uji-tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

running destroys leg muscles?

an article I read in the Men's Health, at my gym (after my training ofcourse ) said that if you run you muscle fibers will descrease itself, so it can be more efficient for running....is this true (not that I run alot, I was just planning to jog the next 2 weeks)

n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No, it will make them stronger. Maybe burn more calories but your just losing weight.
    Future Goals:

1. 180-185 LBS 8% BF
    2. Start boxing
    3. Canada Games (With a bodybuilders physique)

Flex Wheeler is the man.

Currently:
    1. 195 10% BF

iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000) iOse is just really nice. (+1000)
    yes u will lose 0.5 inches everytime you run...

zia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thats wat i have never heard of..

Hippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dude, thats and intresting post, ive neva heard bout that, its made me wonder y my legs decreased while i was doin a lot of running

AVOJAMACADA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AVOJAMACADA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AVOJAMACADA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AVOJAMACADA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AVOJAMACADA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AVOJAMACADA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AVOJAMACADA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AVOJAMACADA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AVOJAMACADA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AVOJAMACADA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AVOJAMACADA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well thanks foir bringin it up.Yuppers it WILL make your muscles smaller.I was a loooong disatnce(my mornin jog being 5kn-not to mention luch and dinner jogs) and I'll tell you I was a toothpick.It LL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT i GUESS.You'll get the endurance but not as much strenth.And likewise in getting your legs huge in the gym you'll NEVER be able to withstand the endurance of thoise skinny runners.Whatever your lookin for.I mix it both up.Balance is key here right.

So **** man good lkuck and play and hard.
    Best wishes and good luck.
    Habit is powerfull and custom can Kill.

Niceness FTW.

VEGhed #444.

CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I teach spin classes which are really hardcore cardio. Harder than running for me. And i've heard that people who run are usually good at cycling, and vice versa.

My legs haven't shrunk since i've been teaching, they've grown a little bit, but not a lot. BUT they hvae gotten a lot stronger in my leg workouts.

Location: Throw it up, hold it up, gun bust, 4 fingers up, two twisted in the middle with the thumb tuck
    Rodity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If muscles are trained to be more efiicient then they will be. Endurance training does nothing for size or strength training. Some people just train this way because they want to or need to.

If you plan on doing cardio on your feet and burn more fat as well as not worry about the size of your legs, sprint, don't do long distance.

ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been a long distance runner most of my life and I've always had massive calves. The thigh muscles are really hard to hold on though, my thigh muscles are naturally prominent but there is a reducing effect that the body goes through if you really are pounding the pavement and racking up 50+ miles a week.

However, it is possible to still have nicely muscular legs and be a pretty damn good distance runner, balance is the key and it won't happen overnight, its something that develops over years.

I used to have track season, after track season I would do swimming/light workouts to let my legs recover, hit the gym afterwards, do some hard workouts, get ready for soccer/basketball, I'd keep hitting the gym hard until mid-December and then start running long distances, building my base mileage for the next track season.

I would also begin doing lots of moderate-high difficulty hill workouts starting in September and continuing on until November, so my legs did get used to carrying the extra load. It takes effort, and common sense, such as a sensible rest periods, but it can be done.
    Russell Wilson, the first QB in NFL history to throw a game-winning interception.

"So you got fired again eh?" "Yeah, they always freak out when you leave the scene of an accident."

Spiders are like offensive linemen, the best ones do their job and you never notice them.

An obvious example of New Math.
    "It was a 2% tax hike, dumbass. From 3% to 5%"-NRKF84

Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100)
    perhaps its because you're expending so much calories more then you take in that your body turn to muscle as an energy source. Remember your body adapts when it's under stress, and since a lighter person can run faster i think the body naturally wants to reduce weights.

ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Feel Da Burn
    perhaps its because you're expending so much calories more then you take in that your body turn to muscle as an energy source. Remember your body adapts when it's under stress, and since a lighter person can run faster i think the body naturally wants to reduce weights.

Definitely, that is the bodies natural response when you are engaging in endurance exercise, however I've found that this can be undercut a bit if protein intake is increased. When I am running a lot, I am taking in more protein then when I am usually just working out. I've had good success with it in that I find that the muscle actually will remain more consistent and fat will end up being the first thing to go, which is a very good thing. A little muscle loss is always inevitable but it doesn't have to be a lot.

That is another reason why I usually try to push my bodyfat up a bit in the early winter months, November and December, to put on some weight, so when I start my long distance training, I have some excess fat that can be burnt off my body as I start my training.
    Russell Wilson, the first QB in NFL history to throw a game-winning interception.

"So you got fired again eh?" "Yeah, they always freak out when you leave the scene of an accident."

Spiders are like offensive linemen, the best ones do their job and you never notice them.

Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100) Feel Da Burn is not very well liked. (-100)
    Personally i hate running, i hate it hate it hate it. But atleast the track team seems more reasonable then high school wrestling. I mean who would work their ass off in the gym, then go in the bathroom and vomits so they can stay under the 135lbs weight class???? lmao ok dont flame me

Originally Posted by Feel Da Burn
    Personally i hate running, i hate it hate it hate it. But atleast the track team seems more reasonable then high school wrestling. I mean who would work their ass off in the gym, then go in the bathroom and vomits so they can stay under the 135lbs weight class???? lmao ok dont flame me

I did wrestling for a year in high-school, it was alright, but yea I didn't like the whole weight-shifting thing. I was always a chubby runner in track, and that is going by the usual track standards and not what someone in general considers "chubby."

I had broad shoulders and looked absolutely nothing like a distance runner. I never had any problems with it and I never wanted that really bony, skinny look, it doesn't work for me, my body isn't shaped in that way, I'm short, I have big feet, big calves, so other than looking kind of goofy, I'm more effective running with some power.

I've been running on my toes for most of my life and it has worked for me thus far, its kind of unusual and I guess difficult to do if someone has smaller feet, but mine have held up pretty well so far!

Let me tell you, I got some swoll-buff-a$$ toes.....lol

Opposing coaches would usually freak out like "NO WAY is he a distance runner!" Or occasionally I'd hear cries of "THEY GOT A DECOY IN THE RACE.....DON'T FOLLOW HIM!" The expressions on their faces when I came around the finish line in first place were even more priceless

nopal_juventus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nopal_juventus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nopal_juventus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nopal_juventus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nopal_juventus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nopal_juventus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nopal_juventus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nopal_juventus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nopal_juventus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well thanks foir bringin it up.Yuppers it WILL make your muscles smaller.I was a loooong disatnce(my mornin jog being 5kn-not to mention luch and dinner jogs) and I'll tell you I was a toothpick.It LL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT i GUESS.You'll get the endurance but not as much strenth.And likewise in getting your legs huge in the gym you'll NEVER be able to withstand the endurance of thoise skinny runners.Whatever your lookin for.I mix it both up.Balance is key here right.

So **** man good lkuck and play and hard.
    Best wishes and good luck.
    You mean like those soccer players that run for 90 minutes, usually between 10-15 miles during a game?

http://as.wn.com/i/b3/3fa34288927236.jpg

Skinny ass bitches.
    lifting for 13 months

height: 5'11
    weight: 175
    bf %: 11%
    deadlift: 355
    squat: 270 (estimate)
    OH squat:100 (damn, these are hard)
    1 arm d-bell snatch: around 85

Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by uji-tiger
    an article I read in the Men's Health, at my gym (after my training ofcourse ) said that if you run you muscle fibers will descrease itself, so it can be more efficient for running....is this true (not that I run alot, I was just planning to jog the next 2 weeks)
    Jogging will not tear down your leg muscles to any noticable degree. I run cross country, and i hardly loose any muscle in my legs (my chest is another story though )