Jonboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do you get big?

Hey I was wondering if a 5'7" 145 pounds 16 year-old could be able to get big. When I workout alot like 5 days a week I don't gain much poundage. What can I do to get big? since I been working out I've only gained 10-20 pounds and I been working out for two years.I want to be able to get about 220 of solid muscle. Is that possible? thanks for your comments.

Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well first off you are young at 16 so you have plenty of time to get big. Getting big is a long process so get set for the long haul if you are serious.

Get Big = A good diet (lots of food)
    A good training program

Peace

Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I second anabolik, diet, and squats.

Feral_Burn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

yes!

I went from my cross country weight of 135 to 190 in a year.
    Life is painfull - suffering is optional.

kaymetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well just to let you know getttin up to 220 is gonna take a few years. but the main thing is eat man. if you have a really fast metabolism like me then just eat everyhtnig as often as you can.

k
    imagination brings intensity
    intensity brings growth
    growth brings girls

215 by prom!!!!!

what can i say..im all about the A

joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you just wanna get big, eat any and everything, worry about cutting later.
    Lifting weights makes me happy.

BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well,,, first off..is this posible? of course it is....we all know with the work and determination hell yes...your 16 thats pretty young and you have a good start...the most important thing I can recomend is knowledge...and its up to you to sort out the B.S. that people will feed you and the truth.....realize that getting where you are going is a long slow but gradual process.....when you are young its hard to see the forest for the trees.....its hard to think past the present....be patient.........
    Maybe if you told us more about your workout other than you lift 5 times a week....what kind of split...what types.....are you lifting as heavy as you can ? to failure?.....and yes eat well but eat clean...make wise choices....dont just use this excuse to pig out on anything....

Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Train full-body twice a week for a few months until you stop growing. Then train twice every three weeks. After a few years, and you stop growing again, train once a week.

This is the easiest way to track your growth. Early on I packed on an inch to everything every other month.

asajiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i've always had good luck with my legs growing, but i really noticed my upper body was making great gains after i added barbell rows, and dips. the second thing that helped me was, my diet. making sure i ate every two hours, and added a good protein powder. just work hard at your training, and your diet, and you could make it well beyond 220lbs

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz

The hard truth

The truth is You may NEVER get to 220 lbs at 5'7".
    Shawn Ray, 4th place mr olympia, is 5' 7" and 215 lbs. He has been competing for 19 years.
    You've got to be realistic with your goals.
    75lbs of muscle is too big of a chunk to think about, you'll never feel like you are getting close.
    You need to think "I want to be at 165# in 6-8 months". At your age, this may be possible. Then take another chunk of 10-20 lbs and work on that.
    Size like that takes YEARS of hard work, nutrition, dedication and experience.
    Don't think so far ahead right now and you'll be happier with your gains. And, long run, will probably gain more than you thought you could.
    Look at the members of your family as a general guide for your adult height limit, then look at what guys this height, in good shape, weigh. Anybody can get to 220 the wrong way, getting there the right way takes patience and time.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by ctgblue; 04-17-2002 at 05:44 AM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: How do you get big?

Originally posted by Jonboy
    Hey I was wondering if a 5'7" 145 pounds 16 year-old could be able to get big. When I workout alot like 5 days a week I don't gain much poundage. What can I do to get big? since I been working out I've only gained 10-20 pounds and I been working out for two years.I want to be able to get about 220 of solid muscle. Is that possible? thanks for your comments.
    sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no way u can grow anymore, u are already 16, u are done growing, u will not gain any more weight and no more height, u are stuck there and u will not be able to get any stronger cause that is just unheard of after 16/moron of course u can get big, it will take awhile but hard work do pay off

Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Getting big is not a function of working out a lot. It's working out smart with intensity and over a period of years.

Work out no more than 1 hour 2-3 times a week. 4 times a week is really pushing it and anything more will lead to overtraining.

When you finish a set, leave nothing on the bar. Only put that weight down when you are about to loose control, not before.

Be consistent. Train hard for a few years and you can get truly huge.

Jonboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do you get big?

Thanks for all your comments! they were really encouraging.