Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mission551 View Post
    looks pretty good. the only thing i might suggest is getting some carbs pre and post workout, especially post. i know your trying to cut carbs but the pre and post workout should be prioritized over anyother time of the day. even if you take that banana from your morning meal and have it post workout it would still be a lot more beneficial. otherwise looking good and good luck with the new plan...you'll find you will probably do a lot of tweaking with it until you find a good balance for your body
    Thanks for the reply. And yes I actually thought about that while I was taking a shower lol. Shows how much time im putting into this. I actually think im going to add some brown rice to my lunch. And some oats to my post workout whey. It will add some much needed cals anyways. Should still keep my carbs lower then before. Probably by 50 grams atleast.

luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    I have checked out your calories for all the meals you posted and for your height/weight & exercise level you are eating too few. I have been averaging 2600cals/day since I started at 204lbs, and all the way down to my current weight, and I have been losing consistantly every week.

You will be losing too, but I fear it will be more of a mostly muscle to fat mix rather than mostly to all fat. On most days you are probably running close to a 1200cal or more deficit from maintanence.

All I am saying is monitor your losses & diet closely.

Thanks Scott. You are one of my favorite posters so I will take this reply in consideration. As I put in the post above. I do plan on adding some carbs in my lunch and post workout. I will do whatever it takes to get the cals in. 2200-2400 for me is what I will be aiming for. I was averaging about 180g carbs for the last 3 months. I have lost 9lbs. Less then a lbs a week. Now to be honest, my diet has not been consistant or perfect. But I thought with the work I have put in. (weights, cardio, healthier living) I would be much more ahead. Thanks much and id rep you if I could......

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by luckykris View Post
    Thanks Scott. You are one of my favorite posters so I will take this reply in consideration. As I put in the post above. I do plan on adding some carbs in my lunch and post workout. I will do whatever it takes to get the cals in. 2200-2400 for me is what I will be aiming for. I was averaging about 180g carbs for the last 3 months. I have lost 9lbs. Less then a lbs a week. Now to be honest, my diet has not been consistant or perfect. But I thought with the work I have put in. (weights, cardio, healthier living) I would be much more ahead. Thanks much and id rep you if I could......
    No worries about the reps, I just want to see you get the most out of your plan. Do you have a macro ratio you are shooting for?
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

No worries about the reps, I just want to see you get the most out of your plan. Do you have a macro ratio you are shooting for?
    Well not really. I was going with the 40-40-20f the last few months. I just wanted to knock down some carbs. Thinking more of a 50-25-25. What do you think of something like that? I dont think I like the Keto or low carb, high fat diets.

Monday May 21st

Today was a great day. Work was good and flew by. Allergies were pretty bad, but nothing new there. Today was also the start for a couple new things for me. I woke up earlier then usual and did 30 min of stationary bike. High-mod intervals. I also cut some Carbs. Heres how it went

5:20am wake up

5:25am Slammed down a protein shake with water.

5:35am 30 min stationary bike, high low intervals. Felt pretty good

6:15am 3 whole eggs, 1/4 cup Oats

9am hand full of almonds (starting to really like these)

12pm 12 inch on ww chicken and loaded veggies Pita, pickle. 10 almonds

3pm 5oz Chicken breast, broccoli, little BBQ sauce

4:30pm Apple (out of Noxplode : ( Definetly felt it in my workout)

4:45pm UpperBody heavy workout (Workout was solid, especially on chest and Tri's) Back and shoulders were lacking. I need to get some Xplode Immediatly. 10 min of a quick HIIT on the bike

6:15pm Drinking a protein shake with 1/4 cup of oats right now

7pm 2 5oz Chicken breast with broccoli

10pm low fat cottage cheese

Calories estimated by fitday.com
    2195 cals
    65g fat
    125g carbs
    230g protein

Now this is something im gonna try shooting for. Atleast for the next month or two. Closer to 50-25-25. Maybe 40-30-30 is more what I will shoot for.

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well not really. I was going with the 40-40-20f the last few months. I just wanted to knock down some carbs. Thinking more of a 50-25-25. What do you think of something like that? I dont think I like the Keto or low carb, high fat diets.
    Unfortunately, the only way to find out what may work best for you is to try them out. If you are not getting good results, change and try again.

In case you are interested, here are my weekly macros:

AVG Macro %
    For the week
    Protein 0.44
    Carbs 0.33
    Fat 0.23
    Calories 2608

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

- Steve Katai

Unfortunately, the only way to find out what may work best for you is to try them out. If you are not getting good results, change and try again.

In case you are interested, here are my weekly macros:

AVG Macro %
    For the week
    Protein 0.44
    Carbs 0.33
    Fat 0.23
    Calories 2608
    Cool thanks Scott. If you get time, would you run down your daily diet. Im sure it changes. But it would be cool to see how you get that. Thanks buddy.

Cool thanks Scott. If you get time, would you run down your daily diet. Im sure it changes. But it would be cool to see how you get that. Thanks buddy.
    Yeah, it varies, of course...too much so for a posting. Check your PMs for reason.

- Thomas A. Edison

- Steve Katai

Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah, it varies, of course...too much so for a posting. Check your PMs for reason.
    Scott is it because you are eating Oreo balls?

I think your macros look ok. Nice job sticking with your program!

Originally Posted by Quickxi View Post
    Man...those sound good, don't they?

- Thomas A. Edison

- Steve Katai

Originally Posted by Quickxi View Post

I think your macros look ok. Nice job sticking with your program!
    Thanks and those do sound good : )

Tuesday May 22nd

Another very good day. Work went well. Felt great. The only problem I had was alarm clock issues. Atleast a few to many snooz pushes. Woke up later then I wanted.

6:30am wake up

6:45 Protein drink with water. 1/4 cup of oats and a banana

9am hand full of almonds

12pm 2 5oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup of broccoli, hand full of almonds

4pm whey with water, 2 pieces of whole wheat bread

4:30pm Lower body workout, 20 min cardio on stationary bike

6:00 pm Drinking whey with water, just ate some Oats

7:30 pm Large Salad with assorted veggies, non fat dressing. 5 oz chicken breast

10pm Low fat cottage cheese

My food choice werent great today. Waking up late, kinda hurt my breakfast. Maybe could have had more solid food then all the Whey. But still trying to cut some carbs out. Harder then I thought it would be.

Calories estimated on fitday.com
    Calories 2133
    Fat grams 72
    Carbs grams 145
    Protein grams 228

44p-26c-30f

Close to what im aiming for.
    kick some ass

cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Everything looks great so far.
    I will be keeping an eye on your thread.

Keep up the good work
    cawiau
    My journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112815821

Originally Posted by cawiau View Post
    Everything looks great so far.
    I will be keeping an eye on your thread.

Keep up the good work
    cawiau
    Thanks man. I appreciate it. Good Luck to you and your goals
    kick some ass

Missed yesterday. Damnit. No excuses, felt like crap. Layed down after work and was pretty much out for the count the rest of the day. Wed's are my off days from the gym anyways. I actually enjoyed the relaxing day.

My diet was ok. Although I did dip into a 12inch on wheat Chicken sub from Subway at lunch. Not the worse choice. But when im trying to cut carbs, the 100 carbs alone kinda hurt. I probably should have only ate a 6inch. But whatever I was hungry. It was damn good too. Dinner was a salad with vinegar and chicken. Had my oats with eggs in the morning and almonds for a snack. Didnt total my cals either. lol damn I was lazy yesterday. Probably a little high on Carbs, pro and fat were ok.

I have a baseball game at 7pm So im gonna get this done before I go do a light upper body workout.

5:15am 20 min OF HIIT on stationary bike (Whey with water before)

6am 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg. 1/4 cup of oats

9am Almonds, apple

12pm 2 5oz chicken breast, 1/4 cup broccoli, almonds

3pm Protein Bar (i know probably could have had something better)

4pm Upperbody light workout (No cardio after)

5:00pm Whey with 1/4 cup of oats

6:00pm 6oz Filelt mignon, 1 cup of green beans

7pm Baseball game

10pm Low fat cottage cheese

Cals estimated on fitday.com
    Cals 2204
    Fat grams 88
    Carbs 120
    Protein 241

Not bad, Carbs are down from what I was at a week ago. Protein is up. Body is feeling ok. A little tired. But I have a lot to do. So I better get to it...
    kick some ass

mission551 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mission551 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mission551 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mission551 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mission551 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mission551 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mission551 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mission551 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mission551 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mission551 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mission551 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    keep up the good work man, your macros are looking good. how far in are you so far? how often do u check your progress?

Originally Posted by mission551 View Post
    keep up the good work man, your macros are looking good. how far in are you so far? how often do u check your progress?
    Thanks man. Just over 3 months. Lost about 14lbs. Started around 209. At 195 now. Had some good weekends, some ok weeks and some bad weeks. Starting now to really get into it. I check my progress every wednesday. Might change it to every other week. I have noticed my best gaines in my chest and arms right now. My chest and gut are my biggest downfalls. So much hard work ahead. WElp gotta go play ball. Talk to yas tomorrow...
    kick some ass

[QUOTE=luckykris;45572071]Missed yesterday. Damnit. No excuses, felt like crap. Layed down after work and was pretty much out for the count the rest of the day. Wed's are my off days from the gym anyways. I actually enjoyed the relaxing day. [QUOTE]
    Those days happen...many times because it is really what your body needs.

Be careful of FitDay. Someone, I think Kaaud, posted that some of their preset numbers were off. He found his actual protein count was estimated wrong and he had to add more protein to his diet. Others in that thread agreed.

- Thomas A. Edison

- Steve Katai

Be careful of FitDay. Someone, I think Kaaud, posted that some of their preset numbers were off. He found his actual protein count was estimated wrong and he had to add more protein to his diet. Others in that thread agreed.[/QUOTE]

Hmm thanks for the info. Do you know any other cheap or free sites to use?
    kick some ass

phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ooh, first time i read this. you're doing great!
    "You can't lift like an ogre and eat like a princess just so you can maintain your girlish figure."

-triplewhammy

Hmm thanks for the info. Do you know any other cheap or free sites to use?
    They were saying they still used it, but only used the cutom thing, where you input the macros once.

- Thomas A. Edison

- Steve Katai

They were saying they still used it, but only used the cutom thing, where you input the macros once.

Thanks buddy. I actually use the custom list on alot of foods. I have noticed a difference in a lot.

Monday May 28th Memorial Day

Just got back from 3 days at my parents on the lake. Great time as always. Weather wasnt the best, but it wasnt too bad. Did some boating, fishing, camping. Brings me back to my teen days haha

Now since I was away, getting my macros in check was tough. I mostly ate sandwhiches, BBQ chicken, Corn, Burgers. Not the healthiest weekend of eating. (drinking) But I dont see my family much anymore, so it was nice.
    Im not going to go over my day. Because most of it was driving. Im actually feeling pretty good right now. So im going to go and get a full upperbody workout in. Actually really looking forward to it. My mom made it known that I have lost weight and look real good. So that was nice to hear. Not really the look I wanted with my shirt off. Still quite a bit of fat. But a couple months ago I probably wouldnt have taken my shirt off. I figure this time by next year, im gonna be that guy who never has a shirt on. HAHA CANT WAIT!

Welp off to the dungeon...

See yas tomorrow.. HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY
    kick some ass

Hey luckykris! I will be in the Chicagoland area in a couple of weeks. We are spending 8 or 9 days. No guarantees, but if interested in meeting up for lunch let me know via PM. We can exchange contact numbers.

I am thinking Thai. Little place on Halsted, just north of Fullerton. Excellent food.

- Thomas A. Edison

- Steve Katai

Thumbs up

Hey luckykris! I will be in the Chicagoland area in a couple of weeks. We are spending 8 or 9 days. No guarantees, but if interested in meeting up for lunch let me know via PM. We can exchange contact numbers.

I am thinking Thai. Little place on Halsted, just north of Fullerton. Excellent food.
    Scott sent you a PM.
    kick some ass

Tuesday May 29th

Today was a great day. Everything went smoothly. Work, my workout and my diet. No problems at all. Felt good, body feels good and hell I look good hehe.

6am Wake up

6:20am 3 whole eggs, 2 pieces of whole wheat bread

9am Hand full of almonds

12pm Chicken and veggie whole wheat pita

3pm 1/2 cup of fresh fruit. strawberries, peaches, grapes

4pm Lower body workout, 20 min of stationary bike

5:30pm 1/4 cup of oats with strawberries, whey with water

7pm 5oz chicken breast, lettuce salad with olive oil dressing, 1 hard broiled egg

9pm small can of tuna with relish, 2 tbls of low fat cottage cheese

calories estimated on fitday.com

Cals 2090 (actually a little lower then I would like)
    Fat grams 66
    Carbs 154
    Protein 190 ( Rather be in the 200's here)

40-30-30 Not to bad, but I didnt eat enough. I might take a quick protein shake in before bed. Matter a fact, im going too.

Good night
    kick some ass

Crap im losing it. I totally forgot about yesterday : (

I have a ball game in an hour. Hopefully remember to get on here after

Beware "Has not been a good couple days"
    kick some ass

Monday June 4th

I have been so sick, this sucks. Totally got me off my plan. I havent ate nothing but soup and drinking tons water. I have lost some water weight for sure. Not good. Havent worked out since Thursday and probably dont plan on it for the next couple days. Going to take it easy. I hate being sick, hate hate hate it!!! Goodnight
    kick some ass

Monday June 4th

I have been so sick, this sucks. Totally got me off my plan. I havent ate nothing but soup and drinking tons water. I have lost some water weight for sure. Not good. Havent worked out since Thursday and probably dont plan on it for the next couple days. Going to take it easy. I hate being sick, hate hate hate it!!! Goodnight
    You have to do what is best. Rest is good. Take care and get better soon.

- Thomas A. Edison

- Steve Katai