics. Comments always welcome, both constructive and positive.

SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Starts tomorrow, starting weight came in at a lofty 224.5. Doing measurements on Tuesday.

cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok, is this all your ingesting? Protein shakes?

I am assuming your going for around 1500 cals. 190-225 g protein and around 100-150 g carbohydrates. Is this your whole diet plan or are you eating meals between or with the shakes?
    Goal- From 211- 155 (56 lbs) by July

Originally Posted by cardioking View Post
    Ok, is this all your ingesting? Protein shakes?

I am assuming your going for around 1500 cals. 190-225 g protein and around 100-150 g carbohydrates. Is this your whole diet plan or are you eating meals between or with the shakes?
    Velocity diet is a shake diet mixed with Flax and Fish oil, with a pwo recovery drink. For me it is roughly 1900 calories on training days (MWFS) and 1650 on non workout days (TTSat). I also am taking a Multi, Vita C pill too.

cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good Luck on your diet. I start today too.
    I am subsribe to your log.

Keep up the good work!!!
    My journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112815821

Originally Posted by cawiau View Post
    Good Luck on your diet. I start today too.
    I am subsribe to your log.

Keep up the good work!!!
    Appreciate it, I have been keeping up with yours as well, so far so good, but only 2 shakes and 8 fish oils pills in so far.

cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SkinnyDip View Post
    Appreciate it, I have been keeping up with yours as well, so far so good, but only 2 shakes and 8 fish oils pills in so far.
    Me, 2 shakes, 8 fish oils, 2 multivatimin.

Also, craving food....

Edit : They say it is always hard at the beginning
    Last edited by cawiau; 05-14-2007 at 10:48 AM.
    My journal:

Me, 2 shakes, 8 fish oils, 2 multivatimin.

Also, craving food....
    Not hungry, just more of a slight headache, but I assume it is due to the lack of carbs, and the lack of sleep 6 hours (used to 7 or 8).

Not hungry, just more of a slight headache, but I assume it is due to the lack of carbs, and the lack of sleep 6 hours (used to 7 or 8).
    It is not hunger. Actually I am quite full or satisfy.

It just the craving for real food, the need of real food.
    Now all my co-workers are having lunch, and you smell the food they are having.
    God, can't wait for the 28 days to be up
    My journal:

I am the traumatic event. justdragit's Avatar
    justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol, looks like me and Jon started a trend here in the FL section with the v-diet logs. I will subscribe to this thread as well and see how you guys do. Hope you get the awesome results I did!

Good luck to you both.
    Gamecocks/Broncos/Braves

Wherever you go, there you are.

Squatchin' ain't easy.

Originally Posted by justdragit View Post
    lol, looks like me and Jon started a trend here in the FL section with the v-diet logs. I will subscribe to this thread as well and see how you guys do. Hope you get the awesome results I did!

Good luck to you both.

I was leary at first, but I think the results are worth the time. Plus after seeing continous results and a PM from NIICK, I think I will enjoy it. Please do add input and keep up to date with it.

fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000)
    GL man! I hope you see some awesome results.
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this!

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Pain is temporary, failure lasts forever

Tranformation of The Week
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/transm94.htm

So far so good, no noticeable loss in the gym, workout went normal

Did Back and Biceps, 20 minutes cardio, low intensity.

Tomorrow is non workout day and 20 minutes of cardio. Off to bed in about an hour.

Thumbs up

So far so good, no noticeable loss in the gym, workout went normal

Did Back and Biceps, 20 minutes cardio, low intensity.

Tomorrow is non workout day and 20 minutes of cardio. Off to bed in about an hour.
    Hey, you survived the first day!!!
    Congratulations!!!!
    My journal:

Hey, you survived the first day!!!
    Congratulations!!!!

Thanks, I did weigh myself this morning and to my surprise I was 219.5 on the scale. I understand this is water weight, and it is understandable, because to keep myself sane I did have two cheats on Saturday and not a lot of water. But it does feel good to see the numbers go down instead of up.

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Velocity diet is a shake diet mixed with Flax and Fish oil, with a pwo recovery drink. For me it is roughly 1900 calories on training days (MWFS) and 1650 on non workout days (TTSat). I also am taking a Multi, Vita C pill too.
    You need to ingest at least 2-3 litres of plain water each day.

I presume you aware of the deaths on liquid protein diets in the 1970s.
    http://www.google.com.au/search?q=li...ein+diet+death
    Last edited by GregT; 05-15-2007 at 06:08 AM.

Originally Posted by GregT View Post
    You need to ingest at least 2-3 litres of plain water each day.

I presume you aware of the deaths on liquid protein diets in the 1970s.
    http://www.google.com.au/search?q=li...ein+diet+death
    Thanks for the link, yes I took in roughly 1.5 gallons of water, or 6 litres of water yesterday and plan to do the same everyday. Also, I forgot that I did a colon cleanse on Sunday and spent a good portion of the morning in the bathroom, so that might account for some of the loss.

British Bulldog lespaulsarecool's Avatar
    lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    any chance of before and after pics man? When I tried this my weight actually went up for the first three days, so abandonment pursued! I did 45-60 mins cardio in morning swimming around 100 (25) lengths, and then 60 mins weight training in the evening 4-5 days per week for both
    MSc Forensic Mental Health Candidate
    MA Social Work (2008)
    MSc. Forensic Psychology (2006)
    BSc. (Hons) Psychology (2004)

Currently 11.3% Bodyfat 5 point test 31/08/2007

"the key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering" Brandon Lee

www.manutd.com

United is Life, the rest are mere details.

British Bulldog lespaulsarecool's Avatar
    lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10) lespaulsarecool is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I personally found the v diet easier when on a training day, more to do, more distraction etc.

I wish you all the best of luck! Its amazing what jon started followed by justdragit, I wonder why its got so popular now?
    MSc Forensic Mental Health Candidate
    MA Social Work (2008)
    MSc. Forensic Psychology (2006)
    BSc. (Hons) Psychology (2004)

Currently 11.3% Bodyfat 5 point test 31/08/2007

"the key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering" Brandon Lee

www.manutd.com

United is Life, the rest are mere details.

Originally Posted by lespaulsarecool View Post
    any chance of before and after pics man? When I tried this my weight actually went up for the first three days, so abandonment pursued! I did 45-60 mins cardio in morning swimming around 100 (25) lengths, and then 60 mins weight training in the evening 4-5 days per week for both
    Yes, I do have pics that I took on Sunday, and once I get my laptop working again I will upload them. Also, I do agree, though only on my second day, day one was easy, actually it is all easy except lunch time around the office. Food has taken on a new smell.

On to day three, recap for day two, Five shakes and a couple hours of basketball. Weighed in this morning at 218.

LunchBoks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LunchBoks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LunchBoks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LunchBoks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LunchBoks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LunchBoks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been on the same diet for about 2 weeks now and have seen some pretty nice results. So far i have lost around 9 pounds and lost maybe an inch from my stomach. Just keep up what you are doing and you will some impressive results.

Thumbs up

On to day three, recap for day two, Five shakes and a couple hours of basketball. Weighed in this morning at 218.
    Damn bro, you are making me look bad!!!
    Your are just dropping the lbs!!!
    Keep up the great work
    My journal:

jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by justdragit View Post

Good luck to you both.
    we are starting a revolution!! lol

to the op, make sure you take before and after pictures. and good luck with the diet!

Damn bro, you are making me look bad!!!
    Your are just dropping the lbs!!!
    Keep up the great work

I attribute it to water loss and a colon cleanse this weekend. Last week I was 221.5 but I took this weekend off of my diet/accompanied with not a lot of water=224. You and I will both do good, no worries.

Originally Posted by Jon4127
    we are starting a revolution!! lol

to the op, make sure you take before and after pictures. and good luck with the diet!
    I did take pictures, I have them on my camera at home, and mainly use the internet from work. I will post them weekly, and also I going to do measurements tonight. But, I do have a question for you Jon, does it get easier or harder getting accustomed to this diet?

Originally Posted by LunchBoks View Post
    I have been on the same diet for about 2 weeks now and have seen some pretty nice results. So far i have lost around 9 pounds and lost maybe an inch from my stomach. Just keep up what you are doing and you will some impressive results.

Good to hear, what type of protein are you using? Did you eat oats on the weekend, or do the cheat in the orginal program? Are you having a hard time sticking to this diet? Reps for the loss too!

I attribute it to water loss and a colon cleanse this weekend. Last week I was 221.5 but I took this weekend off of my diet/accompanied with not a lot of water=224. You and I will both do good, no worries
    I need to get one of those....God knows my colon need some cleansing!!!

Yep, wish you the best bro!
    My journal:

jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I did take pictures, I have them on my camera at home, and mainly use the internet from work. I will post them weekly, and also I going to do measurements tonight. But, I do have a question for you Jon, does it get easier or harder getting accustomed to this diet?
    another slacker at work, i like it!

i went over my whole progress and journey in my original log. but basically for ME it was easiest the first week with everything fresh and new. second week wasn't too bad but def harder than the first. third week was a blur. fourth week i had already hit my goal weight and just wanted it to be over lol.

you really should never get hungry, i was only hungry a few times. but if you wake up in the middle of the night for some reason you will be starving. i really don't know how to describe it, but after the first few days it is just a feeling of sedated i guess, never hungry and never full.

Originally Posted by jon4127 View Post

i went over my whole progress and journey in my original log. but basically for ME it was easiest the first week with everything fresh and new. second week wasn't too bad but def harder than the first. third week was a blur. fourth week i had already hit my goal weight and just wanted it to be over lol.

you really should never get hungry, i was only hungry a few times. but if you wake up in the middle of the night for some reason you will be starving. i really don't know how to describe it, but after the first few days it is just a feeling of sedated i guess, never hungry and never full.
    I looked at your log, amazing job!!!

If this one workout, I will be doing this one and try it again around the end of september, beginning of October.

Thanks for the insight. My only problem is I am leaving for Vegas tomorow and might be difficult to get my protein drink on the plan, but will try.
    If doesn't work as I plan, I will just add an extra week to my diet when I come back on Sunday.

I know, bad timing
    My journal:

Originally Posted by jon4127 View Post

Yeah, I get a lot of my posts in while here. I was asking because there are a few things I dont like, like taste in my mouth from the Fish/Flax at night. I noticed my last shake of the night, the flax at the end of the shake makes me gag. Did you mix the flax in your shakes or how did you ingest your flax? Also, I am never hungry, actually I wish I could miss a shake. I was just hoping that it got easier with time, instead of harder. But, I havent had a problem, I have mixed it up and do 1 scoop Casein/1 scoop whey in 2 of my workout shake days however, pre workout and lunch shakes.