shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Exclamation Using 10lb. plates under heels for front squats helps alot!

I love front squats, more than regular squats, even though I cant do near as much weight. But it is very easy to become unbalanced doing them and one you lose it once, the entire set is over. I tried the plates under the heels todat to see if it makes any difference and it does. I was really surprised. Any down sides to doing it this way?

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you like the idea of possible future knee surgery, keep on doing it

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i'm not a fan of putting stuff under the heel imo it increases forward travel of the knee joint putting loads more stress on them

SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Excessive knee strain

The downside of doing squats with the heels raised is that it places more stress on the knee...and not the good kind of stress. It can contribute to knee problems in some people. Although if you have healthy knees and make sure your knees do not go past your toes then it should be okay. The heels raised also greatly reduces the amount of stretch on the calves and hamstrings. Since a stretched muscle can contract more forcefully this may reduce the exercises effectiveness for calves and hams too.
    Perhaps try alternating with Machine Hack Squats to work quads the same way.

Kumar Bandyo
    B.Sc. Kinesiologist
    Every moment you are not training, somebody, somewhere is!

Less talking, more training.

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is also very bad for your knees. One of the best knee wreckers.

The idea of squats is to push through your heels not your toes. Putting plates under your heels not only makes it so that you wanna push through yoru toes. BUT ALSO makes it an unstable platform and can risk further injury.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cool

see above

fix form, strengthen weak areas, and do em right

Originally posted by bigpoppaproppy
    see above

fix form, strengthen weak areas, and do em right
    but maybe he wants knee surgery?

supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yes we all do, only because they have hot nurses at the hospital to bathe you.
    STFU YOU JIB

PNUTBUTTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the only reason you need to put plates under your heels is becuase your hammys are too tight. Work on a good stretching program and you can fix that

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by supergarr
    yes we all do, only because they have hot nurses at the hospital to bathe you.

where are those 10LB plates at?
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    where are those 10LB plates at?
    lol

shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Unhappy

I knew I had read it was bad. It just helped so much....I guess Ill stop it.

Originally posted by shanehanner
    good decision

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by hyp3r3xt3nsion
    good decision
    well it was only today that I had tried it, because I saw melvin anthony do it on his training video....he was also doing upright rows and reverse hack squats (another knee buster). So I guess that should have told me right there.

yeah i see people in s**t mags all the time doing it!

its crazy

well it was only today that I had tried it, because I saw melvin anthony do it on his training video....he was also doing upright rows and reverse hack squats (another knee buster). So I guess that should have told me right there.
    /resists urge to spew about upright rows

supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by hyp3r3xt3nsion
    /resists urge to spew about upright rows
    Attached Images
    STFU YOU JIB