Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Rooster sperm in my egg?

I read up on Fitnessmans egg thread and noticed he said fresh fertile eggs from free range chickens are our best friend.

So i called up a friend of mine that has free ranged chickens , and i mentioned the fertile part and he said...... QOUTE... You want rooster sperm in your eggs?

Can anyone explain the diffrence?
    Greater Knox BB 06 , 8 of 13 , Novice.

Battle At The River 07 , 5 of 7 , JMW

Greater Knox classic 07 , 8 of 9 JMW

Battle at the River 08 , 4 of 4 JMW Masters crossover

cage fight record 1-1
    1st fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEGcQZCtgV4

2nd fight vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6dZyZbUZc4

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thats pretty funny really.

Most people have eaten fertile eggs and not even know it.

The egg is fertile, this doesnt mean the egg is full of sperm!
    Psalm 121

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Re: Thats pretty funny really.

Originally posted by fitnessman
    Most people have eaten fertile eggs and not even know it.

The egg is fertile, this doesnt mean the egg is full of sperm!
    Besides, the sperm can't get through the egg shell.

Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The difference is whether the hen that produced the egg was bred by a rooster (fertilized egg) or not (unfertilized egg). Hens lay eggs whether they are bred or not. The eggs you buy form the grocery store are almost always unfertilized because commercial laying hens never even see a rooster.

There is no nutritional difference between fertile and unfertilized eggs and they taste the same.

If you really care, you can look at the egg yolk and tell if it's fertilized. There is a little white spot on the yolk (yellow center). If this white spot is irregular and opaque, it's unfertilized. If the white spot is round with well defined borders and a transparent center it's fertilized -- the white spot is the tiny future chicken.
    Last edited by vol; 04-19-2004 at 09:15 AM.

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Difference

Yes there is a HUGE difference in taste and nutritional value. Vol I raise chckens and have for some years now.

I have compared the two eggs at the university here. A cage free whole fertile egg is lower is sat fat. I will find results when time allows. I mean come on! Look at the yolks! An egg yolk should be orange NOT yellow!!

Also I should clarify: There is "some" Rooster sprem in a ferile egg, but not full of.
    Psalm 121

Eggs

Also the nutrient value depends greatly on feed.
    Psalm 121

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Considering the vermin droppings and insect parts that the gov't (OK, consider the source) allows in food for human consumption, pus in milk (allegedly, and the new bogeyman) and hormones and antibiotics in meats, I'd say rooster sperm is the least of our problems.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Chicks dig the long ball GreenAdam's Avatar
    GreenAdam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, officially cross eggs and milk off my approved diet list!

As far as the sperm goes, I need a little extra protein, but not THAT way!

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Roooster sperm, now that sounds appatising..........NOT !

Also the nutrient value depends greatly on feed.
    I thought all you hee-haws just fed your chickens corn feed of some kind. And knowing you fitty, not hormone enriched feed.

Don't tell me you feed them stale beer the way you do your beef........LOL........that may explain why you like your eggs almost as much as your beef.

-- Chi

More

Also a hen will produce fertile eggs for up to four weeks should the rooster die.

Fertile eggs have been an old timer bodybuilding secret for ages. Bill Pearl (IMO on of the greats) was a big advocate of them.

Of course the egg industry would not want you to think that there is no difference between fertile and non-fertile, oh but there is. My hens are feed lots of flax seed and really make for a nice egg.

Lets just not even talk about how nasty commercial egg farm is or how stressed those chickens are.

I have duck eggs as well.

Good one Minotaur
    Psalm 121

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Flax eating chickens.........now those are some healthy clucks.

Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000)
    either way, eggs are just plain ole liquid chickens..hahahahahaha

Gator
    Damn greens are like kryptonite this year !!!!

Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I also understand there are green and other colored egg shells from diffrent breeds of chickens.

I was most curious about the diffrence in fat , protien between fertile and non fertile eggs.
    But thanks for all the info.
    Greater Knox BB 06 , 8 of 13 , Novice.

Battle At The River 07 , 5 of 7 , JMW

Greater Knox classic 07 , 8 of 9 JMW

Battle at the River 08 , 4 of 4 JMW Masters crossover

cage fight record 1-1
    1st fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEGcQZCtgV4

2nd fight vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6dZyZbUZc4

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

So can't you just take a baby chicken and put it in a blender at hi speed and get the same thing?

vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fitnessman, thanks for your reply. I raise chickens too although I’m certainly not a poultry science expert.

But I would suggest that the difference in taste and nutritional value you mention are due to factors other than whether or not the egg is fertilized. You can’t use a comparison of free-range fertilized eggs to factory farmed unfertilized eggs because there are a lot of differences other than whether the egg is fertilized. Examples would be the feeding and overall health of the hen and usually genetic differences as well – these certainly will affect the taste and nutritional content.

But if you compare hens raised exactly the same and the *only* difference is whether the egg is fertilized, I don’t think there are any nutritional differences.

Of course I’ll concede the argument if you can find any objective data to the contrary.

Originally posted by vol
    Fitnessman, thanks for your reply. I raise chickens too although I’m certainly not a poultry science expert.
    But if you compare hens raised exactly the same and the *only* difference is whether the egg is fertilized, I don’t think there are any nutritional differences.
    The prime reason to have a rooster around is to keep the hens happy Happy hens produce better eggs. A rooster makes the hens feel protected, also less stressed.

Not hard science here, just nature

Maybe I will try that next time I am in between roosters. I can test the eggs to see what the unfertile test out to be. However I suspect it wont be a good without foghorn around.

I have a nutrition lab at work and can test foods there for the nutrient break downs.
    Psalm 121

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The eggs you buy form the grocery store are almost always unfertilized because commercial laying hens never even see a rooster.

I always thought that little white squiggly looking thing in the yolk was the start of a baby chicken. Sometimes it's shaped kind of like a fetus. LOL My sister stabbed an egg one time and it bled -- that wasn't a baby yicken? LOL

Someone told me that chicken feed included chicken parts. Is this true? Farmers don't turn chickens into cannibals do they? These things worry me.

Anyway, I just buy what I can get at the grocery store. I did notice at the grocery store on Sunday that they had eggs they said were all natural -- no hormones, etc. I didn't care.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

.........I am in between roosters.

What did you eat the Happy Camper ?

Poor Foghorn Leghorn .

He was so happy b4 that.........he had all those chickens to himself.......at least he died with a smile on his beak.

Chi

Nah, my new foghorn leghorn is doing well. Very happy, but loud guy! I tried two roosters for a bit, that went over poorly. Talk about cock fights! This one was the winner. Wont make that mistake again.

Hib, its best you dont know what goes on in the big chicken houses!! Hence my egg stance. Buy local, from a local farmer if possible.
    Psalm 121

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That made me think of something:

GOOO COCKS!!!
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000)
    here we go again...
    havent u learned yer lesson yet my dear ?? LOLOLOL

class will be in session in about 6 months or so..LOL

Gator
    Originally posted by Hibiscus09

GOOO COCKS!!!

Talking Standard statement following:

Another informative thread gone to the birds
    Psalm 121

I have a nutrition lab at work and can test foods there for the nutrient break downs.
    Cool, let me know what you find.

Someone told me that chicken feed included chicken parts. Is this true?
    It depends on what country you're in. In the US, this is allowed. In other countries, such as the UK, this practice was banned during the BSE (mad cow) problems.

class will be in session in about 6 months or so..LOL

Gator
    Sounds like insecurity to me! LOL Did you hear Lou is our quarterback now? LOLOL

Originally posted by Hibiscus09

GOOO COCKS!!!

LMAO

Hib, You never cease to amaze me. Therapy is available for that condition of yours.......LOL

INSANE !

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    I heard that fitty was injecting rooster sperm into the eggs of pro ballplayers.
    Now they're thinking of banning eggs.
    Quote "We'll show those eggsucking cheating bastards what we think of them"

I heard that studies have shown that athletes who drink water perform better than athletes who drink nothing and dehydrate.
    Quote "We'll ban water too, and show those hydrated cheating bastards what we think of them. The next thing you know there'll be water in SCHOOLS. We've got to PROTECT THE CHILDREN!!!"
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

LOL -- anger issues?

Originally posted by ctgblue
    I heard that fitty was injecting rooster sperm into the eggs of pro ballplayers.
    Now they're thinking of banning eggs.
    Quote "We'll show those eggsucking cheating bastards what we think of them"

I heard that studies have shown that athletes who drink water perform better than athletes who drink nothing and dehydrate.
    Quote "We'll ban water too, and show those hydrated cheating bastards what we think of them. The next thing you know there'll be water in SCHOOLS. We've got to PROTECT THE CHILDREN!!!"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psalm 121

if thats true then the whole friggin state needs to be in the looney bin..hahahahhaa

they just dont get it..and never will..whats the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and hoping to get a different outcome..

Gator
    Originally posted by Chi_town
    LMAO

Hib, You never cease to amaze me. Therapy is available for that condition of yours.......LOL ;)

INSANE ! :eek:

You're a peanut head.