HELLO. YES, THIS IS DOG. ironstrife's Avatar
    ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

For the love of keto.... in here I get my six-pack!

Summer break has finally started for me! My goal for this summer is to get down to 8-9bf% and see my abs for the first time!

Current Stats
    Age.23 | Sex.M | Height.5'11" | Type.Mesomorph | Weight.155lb | BF%.13-15%

Current Supplements
    Ergopharm Mass Meal | DS Sustain | NOW Adam | Ephedrine | MAN Scorch | NOW ZMA

Current Routine - Low volume & intensity. No failure sets. 3-4 times/week.

Current Diet

ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

5/10/07 Week1 - Day1A

Incline BB Bench: 145x10,8,8
    Shoulder Press: 85x7 75x8
    DB Lateral Raise: 20x8,8,5
    CGBP: 95x11,10,10
    Weighted Sit-up: 25x10,10,8

Taken 2300kcal and measured @ 155lbs.

3 Scorch taken in the morning and 1 Bronkaid pre-workout.

Although I only got 3 hours of sleep due to finals last night, I was super excited to hit the gym after the horrific week. Measured 3lbs less than last week, must bump the rest day calories up. Felt super light doing the widegrip pull-ups though. Really need to buy some shorts, both of them are barely hanging on my waist.

Colon Cleanse

Starting to taking 1-3Tbsp of psyllium husks for colon cleanse. Going to get some activated charcoal and herbal pills end of next week for full cleanse. Considering to buy some kidney/liver detoxing pills as well.

krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skyline1731 View Post
    Starting to taking 1-3Tbsp of psyllium husks for colon cleanse. Going to get some activated charcoal and herbal pills end of next week for full cleanse. Considering to buy some kidney/liver detoxing pills as well.
    r u going off keto for this cleanse?

Originally Posted by krismc View Post
    r u going off keto for this cleanse?
    nope, it will involve addition of fibers, charcoal and herbals on my regular keto diet....

5/11/07 - Rest

Taken in 1900kcal today.

Still catching up on the dearly missed sleep from the finals week. I was gonna go for a quick cardio outside but Chicago weather never prevails. By recommendation from IA @ ironaddicts, I'm starting to listen to audio books to fall asleep. It worked pretty nicely yesterday. I didn't even realize when I actually fell asleep. Currently listening to a book called The Secret.

I shoot people like you.. The Director's Avatar
    The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    looks good, how are the shorter/heavier exercises working for you?

Ps, theres also a movie "the secret" from that same book. I've heard alot about it, havn't seen it yet, heard it changes lives completely.

Low volume workouts are great, they allow me to recover promptly while still stimulating growth. I think everyone should start over with very low volume routine and work their way up to find the optimal volume accordingly with their stress tolerance and recovery level.

I heard of the book few times before I got it. I'm only in chapter 1 (lol, I fell asleep quick!). Seems pretty darn interesting, a bit creepy.

vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The cleanse is a good idea overall. I've done a couple full-body cleanses and the energy was great, so I wonder how much energy you'll feel with keto and such.

Why the charcoal though? As far as I know it's supposed to soak up poisons/toxins in the stomach so that they're not digested by the GI tract, in much the same way chitosan binds fat into "globules" too large to be absorbed.

Originally Posted by vvilliam View Post
    Why the charcoal though? As far as I know it's supposed to soak up poisons/toxins in the stomach so that they're not digested by the GI tract, in much the same way chitosan binds fat into "globules" too large to be absorbed.
    You answered it pretty good yourself.

5/12/07 Week1 - Day2A

Weigh in: 155.5lb (+.5)
    Calorie: 2300kcal

Bent-over Row: 135x10,10,9
    Bar Lat Pulldown: 120x10,10,8
    Preacher Curl: 50+barx9,9,7
    Preacher Hammer Curl: 30x9,9,7
    Squat: 135x10,9,8 - wow girly legs ;p
    Deadlift: 135x9
    Calf Raise: 45x20,25,20
    Wrist Curl: 65x10,10,8

My ATP lifting straps are finally here. I used them for bent row, chin-ups and lat pulldown today. I think it provided pretty good support on the grip and made me feel super light on the chin-ups.

5/13/07 Rest Day

Calorie: ????kcal

Went to friend's son's 1st B-Day party today which took place at a korean buffet. I kept it strictly to eggs, veggies and beef while I was there. I ate a lot though. Going to two B-Day parties tomorrow as well. One at a sushi buffet and another one at a restaurant, kinda forcing me to make tomorrow my carb-up day. Just gotta hit em' muscles hard tomorrow before I go.

5/14/07 Week1 - Day1B CARB-UP

Weigh-in:157lbs (+2.0)
    Supplements: 2 Scorch and 1 Bronkaid pre-workout.

Flat DB Bench: 70x10,9,8
    DB Lateral Raise: 20x8,7
    Plate Front Raise: 35x10,7
    Skullcrusher: 80x8,7,7
    Weighted Sit-up: 25x10,10,10

So today was my carb-up day. Went straight to a sushi buffet after the workout for a bday party. I didn't know too much sushi could put u in pain. lol. We barely finished all the sushi rolls on our table. I must have ate all my carb-up requirement in one sitting. Oh, well good-bye to carbs for another 10days. On another note, I believe taking the 3-4tbsp of psyllium husks is definitely helping my digestion. My bowel movements are more frequent and fecal matters seem more loose, smooth and silky. I'm going to increase the fiber intake and see if it will help more.
    Last edited by skyline1731; 05-15-2007 at 12:23 AM.

gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by skyline1731 View Post
    Weigh-in:157lbs (+2.0)
    Supplements: 2 Scorch and 1 Bronkaid pre-workout.

Flat DB Bench: 70x10,9,8
    Plate Front Raise: 35x10,7
    Skullcrusher: 80x8,7,7

So today was my carb-up day. Went straight to a sushi buffet after the workout for a bday party. I didn't know too much sushi could put u in pain. lol. We barely finished all the sushi rolls on our table. I must have ate all my carb-up requirement in one sitting. Oh, well good-bye to carbs for another 10days. On another note, I believe taking the 3-4tbsp of psyllium husks is definitely helping my digestion. My bowel movements are more frequent and fecal matters seem more loose, smooth and silky. I'm going to increase the fiber intake and see if it will help more.
    arent u supposed to wait like 2 weeks before first carb-up?

Originally Posted by loseweightfast View Post
    arent u supposed to wait like 2 weeks before first carb-up?
    oh it wasn't my first...

5/15/07 Rest Day

Calorie: 1770kcal
    Supplements: 2 Scorch taken in the morning.

What a gloooomy weather in Chicago today. Didn't do the planned cardio today since running in puddle is not my thing. Also gotta fix my messed up sleep schedule. Felt super lazy and unproductive all day... blah..

5/16/07 Week1 - Day2B

Weigh-in: 158lb (+3)
    Calories: 2240kcal
    Supplements: 2 Scorch & 1 Bronkaid pre-workout.

Handle Cable Row: 130x10,9,8
    Handle Lat Pulldown: 115x10,9
    Concentrated DB Curl: 35x8,7,7
    Reverse Curl: 50x10,10
    Squat: 135x10,9,8
    SLDL: 135x10
    Wrist Curl: 65x10,9,7

Thinking about lowering the daily calorie since my weight's been creeping up slowly. Perhaps too crazy of a carb-up last time.

5/17/07 Rest Day

Calories: ????kcal CHEATED!
    Cardio: 20min mid-intensity run.
    Supplements: Begun to load creatine monohydrate (10g).

Sooo, went to a restaurant with some friends. As soon as the menus arrived, I examined the menu for the keto friendly meals and decided on porkchops with 2 eggs. As I placed my order, the waitress asked "would you like toast or pancakes?" With a bit of hesitation I said, "pancakes." I immediately thought to myself oh crap i didn't know the meal came with freakin carblicious sides. So, all our orders came and I decided to ignore the pancake on the table. Well, I ended up eating all of the pancakes soaked in maple syrup. I hate myself.

5/18/07 Week2 - Day1A

Weigh-in:158lbs (+3.0)
    Calorie: 2270kcal
    Supplements: 10g Creatine Mono, 2 Scorch and 1 Bronkaid pre-workout.
    Cardio: 17min of HIIT

Incline BB Bench: 185x5,5,4
    Shoulder Press: 85x10
    CGBP: 115x10 135x8,6

Insomnia has me. Going to overdose on melatonin and never wake up again.

5/20 - 5/24 Out of Town

Visited the parents at Atlanta. I indulged myself in eating and living a 'normal' life while I was there. Just ate without thinking too much into it. Had plenty of carbs and other goodies I haven't had for a while. It was a good break from everything. I'm also going off CKD to go on TKD while lowering the fat intake to 45-55%. I'm feeling for some carbs around the workouts. I'll see how it goes.

5/25/07 Week2 - Day2A

Weigh-in: 158lb (+3.0)
    Calories: 2220kcal
    Supplements: 2 Leviathan & 1 bronkaid pre-workout.

Bent-over Row: 165x6
    Bar Lat Pulldown: 160x6
    Preacher Curl: 60+barx7
    Preacher Hammer Curl: 40x7
    Deadlift: 135x10
    Wrist Curl: 65x8,6

Feeling much better with carbs pre-workout. Mmmmmm.

5/27/07 Week2 - Day1B

Calories: Cheated!
    Weigh-in: 157.5lbs (+2.5)
    Supplements: 1 Scorch & 1 Bronkaid pre-wo.

Flat DB Bench: 80x11
    DB Lateral Raise: 20x9,7
    Plate Front Raise: 35x10
    Skullcrusher: 90x8
    Weighted Sit-up: 25x10,11 35x10,9

Cheated two days in a row...

MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not much you can do about cheating except get back on the horse. The scale(or calipers) will start moving in the right direction again, don't sweat it.

5/29/07 Week2 - Day2B

Calories: 2220kcal
    Weigh-in: 156lbs (+1.0)
    Supplements: 3 Scorch & 1 Bronkaid pre-wo.

Handle Cable Row: 180x7
    Handle Lat Pulldown: 160x8
    Concentrated DB Curl: 45x7 *last rep assisted
    Reverse Curl: 50x10
    Squat: 175x6
    SLDL: 155x8
    Wrist Curl: 75x10,7

Energy was off the hook! I guess yesterday's 15 hour sleep paid off. I wish everyday was like today!

Originally Posted by MCEpidemic View Post
    Not much you can do about cheating except get back on the horse. The scale(or calipers) will start moving in the right direction again, don't sweat it.
    thx bro.

I was chosen as a tester for Omega Sports' T-Force. So, I will be ending this log here.
    Hopping into the supplment log section now. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2961031