Oops back to cutting PowerBuilder08's Avatar
    PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation Geoff's Keto Test

Well, here we go. I'm on a 6-week cut currently, so I figured that I would test keto out.

A lil info:

Height - 5'11
    Weight - 238 lbs.
    BF% - ~20%

A bit about my diet: I am doing more of a TKD diet as an athlete, I'm way too scared to give CKD a try this go around. If TKD works well enough, I'll give CKD a go next time. I will be doing 55% fat, 30% protein, and 15% carbs. Going off of estimating my lean body mass to be 190 lbs., I will be taking in 190 grams of protein per day, 182 grams of fat per day, and 95 grams of carbohydrates per day roughly. Carb-ups will be done on Friday afternoon through Saturday evenings. I know the carbs are a touch high, but I need to focus extremely hard on not losing strength, as that would end up in my death. If these 6 weeks work out for me, I will be doing CKD next time around, which will probably be in late November/early December. That said, if I begin on this and the strength losses are bigger than I can ignore, I will be getting off of it.

My lifting:
    Currently allowing my body down time to rest the muscles and help some nagging pulls in my upper body. For the next two weeks I am lifting twice a week, with Monday being a push day, and Thursday being a pull day. After these two weeks I will be lifting 4 days a week.

My conditioning:
    Currently conditioning 5 days a week, usually on the eliptical or stationary bike to rest the joints and my shins. I will do this for this week and next week, after that I will be conditioning 6 days a week.

Goals - Pretty simple really, drop the weight and maintain the strength.

I will leave what I ate later on tonight.
    U.S. Army Veteran

B.A. Kinesiology

Powerlifting Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175783781

xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtrell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds like a good plan for an athlete. Do you play football?
    we sacrifice.

PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xtrell View Post
    Sounds like a good plan for an athlete. Do you play football?
    Sure do...wouldn't mind getting the bf% down to help for speed, that's for damn sure
    U.S. Army Veteran

B.A. Kinesiology

I shoot people like you.. The Director's Avatar
    The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by acbrits08 View Post
    Sure do...wouldn't mind getting the bf% down to help for speed, that's for damn sure
    Thats the plan for all..I'm sitting on 23% at 196, hate it. Gotta get down to 12 by the end of the year.

EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile speed work

since you don't cover opponents on a treadmill or bike,i suggest
    speed work,and plyometrics to help cut body fat. speed kills....
    football players today are fast ,and agile. set up 20-30 yd marks
    and sprint 20-30 yds...walk back 20-30 yds sprint again....10 sprints
    balls to wall,daily.....next find a steep hill....sprint up....walk down
    10 times daily.....box hops for plyometrics 20 reps as fast as you can
    rest 3 min 20 more....get the picture.....your strength and conditioning
    coach should have ideas to help you succeed......DAVE
    "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER"
    I LIKE THE CAP LOCK...DO YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH IT!!!!

Originally Posted by EYE FOR DETAIL View Post
    since you don't cover opponents on a treadmill or bike,i suggest
    speed work,and plyometrics to help cut body fat. speed kills....
    football players today are fast ,and agile. set up 20-30 yd marks
    and sprint 20-30 yds...walk back 20-30 yds sprint again....10 sprints
    balls to wall,daily.....next find a steep hill....sprint up....walk down
    10 times daily.....box hops for plyometrics 20 reps as fast as you can
    rest 3 min 20 more....get the picture.....your strength and conditioning
    coach should have ideas to help you succeed......DAVE
    Thanks Dave Don't worry, speed work's included later on...right now I'm just giving my joints a rest, I dunno how much more of these beatings my body can take
    U.S. Army Veteran

B.A. Kinesiology

EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

i played rugby for 11 yrs i know
    "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER"
    I LIKE THE CAP LOCK...DO YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH IT!!!!

ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck! I'm sure your on-field performance will benefit from dropping some fat!

What position you play?
    Obtaining knowledge is half the battle, knowing how to apply said knowledge is the other half. Executing is the simplest part of success when you have a plan based on sensible well informed choices.

Originally Posted by ronz0r View Post
    Good luck! I'm sure your on-field performance will benefit from dropping some fat!

What position you play?
    Hey, I play on the defensive line, thanks

I should update something eventually, I've been insanely busy and didn't eat extremely well today, but alas.
    U.S. Army Veteran

B.A. Kinesiology

ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It happens...I've been crazy busy. I post a good bit on here...but ive had like 8 projects/tests this week...one more thing tomorrow. I get to conduct a band for the first time. I'm pumped! lol

Dline, If you keep your strength...and lose some fat...do you think your position would change? 200lbs is light for a lineman.
    Obtaining knowledge is half the battle, knowing how to apply said knowledge is the other half. Executing is the simplest part of success when you have a plan based on sensible well informed choices.

Well, I plan on going no farther down than 220 to be honest, and I have a planned bulk right after it before a few weeks of maintaining the weight before season. I'm guessing I will be playing at 225-230. It's Division III too, so while it is undersized, it's still do-able.
    U.S. Army Veteran

B.A. Kinesiology

yea thats cool. If you have good quickness/technique you could play at 230..which I'm assuming you do

I apologize for not updating most of the week, it is our exam/hell week and I have been extremely busy, I will give a quick rundown of what went on over the week.

Monday - Lifted and ran, had not started keto yet.
    Tuesday - Ran, first day on keto, 83g carbs
    Wednesday - Ran, 90g carbs
    Thursday - Lifted and ran, 78g carbs
    Friday - Ran, 88g carbs
    Saturday - Carb reload

I've done fairly well so far...I have been getting fairly bad brain fog from this, so I did a carb reload on Saturday since I had an exam at 7 p.m., today I will be doing normal keto, and tomorrow I am planning on doing another carb reload since I have an exam Tuesday at 8 a.m.

Questions, comments, leave one
    U.S. Army Veteran

B.A. Kinesiology

instead of a reload, just have a nice meal of carbs before hand?

Just a thought. Good luck on your exams!

Originally Posted by ronz0r View Post
    instead of a reload, just have a nice meal of carbs before hand?

Just a thought. Good luck on your exams!
    Thanks Ya know, I did think about that, but I have a rough time studying too when I have the brain fog, so I'm going to go with a minor reload, not a full one just enough to keep me from losing focus.
    U.S. Army Veteran

B.A. Kinesiology

Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just switched over to TKD pretty much it's a 50 fat 40 protein 10 carb ratio 4 days in I feel great. Let the fun begin! O yeah Subbed.