Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Location: But the time has come when all good things shall pass.
    Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Is It Ok To Eat Just One Meal A Day ?

Well, my PRIMARY goal is to lose the most amount of bodyfat i can .. i'm a vegetarian .. but i do take eggs .. so i was wondering if it was ok to just eat one meal a day .. as i can take it mentally .. but what do you guys suggest ?
    - "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."
    - "What the mind can conceive, the body can achieve"
    - "Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."
    - "That which will not kill you will only make you stronger!."
    - "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight."
    - "Shortcuts are for pussies. You need to work your ass off."

Saeedy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Saeedy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Saeedy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Saeedy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Saeedy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Saeedy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Saeedy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Saeedy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Saeedy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Saeedy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    did you even read up in the boards before asking this quesiton.... the answer is simply NO
    eating one meal a day will destroy you metabolims.
    if you want to lose weight you need to eat smaller meals more often, simple as that.
    Height: 5'10"
    BF: 7.2%
    Maintaning ~2800cals/day
    Weight: 152

basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    NO. You will put your body in starvation mode and will store more fat that way. Eat small 5-6 meals a day.

Make sure your're eating enough calories because not eating enough can be just as bad as eating to much.

Eat clean smaller frequent meals and do lots of cardio.

Im sure one of the more seasoned members can explain it better.

Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Hmmm

Well, ok .. so how many meals do you guys think i should take a day ? could someone give me a example ?
    - "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."
    - "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight."

I'm SUPER thanks 4 asking Superdude87's Avatar
    Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your bodyweight x 10-12. Make sure you're getting about 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight to perserve muscle.

Fighter2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Faitless- 6 meals a day is a recommended general guideline for men, 5 meals a day for women. Why? Because men have a higher metabolic rate than women due to carrying more massive amounts of muscle. Meals tend to be processed every 3 hours, so to provide a more efficient metabolism (especially if you want to gain muscle or lose fat), six smaller meals a day are more easily digested than three large meals a day.

Check out the stickes above if you want to find out a lot more about the subject. In short: if you're eating one meal a day, not only are you slowing down your metabolism significantly -- you are causing your body to draw on its own muscle protein to satisfy its energy needs! If that doesn't scare you, consider this: on one meal a day, your metabolism will store anything you put into your body as fat!! That's right -- your body will think it's starving because of the infrequent meals. No way will you be able to burn that stored body fat now.

My advice? Eat six smaller meals a day consisting of a lean protein, one starchy carbohydrate, and one fibrous carbohydrate. Keep in mind that these items cannot be just anything (caloric quality also counts here, too). If your diet consists of junk food and candy, there's no way you'll lose fat because of the immense amount of insulin that will be in your blood stream.

Anyway, the bottom line is this: If you eat one meal a day, you're going to be in a world of hurt if you're trying to lose fat.

Question How Does This Diet Sounds ?

Meal 1: Protein Shake

Meal 2: Handful Of Peanuts

Meal 3: One/Two Slices Of Bread With Peanut Butter

Meal 4: Low-fat yoghurt

Meal 5: White Rice With Some Vegetable + Egg

Meal 6: Protein Shake

El Dudereno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: How Does This Diet Sounds ?

Originally posted by Faitless
    Meal 1: Protein Shake

I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up horribly constipated on that diet.

mimo is just really nice. (+1000) mimo is just really nice. (+1000) mimo is just really nice. (+1000) mimo is just really nice. (+1000) mimo is just really nice. (+1000) mimo is just really nice. (+1000) mimo is just really nice. (+1000) mimo is just really nice. (+1000) mimo is just really nice. (+1000) mimo is just really nice. (+1000) mimo is just really nice. (+1000)

Cool Re: How Does This Diet Sounds ?

Originally posted by Faitless
    Meal 1: Protein Shakeadd some carbs

add protein

add protein

add protein

u need more protein

Joao Mimoso, Exercise physiologist, writter, consultant and Personal trainer

******** page "Body by Mimo"

http://www.********.com/#!/bodybymimo

Professional Eater Dedicatedforlife's Avatar
    Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Look at the Warrior Diet...it consists of one meal a day (but like 3000 calories in one meal is pretty hard to get in)lol

ToughGuy10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been unknowingly on the warrior diet for about 2 months now and I've seen some amazing results, muscles have gotten bigger and stronger, lost some body fat, my metabolism is through the roof...idk maybe when it comes to eating, it might be what works best for you. When i was eating 6 or so meals a day I gained a lot more fat than how I eat now.

Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The number of times you eat a day is irrelivent to weight loss. If your in a deficit even eating once a day, you will lose weight. End of story.

DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bobooshka View Post
    The number of times you eat a day is irrelivent to weight loss. If your in a deficit even eating once a day, you will lose weight. End of story.
    yeah but if you want that to be fat instead of muscle it is relevant.

Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DavidJr74 View Post
    Wrong.

StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im going to go against most of these people and say something daring going along with the "warrior" diet as mentioned earlier... but it doesnt matter how many meals in a day you eat as long as you are eating below maintenance ... don't confuse this with starving yourself but say you want to take in 2000 calories daily it doesn't matter if you eat 4 meals at 500 calories each 10 meals at 200 calories each or 1 meal at 2000 calories... from my opinion and the opinion of a lot of people on this site the whole "6 meal a day thing" is only psychological to prevent you from over eating cause you less likely to have cravings eating 6 small meals a day then if you are to have your lunch at 2000 calories by dinner time you will prob be hungry again... there are people out there who do all their calories in one meal... it won't kill you but can be challenging to control cravings throughout the day...

p.s. don't drink your calories(unless its like a protein shake of course)
    Body Transformation + Abdomnioplasty results
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQx7fWIEblU

Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DavidJr74 View Post
    what?
    add me : http://www.********.com/mbobilin
    fat loss log : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128202591

Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My only concern is can you actually take all of your protein requirements for the day in one meal?

I don't see myself eating 180g of protein in one meal...

Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tanulean View Post
    My only concern is can you actually take all of your protein requirements for the day in one meal?

It would be bothersome.

Easily,
    2 pieces of chicken = 220 calories 44g (varies obviously)
    2 cups cottage cheese = 200 calories 28g

420 calories 72g of protein

Shouldnt be an issue as long as his diet is in good order.

Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

myofusion ftw

Since when is 72g of protein 180g?

I was more of talking about the 'I don't know if bodies can use 180g of protein in one sitting'....

People been saying there is a limit to the amount of protein you can absorb at one time or some shenanigans...

StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Since when is 72g of protein 180g?

I was more of talking about the 'I don't know if bodies can use 180g of protein in one sitting'....

People been saying there is a limit to the amount of protein you can absorb at one time or some shenanigans...
    pretty sure that's some broscience... my friend was tryna tell me you cant absorb more than like 40 ...lol

Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by StrongIron84 View Post
    pretty sure that's some broscience... my friend was tryna tell me you cant absorb more than like 40 ...lol
    I was working out yesterday and then I when to mix my real mass by gaspari, I noticed the tub was closing to an end so I accidentally the whole thing. My body was digesting this for about 24 hours, 12+ scoops. Its possible

Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh my god, the amount of ridiculous bro science in this thread is making me DIZZY!

YES YOU CAN EAT ONE MEAL A DAY!

Jesus CHRIST!

You idiots need to stop spreading this bull**** around and putting people on these perfect 6-meal a day 40/40/20 c/p/f diets making their lives hell. If he wants to eat one meal let him do it, it won't make a difference. God you bros are annoying sometimes. You give horrible advice.

Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    this thread was made in 2004 guys, calm down. strong bump

Maxserv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maxserv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maxserv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maxserv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maxserv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maxserv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maxserv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maxserv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maxserv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maxserv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maxserv is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you want to lose some weight find out ur Basal Metabolic Rate, and ur calorie requierements to mantain ur current weight , cut the maintenance calories by 20% and do 45min cardio low intensity 1st thing in morning stomach empty everyday, keep protein high, aid urself if needed with a fat burner, up the cardio and lower the carbs as u progress and only if u need it, hope it helped! keep foods in 5-6 meals per day will keep ur metabolism working faster

Originally Posted by Brad155 View Post
    this thread was made in 2004 guys, calm down. strong bump
    wow i just noticed LMAO

Originally Posted by Cachexic View Post
    Oh my god, the amount of ridiculous bro science in this thread is making me DIZZY!

YES YOU CAN EAT ONE MEAL A DAY!

Jesus CHRIST!

You idiots need to stop spreading this bull**** around and putting people on these perfect 6-meal a day 40/40/20 c/p/f diets making their lives hell. If he wants to eat one meal let him do it, it won't make a difference. God you bros are annoying sometimes. You give horrible advice.
    wait, wut?

_OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Faitless View Post
    Well, my PRIMARY goal is to lose the most amount of bodyfat i can .. i'm a vegetarian .. but i do take eggs .. so i was wondering if it was ok to just eat one meal a day .. as i can take it mentally .. but what do you guys suggest ?
    I practised fasting for 24-hours 2-3 times a week from Feb 09 to Oct 09. My weight went from 167 to 131lb at 5ft 5in, 36 to 29in waist. My muscular strength remained the same and actually increased in some exercises. For one month I only ate 1 meal a day.

Go to the following link to see my before and after photos:

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/_O...n=progresspics

What I learned from my results was that meal frequency doesn't matter in terms or 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or more meals a day. What matters is the amount of food you eat.

I also learned that I don't need to eat 1g protein per pound of bodyweight. I ate 1g protein per kilogram of bodyweight, and some days less than this.

Another thing I learned was that you don't need to do cardio to lose fat. I never did a single minute of cardio. I only lifted weights 3 times a week.

For fat loss, dietary control is KING!

Ewad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    to lose fat YOU HAVE TO EAT 5-6 MEALS A DAY . AND I MEAN THE RIGHT FOOD , WITH THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF PROTEIN , CARBS AN FAT .. and EXERCISE !! ..
    "SUFFER now and LIVE the REST of your LIFE as a CHAMPION "