Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    he wore straps AND hitched it!!

what a pussy!!

only kidding....amazing achievment

Registered User JustinStephan89's Avatar
    JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Marius deadlifts in much the same fashion and whos to argue with that form? Kevin Nee is a complete freak . Anyone know what he benches and squats?
    Powerlifting

ATG S - 370 - 335 x 4
    Bench- 280 - 255 x 3
    Deadlift-460 - 402 x 6
    Total - 1110

Olympic lifting

front squat - 257
    Clean - 242
    squat + Behind the neck jerk - 222
    C + J - 210

italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Was that the guy who had the show on MTVs true life? Looks familiar

Registered User JustinStephan89's Avatar
    JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea thats him, i kind of figured he wouldnt bench but because of his impressive pysique that i saw on true life i was curious.Its funny that in highschool he didnt wresle or play football but instead played basketball.
    Powerlifting

ATG S - 370 - 335 x 4
    Bench- 280 - 255 x 3
    Deadlift-460 - 402 x 6
    Total - 1110

Olympic lifting

front squat - 257
    Clean - 242
    squat + Behind the neck jerk - 222
    C + J - 210

^^Blocks out the Sun^^ ChickenLarge's Avatar
    ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by _Dominik_ View Post
    I disagree on the "you'd be stupid not to" part. You'd want it to be a last resort in a strongman meet. Never understood why anyone would want to take that risk in training.

Savickas pulling WR tire deads at the Arnold. No hitching.

994 in 2006
    1016 in 2007

Siders with a clean WR attempt.

989 in 2006

Koklyaev. No hitching.

705 x 9
    880 x 1

Forget the fact hitching looks like ****, those guys know it's not worth the risk.

I think it's a cop out when some people say it's necessary to lift heavy weights. I can see why guys do it in strongman with money and a podium finish on the line, but only as a last resort. I'm not taking anything away from Nee either because the guy is a freak whether he lifts with good form or not. I just can't understand why anyone would want to make it part of their lifting style.
    Slightly off topic: How much higher is that tire dead at the arnold than a standard bar?
    Man I consider my life nothing...If I could just finish the race, and complete the job the lord Jesus gave me....I live to tell the world his message...Romans 1:16... I'm not ashamed....I AINT ASHAMED!

I dont care if I die... As long as they have to bury me in a BIG freaking box.

I owe reps to:

Unregistered User NoNameNecessary's Avatar
    NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by De Haan View Post
    Fair enough, nothing but respect for Nee.

But how are the North-American strongmen making out compared to Europe??

(reason I'm asking cause it sounds like we have some ground to make up, no?????)
    While Europe certainly has a large margin presently, North America has made great strides in recent years and will continue to do so. Nee is only one of the many young, talented strongmen we have.
    Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
    -Proverbs 19:21

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ChickenLarge View Post
    Slightly off topic: How much higher is that tire dead at the arnold than a standard bar?
    I'm not sure exactly but the main difference seems to be the amount of whip in the bar because of its length (around 14ft).

If you watch the Savickas video you'll see all the tires leave the floor when the bar is around knee height, making it more like a rack pull. The bars used in the WPO where Bolton and Benni compete are also designed to whip but not to that degree.

So the key to success on that lift would be learning to work with the extreme whip. Savickas and Siders have obviously got it figured out (both pulling over 1000) whereas Benedikt Magnusson who's pulled more than all of them in PL (970) hasn't yet lifted more than 955.

81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by andyukguy View Post
    If he was lifting 300lbs with that technique would you be just as excited about it? It seems the weight he is pulling is causing you have to a blind spot for the horrible way in which he is getting the weight up.
    Umm yeah, this is Strongman. Just get it up any way you can. You get no extra points for being pretty.
    "If you want to be world class you must first act world class"

FatherOfThree is just really nice. (+1000) FatherOfThree is just really nice. (+1000) FatherOfThree is just really nice. (+1000) FatherOfThree is just really nice. (+1000) FatherOfThree is just really nice. (+1000) FatherOfThree is just really nice. (+1000) FatherOfThree is just really nice. (+1000) FatherOfThree is just really nice. (+1000) FatherOfThree is just really nice. (+1000) FatherOfThree is just really nice. (+1000) FatherOfThree is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm pretty sure Kevin Nee lifts more than me... but let me tell you something... back when I was his age... he still lifted more than me

Hitching or not.
    ---
    Living Well is the Best Revenge: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2539371

^^Blocks out the Sun^^ ChickenLarge's Avatar
    ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChickenLarge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by _Dominik_ View Post
    I'm not sure exactly but the main difference seems to be the amount of whip in the bar because of its length (around 14ft).

If you watch the Savickas video you'll see all the tires leave the floor when the bar is around knee height, making it more like a rack pull. The bars used in the WPO where Bolton and Benni compete are also designed to whip but not to that degree.

So the key to success on that lift would be learning to work with the extreme whip. Savickas and Siders have obviously got it figured out (both pulling over 1000) whereas Benedikt Magnusson who's pulled more than all of them in PL (970) hasn't yet lifted more than 955.
    Thanks. Yeah where Ort competes I think the apollons axle(sp?) has basically no whip at all. I saw beny only do 5 reps with 700somethin' because of how big and stout the bar was.
    Man I consider my life nothing...If I could just finish the race, and complete the job the lord Jesus gave me....I live to tell the world his message...Romans 1:16... I'm not ashamed....I AINT ASHAMED!

I dont care if I die... As long as they have to bury me in a BIG freaking box.

I owe reps to:

UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ChickenLarge View Post
    Thanks. Yeah where Ort competes I think the apollons axle(sp?) has basically no whip at all. I saw beny only do 5 reps with 700somethin' because of how big and stout the bar was.
    It's a night and day difference pulling with a DL bar and a bar that has little to no flex(Axle or thick bar). That said, Travis and the rest of the IFSA guys are some bad mofos (especially Travis 'cause he's from Texas )
    http://www.thewarehousegym.net/ - PL/SM gym on the South Side of Houston owned by Dr. Zach McVey

81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Republic of Texas baby!
    "If you want to be world class you must first act world class"

J_Mart2387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_Mart2387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_Mart2387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_Mart2387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_Mart2387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_Mart2387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_Mart2387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_Mart2387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_Mart2387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_Mart2387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) J_Mart2387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DJpler View Post
    i cant believe some of you are actually criticizing him......
    lol. And I know this is gonna sound completely stupid but I hadn't heard of the guy til I read this thread, but it would appear everyone has nothing but respect for him.