jestros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

anyone see this show on pbs last night?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/wartech/about.html

Very informative. Rummie is the devil. That is all.

Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snoopis is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I didn't see it, but I'll be keeping my eyes open for a replay, it sounds very interesting.

Also, I don't think the new technology and new style of warfare is really a problem. I think the bigger issue is just politics and rules of engagement. As much as I don't think this is anything like Vietnam, it's the same issues, just on a much smaller scale.

Take Fallujah for example... do you really think it would take more than a couple hours to roll through that place if we wanted to? It's just a tough balance between getting things done and not killing any more than we have to.
    "Undoubtedly, some think the Second Amendment is outmoded in a society where our standing army is the pride of our Nation, where well-trained police forces provide personal security, and where gun violence is a serious problem. That is perhaps debatable, but what is not debatable is that it is not the role of this Court to pronounce the Second Amendment extinct." - Justice Scalia, DC vs Heller

LordNeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: anyone see this show on pbs last night?

Originally posted by jestros
    Rummie is the devil.
    Rumsfeld should be forced to resign. Liberal or conservative, you should be able to acknowledge the guy has overseen some serious failures and made some absolutely terrible judgement calls. There's his pushing for making Iraq a higher priority than pursuing al-Qaida, for one. Even if you think the Iraq war was just, he is largely responsible for the fact that too few troops were installed (he repeatedly insisted that more weren't needed), which has put the troops there in serious danger. It's also forced a lot of the work to be farmed out to mercenaries who have often made things worse.

The man is incompetent and dangerous, and should get the boot.
    "I don�t think our troops ought to be used for what�s called nation building." - G.W. Bush, 10/11/2000

"But I subscribe to the law of contrary public opinion. If everyone thinks one thing, then I say bet the other way." - Ricky Roma, from "Glengarry Glen Ross"

Petey_G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petey_G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petey_G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petey_G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petey_G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petey_G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petey_G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petey_G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petey_G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petey_G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petey_G will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Re: anyone see this show on pbs last night?

Originally posted by LordNeon
    Rumsfeld should be forced to resign. Liberal or conservative, you should be able to acknowledge the guy has overseen some serious failures and made some absolutely terrible judgement calls. There's his pushing for making Iraq a higher priority than pursuing al-Qaida, for one. Even if you think the Iraq war was just, he is largely responsible for the fact that too few troops were installed (he repeatedly insisted that more weren't needed), which has put the troops there in serious danger. It's also forced a lot of the work to be farmed out to mercenaries who have often made things worse.

The man is incompetent and dangerous, and should get the boot.
    ...and you could have done better...