Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I don't want to be a fatty!

So this is my 3rd week bulking and like many noobs who are giving 100% into this big change and trying to do everything right (and spending a lot of time on this forum) I'm not sure if everything is going perfectly.

I am trying to gain as little fat as possible, and monitor my cals whilst eating at a surplus. I haven't figured out the exact amount I should be eating because I can't put a figure on my energy expenditure, so I have been playing it by ear and monitoring the scales.

I can't really tell if Ive put weight on because my old scales broke a week in so I had to replace them, and there was some fluctuation, (I started at 162.5lbs, then a week later Im 165.2, a few days after that 163 and then 162.4 a few days after that) however, my trousers constantly feel tighter at the waist. Is this normal? Im already a bit 'skinny fat' and butting on extra fat around the belly is my worst nightmare!

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Weight fluctuates. There's no point weighing yourself too often.

It sounds like you're a little too scared of any fat gain, it's inevitable that you'll gain a little. Just make sure you're not gaining significantly more than 2-3lbs per month and you'll be fine.

Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bisto81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MrBillson View Post
    Weight fluctuates. There's no point weighing yourself too often.

It sounds like you're a little too scared of any fat gain, it's inevitable that you'll gain a little. Just make sure you're not gaining significantly more than 2-3lbs per month and you'll be fine.
    I was weighing myself once a week but the fluctuations were too big for me to get an accurate picture of how I am progressing. I decided that weighing every day and then taking the average would be best.

You're right, I am scared of fat gain, and I do expect some, but I'd rather not have to buy new trousers.

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bisto81 View Post
    I was weighing myself once a week but the fluctuations were too big for me to get an accurate picture of how I am progressing. I decided that weighing every day and then taking the average would be best.

You're right, I am scared of fat gain, and I do expect some, but I'd rather not have to buy new trousers.
    I would go the other way. I only weigh myself every 1-2 months.

If you can accidentally get fat enough to warrant buying new trousers then the ones you're buying now are too tight.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

If you can accidentally get fat enough to warrant buying new trousers then the ones you're buying now are too tight.
    i like the once/week thing. i step on the scale more often, but i only record once a week. i would think everyday would be too annoying. try using bodyspace, you can set your weight on the side bar and whenever you're worried you can check the chart to see how your weight has been progressing.

maybe try every few days?
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

Im at 34 inch waist trousers which are absolutely fine some days, but others just feel a bit tight. 36 inch waist would be massive and look ridiculous

reemslaw is not very well liked. (-100) reemslaw is not very well liked. (-100) reemslaw is not very well liked. (-100) reemslaw is not very well liked. (-100) reemslaw is not very well liked. (-100) reemslaw is not very well liked. (-100) reemslaw is not very well liked. (-100) reemslaw is not very well liked. (-100) reemslaw is not very well liked. (-100) reemslaw is not very well liked. (-100) reemslaw is not very well liked. (-100)
    Is it possible you aren't drinking enough water on some days but are on others? You could be bloated due to water retention.

Originally Posted by reemslaw View Post
    Is it possible you aren't drinking enough water on some days but are on others? You could be bloated due to water retention.
    How does that work?

ConquerBSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When Bulking, don't weigh yourself to count your progress. Your progress should be based on how much size you've put on but don't get it mixed up with the idea where you can just eat like 10 Big Macs a day. To help you out a little more with your question, are you doing a dirty bulk or a clean bulk?

Originally Posted by ConquerBSM View Post
    When Bulking, don't weigh yourself to count your progress. Your progress should be based on how much size you've put on but don't get it mixed up with the idea where you can just eat like 10 Big Macs a day. To help you out a little more with your question, are you doing a dirty bulk or a clean bulk?
    Im not sure about the term. Some people on here deem it differently to others. My TDEE is 2300 so Im eating at 2600. All whole foods, healthy fats. Is that what you mean?

daniel0687 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am the exact same as you man.
    On my first bulk atm (lean bulk) and currently on my 5th week.

My weight fluctuates a LOT every week, i keep track, but i pay more attention to what i see in the mirror.
    I think its a lot easier to judge if you are gaining fat from what you see, than the scales.

I just take advice from what i read on here, stick to your current cals and check yourself in the mirror in a month or so and if you are gaining too much fat, cut back the cals.
    Thats what im doing