Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Take your Supps right!!! qweewq12's Avatar
    qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So Frogback negs me for threatening to to neg him due to his mumbling post.... and then deletes his post from this thread...what a tool...

neg: "Vitamin C & Lysine is Pretty Clear Formula Linus Pauling Researched - Threaten a Neg when Right In Front Of Him!"
    Me: The ECTOMORPH
    Lift Heavy! Lift Smart! Lift!
    Down with GNC!

PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Are guys ignorant? Whey protein LOWERS LDL Cholesterol and has tons of other benefits, it doesnt raise it like this entire thread debates over.......

read & learn.....BTW I have been taking 4 scoops of whey the past 4 years everyday and my total cholesterol is 120 and LDL is like 65. That is outstanding. I NEVER DO CARDIO, it is due to taking whey, fish caps, eating oatmeal, other whole grains, and lean proteins.

I also weight lift alot which I am sure improves cholesterol numbers.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Whey-Prote...rtance&id=2851

Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PumpItUp4Real View Post
    Are guys ignorant? Whey protein LOWERS LDL Cholesterol and has tons of other benefits, it doesnt raise it like this entire thread debates over.......

read & learn.....BTW I have been taking 4 scoops of whey the past 4 years everyday and my total cholesterol is 120 and LDL is like 65. That is outstanding. I NEVER DO CARDIO, it is due to taking whey, fish caps, eating oatmeal, other whole grains, and lean proteins.

One needs to be careful decreasing their cholesterol too low. Studies are showing that too low cholesterol levels can negatively effect mood and bring on other medical problems. This is due to the fact that cholesterol transports neurotransmitters that are critical to the healthy functioning of our brains. From what I have read, cholesterol levels below 140 are considered too low. In addition, recent studies are demonstating the very significant role of very high levels of HDL in terms of cardiovascular health and longevity that are as important as low LDL levels.

BTW, never doing any cardiovascular exercise is not good either regardless of low total cholesterol and LDL levels. In other words, having a great diet does not replace the need for cardiovascular exercise. Numerous studies clearly demonstrate the positve impact on the cardiovascular and circulatory system, in preventing a number of cancers and most recently the growth of new neurons in the brain and prevention of alzheimers disease from regular cardiovascular exercise. In addition, studies are revealing that without exercise, regardless if one appears to be thin, these individuals have much greater fat stores in their guts than those who engage in cardiovascular exercise. There is no way around it. If one does not engage in cardiovascular exercise in spite of the overwhelming epidemiological evidence that supports its role in protecting and promoting our health one may be putting their health and well being in jeopardy.
    Last edited by Carl123; 05-17-2007 at 08:15 AM.

Take your Supps right!!! qweewq12's Avatar
    qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qweewq12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

It is also proven that most of your cholestrol numbers are hereditary... yes, you can sway it like up to 30% with the way you eat & exercise.. but the other 70% you have no control over...
    Me: The ECTOMORPH
    Lift Heavy! Lift Smart! Lift!
    Down with GNC!

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Carl123 View Post
    One needs to be careful decreasing their cholesterol too low. Studies are showing that too low cholesterol levels can negatively effect mood and bring on other medical problems.
    I've read the same thing on several occasions.

"Two more recent studies from the Max-Planck-Institute of Psychiatry in Germany linked too low cholesterol with an increased risk of suicide, depression, impulsivity and aggression."

As with many other things in life, there needs to be a balance.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PumpItUp4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sorry fellas I dont suffer from any of the ailments you listed, even the medical doctor, whom I think is just a big more qualified than you to make judgements about my cholesterol levels was very impressed with my physical results.

Fat stores? Dude I have a pronounced six pack with 9% bodyfat and getting to around 6% this summer. I was also told by my doctor that I am in the lowest group least likely to suffer a heart attack.

My family lives into their late 80s eating a semi-bad diet of processed foods and sweets and never excercised a day in their life. I lift weights and eat healthy, I think I can live to at least my 80s assuming no outside factors kill me first (car accident, etc.)

Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    PumpItUp4RealSorry: fellas I dont suffer from any of the ailments you listed, even the medical doctor, whom I think is just a big more qualified than you to make judgements about my cholesterol levels was very impressed with my physical results.

Carl: We were not referring to YOU but making a general observation about research that other posters may wish to review. No more, no less.

Pumpitup: Fat stores? Dude I have a pronounced six pack with 9% bodyfat and getting to around 6% this summer. I was also told by my doctor that I am in the lowest group least likely to suffer a heart attack.

Carl: Once again, the information I provided was for the general audience of posters on this forum and was not specifically directed to YOU. BTW, since you raised the issue Dude, keep in mind that many of us also had low fat stores and outstanding cardio exams when we were 24. Youth has its advantages in terms of higher levels of HgH and testosterone that postively impact on low fat stores and cardiac function. However, let us see what your fat stores, blood pressure, cholesterol and cardio risks will be when you are fifty-six or past sixty years of age IF you have not engaged in cardiovascular exercise? I am quite certain you would be surprised at the results.

Pumpitup: My family lives into their late 80s eating a semi-bad diet of processed foods and sweets and never excercised a day in their life. I lift weights and eat healthy, I think I can live to at least my 80s assuming no outside factors kill me first (car accident, etc.)[/QUOTE]

Carl:I understand the sense of invincibility and invulnerability that comes with youth. However, do yourself a favor and don't jinx yourself! None of us knows what is in store for us regardless of the longevity in our immediate family. You see certain major diseases can skip generations or suddenly appear unexpectly in a family member. This can be a cancer, a neurodegenerative disease or cardio-cerebral disease. I hope that you are never in a situation to prove that I was correct.
    Last edited by Carl123; 05-17-2007 at 02:02 PM.

There are millions of people that dont do cardio their entire lives who live into their late 70s to early 90s.....

whats your point Carl?

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I keep telling myself that one of these days I'll have to try this cardio thing

For now, my weight training gets my heart pumping. So does my wife
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

There are millions of people that dont do cardio their entire lives who live into their late 70s to early 90s.....

whats your point Carl?
    You're missing the point!

Obviously, there are people who don't do cardio their entire lives and "live into their 70s and early 90s" and in fact beyond. However, the benefit of cardio extends beyond longevity but significantly enhances the quality of life as one ages as well as assisting in remaining as disease free as possible up until the time of death! In other words the goal is not only to live a ripe age but to have good physical, mental and psychological health and a shorter period of infirmity prior to death. In contrast many people live long ages but are suffering from myriad cardiac, pulmonary, vascular, arthritic, neurological and cancer related medical issues that makes their long lives absolutely miserable. A lifetime of cardio exercise does not result in immortality but can either prevent a number of diseases, delay their onset or assist those with these diseases in coping more effectively in addition to maintaining one's weight and improving sleep.

So if you wish to live your entire life not engaging in cardiovascular exercise all the power to you. However, when reviewing the overwhelming peer reviewed research findings that supports the numerous positive effects of cardio exercise it is apparent that anyone who does not take heed of this literature is in the same boat as those who refuse to quit smoking! It is that important to living a healthier life.
    Last edited by Carl123; 05-18-2007 at 05:43 PM.

Carl,

I agree with you on this 100%!

Cardio certainly can help offset diseases and help your body feel better as you age.

IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Check out www.spacedoc.net

Originally Posted by roehrigs01 View Post
    This information pertains to people with cholesterol around 200+:

I have naturally high cholesterol due to heredity and all the crap I use to eat before I started hard-charging in the gym. But, back last fall I started really eating clean and cutting out the bad foods. In January, I had my annual physical and came out with Cholesterol of 210 with HDL and LDL at not so good levels. Recently (May), I had a new check with Cholesterol of 205 and my HDL was 24... still bad!

Standards are Under 200 mg/dl for Cholesterol, HDL to be 40 mg/dl or Higher and LDL to be less than 100 mg/dl. The lower your LDL cholesterol, the lower your risk of heart attack and stroke. RDA of Cholesterol is 300mg a day.

Personally, although it has gone down 5 points in 5 months, I was hoping it would have been around 195 since I was eating clean. However, I discovered something that was a shock to me!!! Protein shakes do have cholesterol in it and not just a little bit, some have plenty...ranging from 0mg a serving to 100mg+ a serving for weight gainers type.

Now since I want to lower my cholesterol and also drink 2-3 protein shakes a day, a protein shake with high cholesterol isn't helping me at all!

Recent Protein shakes I have used:
    • Prolab N-Large II - Protein: 52 g, Cholesterol: 100 mg. (holy crap!)
    • Muscle Milk- Protein: 32 g, Cholesterol: 5 mg (good, but MM is expensive)
    • At Large Nutrition Nitrean- - Protein: 23 g, Cholesterol: 23 mg (could be better)
    • I was looking at getting ?EAS Premium Protein? from Costco next, but protein: 27g, Cholesterol: 80mg. (don't want this anymore)
    Usually I would double up on the servings each time to get me close to 50g of protein each shake? if I would do that with the EAS, that would put me at 160mg a shake( 480mg a day + whatever I get from regular food) I am thinking that would definitely make my total cholesterol go up!

Yesterday I ordered Dymazite Elite Whey: 23g protein and 5mg cholesterol per serving.. Read some good reviews on it and going to use that as my next protein shake as my current tub of Nitrean is almost gone?

I read that some cholesterol is vital to building muscle, but from now on, I am definitely going to keep an eye out for how much cholesterol is in my shakes and keep it so whatever cholesterol intake I do have is mainly coming from my actual food.

As for HDL & LDL, Remember high HDL is good, high LDL is bad!

What measures can be used to increase HDL/lower LDL levels? Ironically, these are also good for cutting fat and helping you towards you bb goals...
    • More Aerobic exercise.
    • Lose weight.
    • Stop smoking.
    • Cut out the trans fatty acids
    • Cut out Alcohol.
    • Increase the monounsaturated fats in your diet.
    • Add soluble fiber to your diet.
    Any other protein drinks out there you like and have low Cholesterol levels (-10mg per serving) in them?
    Cholesterol is not a bad thing my friend. Check out www.spacedoc.net it's actually worse to have low, low cholesterol. I was on Statins for a few months and they really messed me up. It all comes down to inflammation...whatever you do, don't go on statins, they wreck your muscles.

StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by IronUte70 View Post
    Cholesterol is not a bad thing my friend. Check out www.spacedoc.net it's actually worse to have low, low cholesterol. I was on Statins for a few months and they really messed me up. It all comes down to inflammation...whatever you do, don't go on statins, they wreck your muscles.
    Amen to that. Not me personally but my GF. She was a total basket case because of statins. When she told her Dr. about the problems she was having he claimed it was because of her age. Long story short, she dumped the Dr. and the statins, changed her diet to cholosterol lowering foods, and is fine now.

kleraudio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love the American Whey Protein, but everyone here and even the websites selling it are saying it has 0mg of cholesterol.

Im looking at my tub right now and it says it has 30mg of cholesterol per scoop.

Just thought I'd share, I bought the tub about an hour ago, so maybe they have changed their formula in recent months....

Jim

Originally Posted by kleraudio View Post
    I love the American Whey Protein, but everyone here and even the websites selling it are saying it has 0mg of cholesterol.

Im looking at my tub right now and it says it has 30mg of cholesterol per scoop.

Just thought I'd share, I bought the tub about an hour ago, so maybe they have changed their formula in recent months....

Jim
    Hmm. Mine doesn't. I'll have to check the next tub I get.

huntersrose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Whey protein

Originally Posted by roehrigs01 View Post
    This information pertains to people with cholesterol around 200+:

I have naturally high cholesterol due to heredity and all the crap I use to eat before I started hard-charging in the gym. But, back last fall I started really eating clean and cutting out the bad foods. In January, I had my annual physical and came out with Cholesterol of 210 with HDL and LDL at not so good levels. Recently (May), I had a new check with Cholesterol of 205 and my HDL was 24... still bad!

Standards are Under 200 mg/dl for Cholesterol, HDL to be 40 mg/dl or Higher and LDL to be less than 100 mg/dl. The lower your LDL cholesterol, the lower your risk of heart attack and stroke. RDA of Cholesterol is 300mg a day.

Personally, although it has gone down 5 points in 5 months, I was hoping it would have been around 195 since I was eating clean. However, I discovered something that was a shock to me!!! Protein shakes do have cholesterol in it and not just a little bit, some have plenty...ranging from 0mg a serving to 100mg+ a serving for weight gainers type.

Now since I want to lower my cholesterol and also drink 2-3 protein shakes a day, a protein shake with high cholesterol isn't helping me at all!

Recent Protein shakes I have used:
    • Prolab N-Large II - Protein: 52 g, Cholesterol: 100 mg. (holy crap!)
    • Muscle Milk- Protein: 32 g, Cholesterol: 5 mg (good, but MM is expensive)
    • At Large Nutrition Nitrean- - Protein: 23 g, Cholesterol: 23 mg (could be better)
    • I was looking at getting ?EAS Premium Protein? from Costco next, but protein: 27g, Cholesterol: 80mg. (don't want this anymore)
    Usually I would double up on the servings each time to get me close to 50g of protein each shake? if I would do that with the EAS, that would put me at 160mg a shake( 480mg a day + whatever I get from regular food) I am thinking that would definitely make my total cholesterol go up!

Yesterday I ordered Dymazite Elite Whey: 23g protein and 5mg cholesterol per serving.. Read some good reviews on it and going to use that as my next protein shake as my current tub of Nitrean is almost gone?

I read that some cholesterol is vital to building muscle, but from now on, I am definitely going to keep an eye out for how much cholesterol is in my shakes and keep it so whatever cholesterol intake I do have is mainly coming from my actual food.

As for HDL & LDL, Remember high HDL is good, high LDL is bad!

What measures can be used to increase HDL/lower LDL levels? Ironically, these are also good for cutting fat and helping you towards you bb goals...
    • More Aerobic exercise.
    • Lose weight.
    • Stop smoking.
    • Cut out the trans fatty acids
    • Cut out Alcohol.
    • Increase the monounsaturated fats in your diet.
    • Add soluble fiber to your diet.
    Any other protein drinks out there you like and have low Cholesterol levels (-10mg per serving) in them?
    I use whey protein by UNJURY it is 0 cholesterol..3g sugar. Wonderful flavor..Vanilla, chocolate, chicken soup, strawberry and unflavored.
    I occasionally blend fruit in with the powder for a great shake. I mix the chicken soup with milk and it is just like creamed chicken soup without the meat..of course one could add chicken pieces.. Super product and the absolute best customer service I have ever had the experience to deal with.
    They sell trial packets Try it i think you will like it..NO cholesterol worries
    unjury.com

LEW