Thread: Bowflex???

abh03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bowflex???

I want to get a bowflex. On th ebench is it harder easier or the same as free weights. I really need to knwo this thanks alot

EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've heard that at higher weights the Bowflex tends to require more force at the end of the rep, as if you were using chains when benching. So I guess it would be considered harder in that regard. Plus the odd angle of resistance on some exercises, and the fact that you need to go slow or the thing will snap back, would all make it a harder.

Why not just set up a good home gym? You really don't need a lot, and it'll probably end up being cheaper than a Bowflex.

abh03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ???????????

spawnboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dude dont get a bowflex that new platnum crossbow is 4x better. check that out instead and its only $1000 compared to bowflex which is $1800
    SPAWNBOY

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Then check into a Power Rack, bench and weights.

MUCH better choice, and MUCH cheaper too.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

offroadmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    save your money, get a good home gym for the smae price. I promise you that those guys you see advertising those things work out with free weights. Except maybe Walker Texas Ranger.

Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Got a Gold Gym Machine

Alright, I have one of those Golds Gym home machines. I regret it now and wish that I would have gotten freeweights (and I may sign up for a gym this summer if I can find a good, cheap one).

Anyway, my point is, I have a Golds Gym machine (like the bowflex, only the G.G. version). Was it a good investment and, does it have any advantages, or was it a complete waste.

And yeah, the new Crossbow is cheaper and 10000x better than all of them. Invest in that.
    "Experiencing this pain in my muscles and aching and going on and on is my challenge. The last three or four reps is what makes the muscles grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens. I have no fear of fainting. I do squats until I fall over and pass out. So what? It's not going to kill me. I wake up five minutes later and I'm OK. A lot of other athletes are afraid of this. So they don't pass out. They don't go on."
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Registered User garfieldinitaly's Avatar
    garfieldinitaly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garfieldinitaly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garfieldinitaly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garfieldinitaly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garfieldinitaly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garfieldinitaly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garfieldinitaly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garfieldinitaly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garfieldinitaly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garfieldinitaly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garfieldinitaly has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol walker texas ranger
    Height - 6'1
    May 20 2003 - 165 pounds
    Mar 25 2004 - 188
    May 25 2004 - 192
    Jun 25 2004 - 196
    July 25 2004 - 198
    Sep 25 2004 - 200 (rough 2 months, but I did gain 1/2 inch on my calves using my new suicide style calf routine)

"If you're going through hell, keep going."

derekc4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You could get 6 years membership at a gym for 1800 dollars.

Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ellis77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump, bump bump it up
    "Experiencing this pain in my muscles and aching and going on and on is my challenge. The last three or four reps is what makes the muscles grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens. I have no fear of fainting. I do squats until I fall over and pass out. So what? It's not going to kill me. I wake up five minutes later and I'm OK. A lot of other athletes are afraid of this. So they don't pass out. They don't go on."
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

xnatex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bowflex...

Hey dude,

My dad bought a bowflex.

Thats about it. Lol. It's been sitting in our basement set up ever since. We used it for about a month, and got NO results whatsoever. I completely agree with the people that tell you not to invest in it. The resistance is completely worthless, its nowhere near the equvalent weight.

Go to your local gym and grab a membership. I've gotten a heckuva lot more results in 3 months than I ever would have with the "Flex".

xnatex
    There will always be someone bigger, stronger, faster, and better looking... until you surpass them.
    --My Motivation.

alright, thanks man
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Diver Down has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if the bowflex/crossbow were so great then bodybuilders would use them as well as professional athletes. But as well all know, athletes (that require strength) and bodybuilders use FREEWEIGHTS.

Originally posted by Diver Down
    if the bowflex/crossbow were so great then bodybuilders would use them as well as professional athletes. But as well all know, athletes (that require strength) and bodybuilders use FREEWEIGHTS.
    Yeah, okay, I understand that freeweights are better . . . been using them for 5 years, but a bowflex just became a bit more practicle round the house (job commuting and such) so goin' 30 min. to the gym was not a practical idea.

My question was, does the Power Flex hold any advantages (besides convenience) muscle-gaining wise?

I mean, honestly, they arn't going to market something out there with their name on it if it doesn't work, am I right?
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Ellis77
    I mean, honestly, they arn't going to market something out there with their name on it if it doesn't work, am I right?
    Not the least naive of questions ...

offroadmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dude, a nice bench and some free weights would be just as convienient and i promise you would use tehm alot more.

^^Is Part of a Song Title 101101's Avatar
    101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    just get a resistance band. they're awesome, and all the pros use them too, they've even been spotted in yoga