hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50)

bent over rows and lat pull down. ROM vs. weight

I find it hard for me to do lat pull downs all the way down to the chest.

if I use very strict form and go all the way, I have to use low weight. now normally I know this is the way to go, but when I do it, I don't feel like I'm getting a good workout, even if I go to failure. cause when I go to failure, I can still do more reps that aren't going down all the way.

the same applies to bent over rows. I have a weak back I guess, but I'm working on it.

thanks

invast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Back is one of the harder things to work, just keep going at it and you will eventually get into your grove. Also have you tried pullups and chins instead of pulldowns?

upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you do less weight and have perfect form almost all the wya that is good. then you start to do partial reps that is ok. it's just like forced reps with a spotter.
    mike

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you arn't having full rom then the weight is too heavy; lower it

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    go for the full rom and just build the poundage back up over time

upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by hyp3r3xt3nsion
    if you arn't having full rom then the weight is too heavy; lower it
    originally posted by tetsuo
    go for the full rom and just build the poundage back up over time
    bump.... mine is ok I guess because I said drop the weight but I don't know if you agree with the partial reps to failure :\
    mike

once I'm not able to get full rom, I just stop/lower the weight

btw, on chins/pulllups full rom is when bar comes to chin level or lower (pulldowns you should try for the majority of the sets to touch your upper chest)...jsut saying that since for some reason a lot seem to think that on c/p you have to touch your sternum all the time.

Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I stopped doing lat pulldowns. I wasn't getting much strength gain from them. I replaced them with a rotation of lat pullovers, bent over rows, and seated rows and have had great results.

hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hugoshi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you mean you do different ones each workout?

I've been doing lat pull downs, bent over rows, and deadlifts for my back workout.

so that hsould be ok right?

Originally posted by hugoshi
    you mean you do different ones each workout?

I've been doing lat pull downs, bent over rows, and deadlifts for my back workout.

so that hsould be ok right?
    replace pulldowns w/ chins/pullups

I cant' , I'm too fat and weak. I can do pullups if I use the assited machine, is that sitll better than pull downs?

RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    make sure you always go all the way dwon and use a full rom. Like said earlier if you cant the weight is to heavy. I would replace pulldowns with pullups also.
    Link to my journal.....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=359604

Stats=currently injured ankle

best lifts at 180

bench 225/10 275/2
    Deadlift 405/5 455/1
    Full oly style Squat 325 w/belt

Originally posted by hugoshi
    I cant' , I'm too fat and weak. I can do pullups if I use the assited machine, is that sitll better than pull downs?
    i would say assissted pullups BUT assissted w/ another person, not a machine- do as much of a pullup as you can, have somebody boost you up, then fight it on the way down. repeat. will build up strength for the mvoemennt.

Originally posted by hyp3r3xt3nsion
    i would say assissted pullups BUT assissted w/ another person, not a machine- do as much of a pullup as you can, have somebody boost you up, then fight it on the way down. repeat. will build up strength for the mvoemennt.
    bump

Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Smile Rows

Hi

I felt rows were better and pulldowns that followed didn't feel it
    I dropped pulldowns to see if rows were sufficient for my back
    I did
    3 sets 12 10 8
    And got a nice feel and pump and width

Cheers