Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000)
    did you know that only specific foods make you fat, and protein either is or is not one of them?

predsfan215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xucardsfan08 View Post
    A calorie is a calorie no matter where it comes from. It just happens fat is 9 Calories per gram while protein is only 4 Calories per gram.
    Totally false. The body (in general) and its metabolic pathways(meaning both anabolism and catabolism) are designed to use calories in a certain order. The body uses pure sugar firts (except hfcs because its the devil) then carbs, then fat, then protein. Thats why a balanced diet is important when losing weight so the body uses the protein for repair and the carbs and fats, both that you eat and have stored, for energy.

eneyman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eneyman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eneyman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eneyman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eneyman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eneyman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eneyman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eneyman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eneyman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eneyman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eneyman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    when I decided to lose alot of weight and stop being a lard ass, I went through 2 5lb tubs of whey and lost 40lbs (while dieting and on EC of course)

so no, whey/protein will not make you fat.. but it can help speed up your metabolism while preserving and building muscle.

dchris1430 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by nightmaster View Post
    so many people here are misinformed. Protein is made of Amino Acids.
    At molecular level amino acids = an amine group, a carboxylic acid group and a side chain
    your body will ONLY accept the protein it needs ...any excess protein (toxic for body) is washed out of your system immediately

This happens by breaking down the protein molecule into its parts amine group, a carboxylic acid group and a side chain

Toxic like amine group and other elements are excreted in your urine while carbon chains are used as source of energy and stored as FAT. Our bodies are designed in such a way that we capture maximum amount of energy as possible....thats why our stomach absorbs all the sugar it is provided regardless of the blood sugar content (risk for diabetic person)...and no sugar is excreted in urine for normal person.

SO if your protein intake exceeds your exercise then you will GAIN fat
    if you take protein at the wrong time of the day you will GAIN fat

protein is the key for muscle gain but it can be bad if you don't use it correctly
    what the hell kinda crap was that?....taking protein at the wrong makes you gain fat...man don't listen to any crap like that...you need protein in order for your muscle to recover fast...whey protein is the greatest source of protein with low calorie and fat...therefore it is best recommended to take...however you have to include it in your daily calorie intake...don't add it as a surplus or else you will gain weight just as anything else...weight gain isn't a matter of healthy eating or not...it's simple...you take more calorie than you should well you will gain weight...

King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So how do you make protein not turn into fat? How much exercise u need?
    Sig line can't be a novel

ucangler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry for the thread nechromancy but some of the things said in this thread are so off its ridiculous. I have to clarify for people:

Per biochemist here are somethings to make it clear:

1) Calories are not the same.
    Calorie is defined as the amount of energy than can increase 1 ml of water 1 degree C.
    That is it. Calories are not the same all around. I can eat a serving of fiber equal to 3,500 calories and will not gain one single pound. In fact, I would prolly loose calories in trying to digest something that the human body cannot metabolize. Sure, the fiber has lots of calories if i set it on fire and use it as fuel with enough energy to bring my cup of water to boil...just because it is a calorie doesnt make it the same as other calories. it depends on what the calorie is made of and how it is metabolized in the body and what stresses your body is going through at the time of consumption. Protein calories are in the same boat and the molecular structure is not the same as the carbs(glucose) and fat(glycerides)which are made up of Hydrogen and Carbon chains. That is what our bodies use for energy chains of Hydrogen and Carbon in the forms of carbs and fats. Protein are not chains of hydrogen and carbon but chains of amino acids that contain a Nitrogen group, a Carboxyl group, and a given R group depending on the amino acid. Your body would have to remove the Nitrogen group, remove the R group, take the Carboxyl group break that down and connected it with other Carbon and Hydrogen molecules to make it into a Carb(glucose) where it is immediatly burned because that pathway is for emergencies and will unlikely lead to excess glucose to be changed into chains of fat and stored in the body.

2) The pathway for protien to become fat is not efficient in the human body and almost very rarely happens unless under starvation and even then it will be more likely that your body is burning your actual muscle, heart, organs and other forms of protein to keep from death. The use of protein into energy is so not efficient that it is considered negative calories but only done if preventing death.

3) All protein will be broken down into amino acids and used by the body for cellular maintenance. Excess amino acids will be excreted through urine and eating excess protein must be accompanied with drinking extra water or protein poisoning can occur which will destroy your kidneys.

I hope this clarifies all your questions. The reason people can get fat off protein is because foods high in protein are high in fat like steak. If your eating pure whey protein with no carbs and no fat you are more likely to urinate the excess protein and get protein poisoning than have your body turn it into fat just because its a calorie...that is a ridiculous statement.

So in summary, eating pure protein will make you urniate it out and is more likely to get you protein poisoning than be turned into a simple sugar then turned into a fatty acid then transported to a fat cell. It just wastes too much energy doing all those things to be stored as fat. It is not effecient for the body to do and it will not choose that path unless forced to do so which is very rare.

hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    nope. it does not make you fat. whey protein is just pure protein. protein does not turn into fat. carbs and fats can turn into fat if you do not use it as energy, but not protein, no matter what your goal is, loose weight or gain muslce, you need lots of protein, if anything, protein is way more important for people who are trying to lose weight, cause most of those people arent eating right, they think by not eating at all or eat less is making them lose weight, but if anything, it is eating away at their muscles and bonesa and other crap is being stored as fat right away, so you do need to eat. and protein is important, very important.
    Srsly bro, plz go.

Protein also holds calories; excess calories turn into fat. Anything can turn into fat if you go over your daily calorie mantainance. If you want to loose weight you have to go under your calorie mantainance. Just try to eat enough protein.

EDIT: Bro give a source to support your information, if not its pure broscience. Protein can turn into fat.

ucangler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hotsaucexdo View Post
    Srsly bro, plz go.

Protein also holds calories; excess calories turn into fat. Anything can turn into fat if you go over your daily calorie mantainance. If you want to loose weight you have to go under your calorie mantainance. Just try to eat enough protein.

EDIT: Bro give a source to support your information, if not its pure broscience. Protein can turn into fat.
    again did you just read what i wrote. excess calories does not always turn to fat you have to look at the type of calorie. I can eat 10 servings of my wooden desk made of cellulose with about 10000 calories. I will not get fat 100% because the body cannot use cellulose calories.

Again a calorie is a unit of energy that is it. The amount of energy it takes to raise 1ml of water 1 degree C. Paper has calories, you can burn it. Clothes has calories you can burn it. All organic matter has calories.

4 gallons of gasoline contains 41000 calories enough calories and energy to raise 1 ml of water by 1 degree 41000 times. But if you drink those 41000 calories are you going to get fat?

gojiberryman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by sanjm23 View Post
    Hello, I have a question regarding whey Protein. Does it make you fat? Is it the same as whey gainer?

I am overweight and since I started exercising and dieting I gained another 10 lbs which have not come off yet. The only supplements I use besides vitamins and fiber is whey protein. I take 31g a day w water. I was told I was gaining and not loosing weight bec of the whey protein. Is this true? I used to take Hydroxycut Hardcore but did not really do anything for me so I stopped. Is Glutamine recommended for me?

My goal is to loose fat and build lean muscle. Thanks for any replies and sorry if I am in the wrong thread.
    You need to incorporate fish oil into your daily diet. Protein of any type will put both muscular and fatty pounds on you. This is where fish oil in particular is very important for everyone. Do the research yourself.

mallobeeee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FunkymonkAW View Post
    There are calories in protein.
    You need to take in less calories than your body burns.

How do you know how many calories your body burns?

heyjace80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

incomplete protein

Originally Posted by xucardsfan08 View Post
    On a relative side note, on my protein powder (Optimum Nutrition), it contains the following warning: "For a supplement only. Do not use for weight reduction."
    Maybe they intend this so people don't use this as their primary source of food and live off protein powders, ignoring other nutrients.
    It's probably an incomplete protein. although whey comes from milk which is an animal derived protein so it should be complete but probably just covering their butts. there are 21 essential proteins and if you don't get them all on a regular basis you can die from it.

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by heyjace80 View Post
    It's probably an incomplete protein. although whey comes from milk which is an animal derived protein so it should be complete but probably just covering their butts. there are 21 essential proteins and if you don't get them all on a regular basis you can die from it.
    Strong first post. Try not to bump threads from 2007.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by heyjace80 View Post
    Are you a vatican warlock?

sasha481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sasha481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sasha481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sasha481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sasha481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sasha481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sasha481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sasha481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sasha481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sasha481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sasha481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by grapemaster View Post
    uhh protein can turn into fat too...as will any excess calories.
    This

stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well it wont make you fat directly but just know it is still nutrients/calories.. its very pure protein, but it can add up.. just like most of the guys on here said i wouldnt be concerned over it.
    Teen until October 17, 2011.
    Offseason weight: 245
    Stage weight: 205
    Height: 5'11

Tell me i cant do it, and il prove you wrong.

ElliMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

fascinating.

Originally Posted by ucangler View Post
    Sorry for the thread nechromancy but some of the things said in this thread are so off its ridiculous. I have to clarify for people:

Per biochemist here are somethings to make it clear:

1) Calories are not the same.
    Calorie is defined as the amount of energy than can increase 1 ml of water 1 degree C.
    That is it. Calories are not the same all around. I can eat a serving of fiber equal to 3,500 calories and will not gain one single pound. In fact, I would prolly loose calories in trying to digest something that the human body cannot metabolize. Sure, the fiber has lots of calories if i set it on fire and use it as fuel with enough energy to bring my cup of water to boil...just because it is a calorie doesnt make it the same as other calories. it depends on what the calorie is made of and how it is metabolized in the body and what stresses your body is going through at the time of consumption. Protein calories are in the same boat and the molecular structure is not the same as the carbs(glucose) and fat(glycerides)which are made up of Hydrogen and Carbon chains. That is what our bodies use for energy chains of Hydrogen and Carbon in the forms of carbs and fats. Protein are not chains of hydrogen and carbon but chains of amino acids that contain a Nitrogen group, a Carboxyl group, and a given R group depending on the amino acid. Your body would have to remove the Nitrogen group, remove the R group, take the Carboxyl group break that down and connected it with other Carbon and Hydrogen molecules to make it into a Carb(glucose) where it is immediatly burned because that pathway is for emergencies and will unlikely lead to excess glucose to be changed into chains of fat and stored in the body.

2) The pathway for protien to become fat is not efficient in the human body and almost very rarely happens unless under starvation and even then it will be more likely that your body is burning your actual muscle, heart, organs and other forms of protein to keep from death. The use of protein into energy is so not efficient that it is considered negative calories but only done if preventing death.

3) All protein will be broken down into amino acids and used by the body for cellular maintenance. Excess amino acids will be excreted through urine and eating excess protein must be accompanied with drinking extra water or protein poisoning can occur which will destroy your kidneys.

I hope this clarifies all your questions. The reason people can get fat off protein is because foods high in protein are high in fat like steak. If your eating pure whey protein with no carbs and no fat you are more likely to urinate the excess protein and get protein poisoning than have your body turn it into fat just because its a calorie...that is a ridiculous statement.

So in summary, eating pure protein will make you urniate it out and is more likely to get you protein poisoning than be turned into a simple sugar then turned into a fatty acid then transported to a fat cell. It just wastes too much energy doing all those things to be stored as fat. It is not effecient for the body to do and it will not choose that path unless forced to do so which is very rare.
    Likewise, sorry to necrobump:

I found this thread on a google search regarding the same question. I felt compelled to say FINALLY I've run across something I understand. Too bad the following posts didn't seem to bother reading it. You may never see it, but thanks for that post.

On a limb:
    It's easy to blame protein for weight gain. Especially when that's the new factor to the equation. However, if your body is maintaining by using protein (even incorrectly), then wouldn't it use the OTHER - non proteins - as fat instead? So then, the key would be to take in the appropriate amount of protein WHILE monitoring the other macro-nutrients... in the sense of not having excess to store. I forget sometimes that outside my cardio and weight training (my goal is also to lose fat and build muscle but have the same problem as the original poster) my life is fairly sedentary (because of that I take in roughly 800 calories/day, which is probably bad now that I think about it) - I'm currently unemployed (between jobs), live alone, have almost no support group, and deal with depression because of it. I win the battles to go out and exercise (gym, hike, lift weights at home even), but once that's done, I'm indoors and that's it. I'll admit this in case others like me are afraid to. It's not hard to exercise. I like doing it. It's hard to stay focused and not give up when constantly asking "what's the point, I'm just gaining weight". Building muscle is fun. Losing fat... not so much. Having those goals and failing... extra hard.

one foot in front of the other.. I haven't given up entirely and the more I learn, the better equipped I will be to one day succeed.

dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This thread has been necro'd in 2009, 2010 and now 2012..... If you're "just gaining weight" when attempting to cut, eat less or workout more.

Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking Whey made me gain weight

I don't mean to criticize or challenge anyone's previous replies to this thread but I believe taking whey protein powder made me gain extra belly fat. BUT I have read many studies saying this isnt so. Switching to other sources and comig back to whey proved (for my body) that whey puts fat (on my body). Remember, everyone's body is different, scientists discover new things about our bodies every day. I dropped a lot of weight circuit training and NOT drinking protein shakes. period. Just ate a high protein meal after. Trust me, if your primary goal is weight loss, you don't need to be drinking shakes. Circuit train and eat a clean diet. Look into "paleo" eating. Im cutting fat and building muscle with intense calisthenics, some strength weight lifting, martial arts, and paldo eating. Hope I helped!

Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Kevisthenics View Post
    I don't mean to criticize or challenge anyone's previous replies to this thread but I believe taking whey protein powder made me gain extra belly fat. BUT I have read many studies saying this isnt so. Switching to other sources and comig back to whey proved (for my body) that whey puts fat (on my body). Remember, everyone's body is different, scientists discover new things about our bodies every day. I dropped a lot of weight circuit training and NOT drinking protein shakes. period. Just ate a high protein meal after. Trust me, if your primary goal is weight loss, you don't need to be drinking shakes. Circuit train and eat a clean diet. Look into "paleo" eating. Im cutting fat and building muscle with intense calisthenics, some strength weight lifting, martial arts, and paldo eating. Hope I helped!

RED like the paleo earth you walk upon.

layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Kevisthenics View Post
    You, literally, have absolutely no f*cking clue what makes someone gain or lose weight, and I seriously urge you to read the stickies before you post again. Practically every single point you made, was wrong, so please don't offer advice until you know what you're talking about...it's unfair to noobs.

Now BUMP on a paleo forum please instead; they'll love the stuff you just spouted.
    "Never attempt to train yourself into a caloric deficit. Don't spend hours on the treadmill. Diet comes first, cardio second. The dumbest fat loss strategy ever devised is used by people that wake up early in the morning before going to work to do cardio and follow that up with "recovery shake." Congratulations, you just wasted two hours of your life." Martin Berkhan

Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevisthenics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by layarph View Post
    You, literally, have absolutely no f*cking clue what makes someone gain or lose weight, and I seriously urge you to read the stickies before you post again. Practically every single point you made, was wrong, so please don't offer advice until you know what you're talking about...it's unfair to noobs.

Now BUMP on a paleo forum please instead; they'll love the stuff you just spouted.
    Not trying to start a debate. If what you are doing for your diet is working for you, that's great. But I've trained and created nutritional plans for myself and others and saw great results. The original poster just wanted insight on something and I just gave him mine, just like the rest of the us

Hello, I have a question regarding whey Protein. Does it make you fat? Is it the same as whey gainer?

I am overweight and since I started exercising and dieting I gained another 10 lbs which have not come off yet. The only supplements I use besides vitamins and fiber is whey protein. I take 31g a day w water. I was told I was gaining and not loosing weight bec of the whey protein. Is this true? I used to take Hydroxycut Hardcore but did not really do anything for me so I stopped. Is Glutamine recommended for me?

My goal is to loose fat and build lean muscle. Thanks for any replies and sorry if I am in the wrong thread.
    Try more cardio! If you can, look into HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). It helped me lose a lot of body fat but preserved my muscle mass. Eat more fiber (except right after workouts) and sleep 7-8 hours a night if you can! Lack of sleep boosts cortisol levels (a stress hormone that can produce more fat). Try this cardio routine 1x a week for two weeks to get used to it. Then 2x a week for 3 weeks and then bump up to at least 3-4x a week.
    Beginner HIIT:
    5 min warm up jog on treadmill
    30 seconds sprint (70-90% heart rate)
    90 seconds jog
    ^for 20-25 minutes
    5 minute cool down

5-8 small meals a day. Whole grain, veggies, lean protein. Super basic. At least 1 gallon of water a day (if I can)
    I'm naturally a chubby guy but shredded down 30 lbs and bulked up 10 lbs of lean mass afterwards
    Best of luck!

Mike5719 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whey Protein - track.moreniche.com/hit.php?w=168081&s=219&a=12900
    the order arrived last week no problems, the effect well

Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000)
    An excess of calories makes you gain weight. I take 2 scoops of whey protein a day and helps me gain muscle weight.

momof3kidos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey Protein

***I've read where some body types can have an adverse reaction to Whey Protein causing your insulin level to spike....to the tune of triple the amount!! Hence, causing you not to lose weight, or even gain weight. The same thing happened to me, which is why I looked in to this. I'm doing Wheat Belly, written by Dr Davis and he explains it on his blog. Very interesting stuff. I've since cut out the Whey Protein in my smoothie in the mornings and guess what......I'm losing the weight!! Just a thought...hope it helps and good luck!

RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by momof3kidos View Post
    ***I've read where some body types can have an adverse reaction to Whey Protein causing your insulin level to spike....to the tune of triple the amount!! Hence, causing you not to lose weight, or even gain weight. The same thing happened to me, which is why I looked in to this. I'm doing Wheat Belly, written by Dr Davis and he explains it on his blog. Very interesting stuff. I've since cut out the Whey Protein in my smoothie in the mornings and guess what......I'm losing the weight!! Just a thought...hope it helps and good luck!
    I hope nobody listens to this..
    *NASM Certified Personal Trainer

Devildog3531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devildog3531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devildog3531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devildog3531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devildog3531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devildog3531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devildog3531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devildog3531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devildog3531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devildog3531 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devildog3531 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by momof3kidos View Post
    This is accurate. Whey DOES increase insulin which in turn CAN increase fat. Everyone's body is different and whey does not usually cause as much weight gain as, for example, drinking a gallon of whole milk a day might but it can in fact have an adverse effect on some people. For people that haven't been able to cut as much as they'd like to I suggest trying protein powder made from egg whites or beef protein rather than whey. True Nutrition makes both.
    Chicagoan Crew

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Devildog3531 View Post
    This is accurate. Whey DOES increase insulin which in turn CAN increase fat. Everyone's body is different and whey does not usually cause as much weight gain as, for example, drinking a gallon of whole milk a day might but it can in fact have an adverse effect on some people. For people that haven't been able to cut as much as they'd like to I suggest trying protein powder made from egg whites or beef protein rather than whey. True Nutrition makes both.
    Any reason you decided to bump an old thread?
    Eat the damn yolk.

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Devildog3531 View Post
    Everyone's body is different and whey does not usually cause as much weight gain as, for example, drinking a gallon of whole milk a day might
    Lol, what? So you're saying whey doesn't usually cause as much weight gain as a gallon of milk a day? Whey NEVER causes as much weight gain as a gallon of milk a day. A scoop of whey has significantly less calories and a completely different macronutrient profile. Congrats on bumping a thread to post a stupid thought.

DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Lvisaa2 View Post
    Lol, what? So you're saying whey doesn't usually cause as much weight gain as a gallon of milk a day? Whey NEVER causes as much weight gain as a gallon of milk a day. A scoop of whey has significantly less calories and a completely different macronutrient profile. Congrats on bumping a thread to post a stupid thought.

Not to mention milk has, you know, whey in it.