Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jpcbadboy16 View Post
    I understand that there is a difference. But bodybuilders arent fat are they? i care about the way i look. I dont want to be just another fat guy. Hence why i work out. I could easily bump my weight up to over 200 pounds. BUt l ike i said i dotn want to get fat. adn thats why i bring up weight
    lol... I am still confused as to your powerlifting approach to things and only worrying about your strength not your size... hence you saying I am so much lighter than you and stronger than you. WTF

Jpcbadboy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes my bench went from 120-250 in 2 years. and just because my traps arent that big doesnt mean im strong. i dont use smith machines, at all. SO you are going to have tot ake my word on my stats because as of right now i have no way to prove it to you.
    "It's not about how hard you hit. It's about hard hard you can get hit, and keep on moving forward."

so many questions ahhhhhhh
    "It's not about how hard you hit. It's about hard hard you can get hit, and keep on moving forward."

rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    gotta add fat to add muscle (in most cases). It shouldn't be about how big you are right this second, since everyone has been lifting for different times periods etc. it should be about how much progress everyone individually has made. Some kid who has put on 15 pounds of muscle after lifting 10 years cannot talk **** to someone who put on 10 pounds of muscle in their first year, but still doesnt quite have the physique as the first person.

viper, i dont know how to explain it, its just the way i think. Genetically i have reached my peak with gaining size. I have one of the most unathletic families ever. But i am continuing to gain strength. so thats why i think like that i guess.

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    viper, i dont know how to explain it, its just the way i think. Genetically i have reached my peak with gaining size. I have one of the most unathletic families ever. But i am continuing to gain strength. so thats why i think like that i guess.
    I got a feeling you haven't reached your genetic potential of size... I just think you are too afraid to ad a bit of fat... you don't have to become a fat ass to gain muscle man. You don't look like you have bad genetics, and further more you have been trianing for 2 years or so... so you can't be anywhere near your total potential.

rambo1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    not unless you take steroids

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yes my bench went from 120-250 in 2 years. and just because my traps arent that big doesnt mean im strong. i dont use smith machines, at all. SO you are going to have tot ake my word on my stats because as of right now i have no way to prove it to you.
    alot of ppl will say vid or negs. your traps dont have to be big but your body looks like that you been working out for 3 days. anyways. yea but even powerlifters have bigger traps than that.

idk bro. even if you are taking a course in that. you dont see any powerlifters doing 100 reps. and those guys have trainers that they pay alot of money for.

and for the whole trainer part. are you aware that you can be a trainer through a online course? and not everythign taught in school is correct?

look bro. we have powerlifters on these forums. i bet your gains would have been alot better if you did it right. now you say you dont care about traps.
    but you do 100 reps and your traps and muscles look very small. and you are only 166 lbs and been lifting for 2 years.?

you will still post that you lift more than the 200 lbers?
    ok well i lift less than you and i still have bigger size muscles and bone structure than you. i been lifting for only 3 months.

good job but no one really cares for weight vs weight lifted in these forums unless they are a powerlifter. we care more along the lines of muscle growth.

No offense to powerlifters if you feel offended in any way. just stating 100 reps is ridiculous

reps to you viper because you hit the nail on the head. I used to weigh 200 pounds and could only bench 120. Then i dropped down to 150 pounds. Then i started lifting. Once i saw my abs i vowed never to lose them again. Once i saw the strength i was gaining, i vowed never to lose it. The reversal of fat and weak to skinny and strong is the reason im like this.

i dont do 100 reps of anything !!!! get this in your head. i never said i did. I do sets of 6-10 reps. geez stop assuming ****. And those pics are 4 months old. And im not a trainer yet!

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i dont do 100 reps of anything !!!! get this in your head. i never said i did. I do sets of 6-10 reps. geez stop assuming ****. And those pics are 4 months old. And im not a trainer yet!

for the count. dont insult somebody's physique its not a cool thing. i never attack that. or even insult somebody's genetic structure. We are all here to help eachother.

another thing. dont get mad over the internet. its kinda stupid. you dont really win anything in the end except a neg

Originally Posted by _Mazza_ View Post
    WOAHHHHH

I know I'm only a noob to this but

< 6 reps = strength
    7 - 14 reps = building muscle
    15 - 30 reps = endurance

100 reps = you might as well go jogging because you'll just burn off fat.

JPCbadboy and Jamie16 are saying the same thing, but i think Jamie is thinking JPC thinks 100 reps will make someone massive, when he is just saying higher reps = more defined look.
    i believe rest time plays a big role in this but there is no set rep for size. its just one of those things.

"alot of ppl will say vid or negs. your traps dont have to be big but your body looks like that you been working out for 3 days. anyways. yea but even powerlifters have bigger traps than that."

"for the count. dont insult somebody's physique its not a cool thing. i never attack that. or even insult somebody's genetic structure. We are all here to help eachother."

so youm ake fun of me, then tell me not to make fun of other people,i i think you need to leave sir.

"alot of ppl will say vid or negs. your traps dont have to be big but your body looks like that you been working out for 3 days. anyways. yea but even powerlifters have bigger traps than that."

"for the count. dont insult somebody's physique its not a cool thing. i never attack that. or even insult somebody's genetic structure. We are all here to help eachother."

so youm ake fun of me, then tell me not to make fun of other people,i i think you need to leave sir.
    well you were being a *******? so why not a ******* back? and you need to learn to quote good sir

in this single thread ive argued with over 10 people, and im done. im not appologizing to anyone. and my views are staying the same. the only differenc is now im leaving because i have better things to do. Like go to the gym.

in this single thread ive argued with over 10 people, and im done. im not appologizing to anyone. and my views are staying the same. the only differenc is now im leaving because i have better things to do. Like go to the gym.
    have fun

twisted03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twisted03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twisted03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twisted03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twisted03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twisted03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twisted03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twisted03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twisted03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twisted03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twisted03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ok i dont know what school you go to for this but change, doing 100 reps of anything is not good for size and more than likely not even very good for endurance unless you were gonna do a bench press marathon.

10-12 reps is the genrally accepted rep range for muscular hypertrophy and people who want to work endurance usualy use go between 20-50 any seems pointless

Originally Posted by twisted03 View Post
    ok i dont know what school you go to for this but change, doing 100 reps of anything is not good for size and more than likely not even very good for endurance unless you were gonna do a bench press marathon.

10-12 reps is the genrally accepted rep range for muscular hypertrophy and people who want to work endurance usualy use go between 20-50 any seems pointless
    dont bother. the guy is ignorant

tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Originally Posted by ..Richo.. View Post
    Finally, something to do with the thread that doesn't make me look like an idiot
    you are an idiot :-p just kidding haha
    Why do I do this, live with the constant pain, the suffering, the sacrifice? Why?

Because I can. Because pain tells me I'm awake. Reminds me I'm alive

"He who does not wish to fight in this world, where permanent struggle is the law of life, has not the right to exist."

1,000lb club member

rep4rep an i rep back

Registered (ab)user dillingerescp's Avatar
    dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    it depends what your going for. Doing the higher weight with the lower reps will help you gtet stronger. BUt the 100 reps will give you a bigger more defined look and will also increase your muscular endurance
    100 reps will NOT get you bigger. It does NOT tear your muscle up enough for it to grow back bigger.

You think Cutler and Coleman got that way by doing 100 curls at 20 lbs ? Youre kidding yourself dude.

If you lift HEAVY, you can actually feel the muscle tearing. It feels good... The burn you feel at 100 reps is merely lactic acid buildup. It is NOT enough weight for size change.
    "Friends come and go, but 200 pounds will always be 200 pounds."

Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Jpcbadboy, do you mean 100 reps in a session or a set?

The Colbert Report Ya Heard Right's Avatar
    Ya Heard Right is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ya Heard Right is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ya Heard Right is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ya Heard Right is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ya Heard Right is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ya Heard Right is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ya Heard Right is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ya Heard Right is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ya Heard Right is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ya Heard Right is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ya Heard Right is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    adn you young builder are the firstpersons opinion i respect in this thread
    You lat pulldown 270 pounds?

PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    any other wise ass remarks?
    This kid got dem dere brains....anyway, tell your buddy to stop being an asshat and hit some weight, or you could just decide to not give a ****, hit some heavy weight yourself, and see who comes out ahead.
    Post-Show Growth Log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157769453

Phoeb's Jungle Warfare Log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=847747

Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm sorry, I realize people have been ****ting on you this entire thread but that is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read in my life. You probably just need to switch up the way you train because I doubt that your genetic limit is like 80 pounds below other people your height.

Kanji4488 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kanji4488 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kanji4488 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kanji4488 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kanji4488 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kanji4488 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kanji4488 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kanji4488 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kanji4488 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kanji4488 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kanji4488 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    dont bother. the guy is ignorant
    props for keeping your cool with this guy....i believe i would have started screaming long ago

Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ..Richo.. View Post
    It also doesn't help that he's a bit fat and because his arms are 2' bigger than mine.. Not defined at all.. He guesses he must be doing something right.. He also refuses to do military press because it's boring.. And the only shoulder exercise he does is lateral raises with 3 kg dumbbells for about 70 reps, because he finds them fun.
    If his arms measure over 2 foot, I also agree that he is doing something right...

/\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Stop that bull**** already! 100 reps won't do anything for you
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    .............................. R.I.P...................................
    .............Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian............
    .............. ₪₪₪₪₪₪1989-2011₪₪₪₪₪₪₪...............
    .▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    100 reps are for endurance and will do little for growth. The main muscle fibers that contribute to growth are the fast twitch fibers. The best rep range for size is anywhere from 4-12. Now for legs there more slow twitch so higher reps usually work best, but even still 100 reps is a little excessive.

Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    someone needs to take a look at this page

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=651322

No Excuses, Just Results mhschiefs97's Avatar
    mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500)
    dude, i go to school for this ****, dont tell me im wrong
    Your 18 so I doubt you have been going to school that long for 'this ****'. Even if you are you are most likely in liberal arts type freshmen classes. Also for another post you made... you did not reach your genetic peak at 18, you reached a point where you decided your gonna stop trying to eat more food to force your body to grow.

Will 100 reps give you a more define look? I would consider 100 reps like a exercise class where your main goal is to burn fat. Considering the fact that whatever weight you are capable of using for 100 reps is not likely to get your body to use up its glycogen stores for energy as it is to use fat stores for energy. I could be wrong though because it is not a simple as that and I don't have the knowledge that some people do to be able to go into with alot of detail.

To the person that made the thread. If your goal is to put on strength or size you want to make progress. 100 reps a week won't get you much progress each week as far as the amount of weight your lifting. And don't you think if you are never adding any weight your body has no reason to grow or get stronger? So I would stick to a lower rep range like 8-10 which you said you do where you can constantly progress.
    Last edited by mhschiefs97; 05-10-2007 at 11:32 AM.

iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    dude, i go to school for this ****, dont tell me im wrong
    you're wrong.