40 days of pain and glory fiftyhann's Avatar
    fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bad Allergic Reaction to Ecdysterone!

I had a terrible allergic reaction after taking ecdysterone and methoxyflavone for a few days. I'm pretty sure the rash is from the ecdy, but I'm stopping both because neither seems worth it.

Reviews of these supplements report mostly negative results, and after I got the rash, I searched for info and found that others had gotten a rash from Ecdysterone as well.

I would NOT recommend ecdysterone, and similarly would not recommend methoxyflavone.

Here's a link to another thread where this was discussed recently:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=40879581

Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Which Ecdysterone product are you taking?

fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm just taking straight Ecdysterone from Sci-Fit.

Each capsule has 300mg of 20-Beta-Hydroxyecdysterone. The bottle recommends 2 capsules a day. I started with 2 capsules, 2 times a day, which would be 1.2 grams per day, which should be extremely tolerable.

I also took Sci-Fit Methoxyflavone.

Each capsule has 500mg of 5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone. The bottle recommends 2 capsules a day, which I followed, so I was taking in 1 gram per day.

This stack lasted for 4 days before I noticed a rash, but it came on pretty fast.

I should note that the effects of the rash are pretty bad. Even if I got really good gains with this, it wouldn't be worth it to me. I can't stop itching myself. My face, arms, shoulders, back and legs itch! Basically my whole body. The only visible part of the rash is on my back, but it looks like it might be spreading.

Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ... How can you be sure that it is the Ecdysterone and not the Methoxy? or any other variable for that matter.

Hmm... well I can't, I guess. I suspect it's the ecdysterone because I did a search and found that others had experienced similar allergic reactions to it.

Methoxy is supposedly anti-allergenic...

I don't have proof that it's the ecdy and not the methoxy, but I'm pretty sure it's one or the other, and I think it's most likely the ecdy, based on what I've read.

Originally Posted by fiftyhann View Post
    Hmm... well I can't, I guess. I suspect it's the ecdysterone because I did a search and found that others had experienced similar allergic reactions to it.

Methoxy is supposedly anti-allergenic...

I don't have proof that it's the ecdy and not the methoxy, but I'm pretty sure it's one or the other, and I think it's most likely the ecdy, based on what I've read.
    Hearsay... interesting method of arriving to a conclusion.

BoingoBoingoBoingoBoingo TinyMan's Avatar
    TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KingdomCome View Post
    ... How can you be sure that it is the Ecdysterone and not the Methoxy? or any other variable for that matter.
    That's where I'm caught up too - I can believe you got a rash, but I don't see how you concluded that it is one and not the other (given that they were taken at the same time). And by the way... 4 days is pretty premature to be making a call on a supplement . Ecdysterone certainly isn't going to do much in that timeframe, methoxy I don't know too much about, but I believe that the purpoted effects aren't normally 'noticed' that quickly.
    I remember being relevant.

OK, maybe I'm just freaking out because I've never had such a bad reaction to anything before. It can't be anything else because my diet and other supplements haven't changed at all.

I'm 99% sure it's either the Ecdy OR Methoxy.

A. I've read reports of people having allergic reactions to Ecdy.
    B. I can't find any reports of people reacting to Methoxy.
    C. Some "scientific" sources claim that Methoxy is anti-allergenic.

Make whatever conclusion you like from that. I'm interested in hearing any other explanations. Allergic reaction to Ecdy makes the most sense to me.

Originally Posted by fiftyhann View Post
    OK, maybe I'm just freaking out because I've never had such a bad reaction to anything before. It can't be anything else because my diet and other supplements haven't changed at all.

I'm 99% sure it's either the Ecdy OR Methoxy.

A. I've read reports of people having allergic reactions to Ecdy.
    B. I can't find any reports of people reacting to Methoxy.
    C. Some "scientific" sources claim that Methoxy is anti-allergenic.

Make whatever conclusion you like from that. I'm interested in hearing any other explanations. Allergic reaction to Ecdy makes the most sense to me.
    Get off Ecdy until rash goes away.

Then go on Ecdy(BY ITSELF) and see if you get a rash again.

Keep other variables the same.

Sounds like a good plan. I was actually looking forward to getting some positive results from the Ecdy, and I still have the rest of the bottle left...

I'm stopping both Ecdy and Methoxy until the rash goes away.

After a few days of no rash, I'll go back on just Ecdy, and we'll see what happens.

I'll post back here with the results.

Jstans117 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy

Bro I need your help! I’m literally on day 4 of the ecdysterone and the exact same thing has happened to me. I’m got a red pimply rash on my arms chest and neck. How long did it last and how did u make it go away ????

Unhappy Same thing

Bro I need your help! I’m literally on day 4 of the ecdysterone and the exact same thing has happened to me. I’m got a red pimply rash on my arms chest and neck. How long did it last and how did u make it go away ????

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There is no evidence of any effect of Ecdysterone in humans. So given that, I would stop taking it because chances are you are suffering a side effect for no good reason.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    There is no evidence of any effect of Ecdysterone in humans. So given that, I would stop taking it because chances are you are suffering a side effect for no good reason.
    Yea I know bro and it just doesn’t make sense to me. My assumption is that my body is allergic to the drug but that’s all I can think of. I haven’t been exposed to anything new except for this so I’m just gonna stop taking them

Immichaelski is a name known to all. (+5000) Immichaelski is a name known to all. (+5000) Immichaelski is a name known to all. (+5000) Immichaelski is a name known to all. (+5000) Immichaelski is a name known to all. (+5000) Immichaelski is a name known to all. (+5000) Immichaelski is a name known to all. (+5000) Immichaelski is a name known to all. (+5000) Immichaelski is a name known to all. (+5000) Immichaelski is a name known to all. (+5000) Immichaelski is a name known to all. (+5000)

Cool

I’m actually trying laxogenen right now. I have sone sort of allergic reaction to something but I don’t know what it is. I get red lines all over me and it looks like I’m whipped. It’s painful enough to end life but if you take loratadine it goes away easy. You can get them for 3 dollars at Walmart