Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz

12 Weeks Out: Training

Monday- 5 sets each

A1. Deadlifts
    475 X 4, 4
    455 X 4
    405 X 4, 4

A2. Incline Bench Press
    225 X 4, 4
    205 X 4, 4
    185 X 4

B1. Weighted Pull-Up
    25 X 6, 5, 4, 4, 4

B2. Weighted Dips
    50 X 6, 5, 4, 4, 4

C1. Military Press
    135 X 6, 6, 6, 5, 4

C2. Barbell Shrug
    315 X 6, 4, 4
    225 X 6, 6 (I dropped this much purposely to do something, what that something is doesn't matter)

Workout Length: 65 minutes

Wow, today was intense. On deadlifts, as soon as I got that first rep, the next 3 were "easy". Everything else went up strong. I was surprised that I was am to maintain my strength/endurance through all 5 sets of each exercise. Must have been something I ate

AKA "The Ntimid8tor" superman101's Avatar
    superman101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know you superset, but after you do a set of A1 and A2, do you go back to A1 or take about 1 min rest? Just curious.
    Current Nutrition- Carb Cycling
    Current Training- TP-PT ( Tri-Phase Progressive Training)

Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com./showthread.php?s=&threadid=283314

My OLD Training Journal- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=255073

The obstacle is the path.

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    I do A1 rest about a minute, do a set of A2 rest about a minute, do a set of A1 etc.

Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    For how many years have you been training to have lifts like these, and why dont you use the flat bench any more(if theres a real reason)?

Now, I know i should have asked this in the diet section, but would you still use all the suplements in your current diet if you had to pay for them personaly? That is if their really as expensive as they seem to me.

I've been training heavy for 5 years.

Would I use all these supps if I had to pay for all of them? No, because I couldn't afford to. I'm in debt from paying for college as it is. If I had to choose, I would most likely just use whey with NitroJet and skip everything else.

I will be doing flat bench next week. I have primarily been focusing on incline presses to hit my upper pec (clavicular head) as it is my weak point.

Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    5 years, well that explains it. Thanks for the reply.

stevecc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Beast,

when you do 10x10 sec. sprints, what do you do during the 50 sec "rest" period? -- slow jog, or as in nothing?

and are there any marked differences if one completely rests or does a slow jog after the sprints?

thanks.
    19 years old, 5'9", 193 lbs.

I do the sprint, then during my rest, I slowly walk back to the starting point. Once back at the starting point, if there is any rest time left, I just stand there.

I you jogged during your rest, you most likely would not be able to go as fast for as long on the sprint portion of the interval. That is not bad depending on what you are trying to do.

Monday's Clean Cardio
    155 lbs- 20 X 3 (10 sec. rests)

Tuesday- 5 sets each
    A1. Squat
    425 X 3
    ***I most likely could have gotten 4 reps, but my training partner is taking this week off so I had no one to spot me. I didn't want to do anything stupid with 400+ pounds on my shoulders.
    405 X 4
    385 X 4
    365 X 4
    315 X 4
    What I was trying to do here was hit my highest weight, then after that just stimulate the muscles without burning out my CNS.

A2. Barbell Curl
    135 X 6, 6, 6, 5, 4

B1. Stiff Leg Deadlift
    345 X 4
    315X 4, 4, 4, 4

B2. Close Grip Bench
    225 X 6, 5, 4, 4, 4

C1. Donkey Calf Raise
    500 X 6, 6, 6, 4, 4

Workout Length: 65 Minutes.

I'm just glad it's over

nimrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

hi derek, a few qns abt deadlift...

1) R they done with strap or strapless?

2) Rest pause between each rep or continuous reps?

Once over 455, I started using straps. Reps are continuous.

Wednesday- Elliptical Sprints
    20 X 15 sec sprint/30 second active recovery (pedaling moederately)

strikeanywhere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was wondering if and when you are going to have an article written up about your workout program. I'm interested in seeing how your results have improved since doing MAX-OT. Thanks.

I am trying different things right now in my program. I will begin writing the scientific portion next week though.

Workout Maniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Beast, I remember asking you about your training style and you said you would write an article about it. Well I was wandering if it was HST if this question wasn't already answered, because of all this talk about the CNS and training the same body part more than once a week. Just wandering b/c I was thinking of giving HST a shot.
    "We are not put here to prove ourselves but to improve ourselves" by someone

I think HST is a solid program. With HST, you are trainng well below failure most of the time (and not to failure maybe except for the last workout of each rep range). The only thing you can do is give it a try.

Thursday- 8 Sets Each
    A1. Reverse Grip Bent Over Row
    225 X 6, 6, 5
    205 X 6, 6, 5
    185 X 6, 6

A2. Incline DB Press
    100 X 6, 5
    90 X 6, 5
    80 X 6, 5
    70 X 6, 5

B1. 1-Arm Pulldown
    100 X 9, 6
    90 X 9, 6
    80 X 9, 6
    70 X 9, 6

B2. Cable Cross Over
    100 X 9, 6
    90 X 9, 6
    80 X 9, 6
    70 X 9, 6

C1. Chain Lateral
    (30 X 6) X 8
    ***Not trying to go near failure here since I have clean cardio later today.

C2. Behind the Back Smith Shrugs
    235 X 9, 8, 7, 6, 6
    185 X 9, 8, 7
    ***It's all about technique, not the amount of weight.

D1. Bent Over Cable Lateral
    70 X 9, 8, 7, 6
    60 X 9, 8, 7, 6

D2. Incline DB Shrug
    70 X 9, 8, 7, 6, 6
    60 X 6, 6

Workout Length: 80 minutes
    A very brutual, but in a way enjoyable workout. I took an extra serving of GO today.
    1st Serving at 5:30 AM
    2nd Serving at 5:50 AM
    I think it helped

spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000)
    64 sets lol, thats awesome. Good work D

A1. Hack Squat
    (360 X 6) X 8

A2. Seated Calf Raise
    145 X 9, 8, 7, 6, 6, 6, 9, 8

B1. Leg Extension
    200 X 9, 8, 7, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4

B2. Slanted Calf Raise
    (300 X 6) X 8
    ***far from failure

C1. Single Leg Curl
    100 X 9, 9, 6
    76 X 9, 9, 6, 6, 6

C2. Machine Preacher Curl
    90 X 9, 6, 6
    75 X 9, 6, 6
    50 X 9, 9

D1. Seated Leg Curl
    120 X 9, 6
    100 X 9, 6
    80 X 9, 8, 7, 6

D2. V-Bar Pressdown
    90 X 9, 7, 6
    70 X 9, 6
    50 X 9, 8, 7

E1. 1-Arm Cable Hammer Curl
    70 X 9, 8, 7, 6
    50 X 9, 8, 7, 6

E2. 1-Arm Cable Pressdown
    50 X 9
    40 X 9, 8, 7, 6
    30 X 9, 8, 7

Workout Length: 85 minutes

This is the end of phase one of my contest prep. My training will change on Monday.

there are no shortcuts sword chucks's Avatar
    sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wow

8 sets of each... damn. That must be tough.

Are you going to kind of "taper" off with this same routine starting next week, or just begin new exercises next week?

Different plan of attack, but I'll be keeping most of the exercises the same.

there are no shortcuts sword chucks's Avatar
    sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Beast
    Different plan of attack, but I'll be keeping most of the exercises the same.
    Sounds good, I was just wondering.

Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Beast
    I do A1 rest about a minute, do a set of A2 rest about a minute, do a set of A1 etc.

That's pretty hardcore. Usually wait at least 2-3 minutes between heavy sets. Anyways, you know what your doing

Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    these workouts look great. Your clean cardio sessions look sick also. only 10 seconds rest with 155lbs ?

How do you feel about clean cardio so far?

Good luck and keep it up

Young

Future WWE Champion The Apocalypse's Avatar
    The Apocalypse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Apocalypse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Apocalypse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Apocalypse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Apocalypse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Apocalypse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Absolutely insane man. And yeah, I was always curious about the supplement thing because that seemed reallly expensive to me. Makes sense now. But yeah, those high volume workouts look like a lot of fun bro, keep it up and your looking like a BEAST.

I forgot to put Thursday's clean cardio:
    155 X 20 X 3 (10 sec rests)

I really like the clean cardio. I feel like I am getting a good "aerobic" workout and it is not boring.

The high volume workouts were kind of fun... in a sick and twisted way. The next 4 weeks should be interesting. I'm not sure how my current setup with pan out, but it shall be fun testing it out.