RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

RyDawg's Journal Yeeeehaaw

April 10, 2007 I started the CKD diet. Since then I have learned many things about the nutrition on Keto as well as some pretty cool meals (mmm like the yummy heavy wipping cream pudding stuff). At the time I started I weighed 225lbs and last week when i stepped onto the scale i was 213.9lbs. Not too bad for 3 weeks of dieting, even though it's most water weight. Other then that I already squeezed into an older pair of paints so I can say I'm enjoying this diet very much. I have not been keeping very good numbers on what I eat and do so i figured i would start this journal. I'll get some measurments soon.

Starting 04/10/07
    Height : 5'9
    Weight : 225lbs

Current 05/07/07
    Height : 5'9
    Weight : 213.9lbs

Goal
    Around 195lbs
    10% BF
    http://profiles.yahoo.com/rlspn88

"Experiencing this pain in my muscles and aching and going on and on is my challenge. The last three or four reps is what makes the muscles grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens. I have no fear of fainting. I do squats until I fall over and pass out. So what? It's not going to kill me. I wake up five minutes later and I'm OK. A lot of other athletes are afraid of this. So they don't pass out. They don't go on."

~Arnold Schwarzenegger

RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyDawg88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My carb up is usually from Sat afternoon until Sunday evening. So I dred Monday and Tuesday becuase for some reason I usually get a really bad headache when I wake up Tuesday, then around Tuesday afternoon I'm back in ketosis. Due to the headache, I may start doing a carb up every two weeks, then one week, then two weeks, then one week.

Here are my numbers so far today
    5/7/07

Total: 956
    Fat: 72 648 68%
    Sat: 29 261 27%
    Poly: 2 20 2%
    Mono: 20 176 18%
    Carbs: 3 13 1%
    Fiber: 0 0 0%
    Protein: 74 297 31%
    Alcohol: 0 0 0%

I didn't plan my meals grr...so it's a little low on veggies which I am going to get much of after work. My daily colorie intake is around 2500-2800 Cals and It's been working pretty well so far. If i have a very heave cardio day (been doing more moutain biking, last time i did 20 miles in one day) i'll up it to 3000 cals.

Also today at the gym I am starting Bill Starrs 5x5 routiene. Does anyone have experience with this on the keto diet?

"Experiencing this pain in my muscles and aching and going on and on is my challenge. The last three or four reps is what makes the muscles grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens. I have no fear of fainting. I do squats until I fall over and pass out. So what? It's not going to kill me. I wake up five minutes later and I'm OK. A lot of other athletes are afraid of this. So they don't pass out. They don't go on."

~Arnold Schwarzenegger

krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krismc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You look like you are already below 10% bf. Doing good, keep up the good work.

Workout went ok...I started the new 5x5 program and wasn't sure so i started out a little lighter expecially since i just started lifting again 3 weeks ago after over 3 years of not lifting.

Squat
    100x5, 125x5, 150x5, 175x5, 205x5

Bench
    90x5, 110x5, 135x5, 155x5, 175x5

Bent Over Row
    65x5, 80x5, 95x5, 110x5, 125x5

~Arnold Schwarzenegger

Thats my pic of 3 years ago back when i played football and baseball and just lifted whatever and ate whatever. Add about 30 lbs of mostly fat and thats what i look like now lol. 214lbs probably like 17% bf

~Arnold Schwarzenegger

Yesterday rode my mountain bike to the park which is about 3 1/2 miles away, did 16 laps around the park and rode it back home. I wish i knew how many total miles i rode.

Today's Food:

Breakfast
    2 Sausage patties

Snack
    2 String Cheese

Lunch
    Semi Big Caesar salad w/ bacon cheese
    Can of Tuna w/ Mayo

Snack
    Hamburger w/ cheese

Post W/O
    Can of Tuna w/ Mayo
    Celery, cucumbers

Dinner
    Hamburger w/cheese

~Arnold Schwarzenegger

Today will be my second day of the 5x5 workout.
    Wed - Light day (workout B)

Squat
    100x5, 125x5, 125x5, 150x5, 150x5

Incline Bench
    95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 155x5

Deadlifts
    145x5, 170x5, 200x5, 225x5

3 Sets of Sit Ups

~Arnold Schwarzenegger

Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm on for the ride, especially since your doing low reps like me. Good luck to ya!

Thanks homie...yeh i started off with lighter lifts though I didn't want to start off thinking i could lift what i did 3 years ago, but the 200 lb squat is pretty easy.

~Arnold Schwarzenegger

Well over the weekend I had a rather bad bad carb up. My g/f and I went to Ocean City to celebrate her birthday and I weighed myself today and I gained 8 lbs. I'm sure most water weight just like my regular carb up, but i usually only gain 4 lbs after my 36 hour carb up. I think I'm going to switch it up, it's easier for me to go in the morning b4 i go to work so i woke up at 5:30 and went early. My lifts went up new personal records which mean easily which makes me wonder if I started a little too light.

Squat
    100x5, 125x5, 150x5, 175x5, 205x5(PR)

Bench
    90x5, 110x5, 135x5, 155x5, 190x5 (PR)

Bent Over Rows
    65x5, 80x5, 95x5, 110x5, 135x5 (PR)

Didn't get back from the ocean until yesterday so hopefully I can get into ketosis by tomorrow afternoon. I'm also skipping this weekends carb up do to my horrible eating this past weekend.

~Arnold Schwarzenegger