Thread: posing music

natural freak 2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

posing music

Im stuck on a song to pick for my posing routein. I have thought of a few but still cannot come to a desion. What song do you think i should pick out of the ones listed or does anybody have any better suggestions-
    Startrek-theme tune
    west life- looking like that
    chariots of fire
    sprush zarathustra
    alice cooper- poison.

thanks

XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If it was me, I would say stay clear of music with words...it just distracts too much from your performance. Favor motivational/inspirational music over hardcore stuff. The hardcore stuff is great to lift to, but not good to pose to. Listen to a lot of instrumental stuff and you will find something good.

Sean
    B.S. Exercise Science, Philosophy, Creighton University 2003

CSCS, NSCA-CPT

Member of TEAM KLEMCZEWSKI
    www.thedietdoc.com

"His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”

-President Theodore Roosevelt

Eat, Drink and be Merry.. jayvee's Avatar
    jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

okay natural freak 2, whos to say you cant use more than one song? ive helped tons of athletes with their music, and many times weve started off with something slower and more graceful, and then done a bit of kickass stuff and upped the ante with some faster stuff to ham it up for the audience to finish off. in between the change of songs, some sound effects or cool sounding speech always work well. theres a song by sugar ray called 'american pig' - dont worry bout the song, but at the very start, a voice, really cooly says 'i know your gonna dig this!' - iv used this bit of speech more than once, and it sounds great. onto your music choices - no westlife and no alice cooper. particularly westlife. the star trek theme is a better idea, but just for ideas, see if you can get hold of some other themes - terminator is excellent, armageddon movie theme and top gun theme(not that danger zone song, the movie instrumental) work well. some Lord of the rings stuff is good too. and Conan and superman are classics. if you like the idea of 2 songs in one, a good crowd pleaser is always something like prodigy's firestarter - it can be cut so you have only the music, and it has some terrific beats to hit poses on. from your alice cooper bit, if you like glam rock, Motley Crue have got some good songs. Rammstein have some good songs, but please choose their stuff carefully - it can be too harsh. dont go too scary tho - metal, even tho im a fan, just doesnt work. once youre happy with your songs, go get it cut and edited proffesionally- you may hafta look up whats avaliable. usually 1-1:30 is about allocated posing time, so get it cut to fit the timeframe. choose poses that will work with the music - more graceful if slower, most musculars and lat spreads if more up beat. but most of all, have fun! all the best, hopefully ive given you a couple of ideas...

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by XTRMEWJ
    If it was me, I would say stay clear of music with words...it just distracts too much from your performance. Favor motivational/inspirational music over hardcore stuff. The hardcore stuff is great to lift to, but not good to pose to. Listen to a lot of instrumental stuff and you will find something good.

Sean
    i disagree

EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Natural Freak 2,

I think the most important thing is to find something YOU like and that motivates you.

I've seen awesome posing routines where people used strong classical music. I've seen great routines where people chose classic rock, rap, or shock rock. I saw a great routine that someone did to Marilyn Manson's " The Beautiful People" - brought the house down. I've also seen great routines where the person was funny or used funny music.

The thing that really seems to make a great posing routine is when the person doing the routine is really into the routine and is enjoying what they are doing.

For myself, I don't think I could pull off the funny or really hardcore rock music. It just doesn't fit my personality and I don't think it would go over well. I've seen it work great for other people though.

Whatever your choice of music, find something that has a beat or strong music that allows for good posing. It could be slow or fast, but it should have good places to hit and hold poses. Sometimes, a song you like might not be the best to pose to.

Ultimately, find a song that you feel good about and the audience will be able to tell, and will probably like it too.

- EME
    Last edited by EME; 04-02-2004 at 06:41 AM.

Im swaying towards west lifes 'looking like that'. I saw someone do a routein to this and although he was a fair bit bigger than me i think it could be entertaining. Or i will make a complete prat out of myself.
    Whats peoples views on this song.
    john

jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

mmm...look, i personally wouldnt go anywhere near the Westlife song, but that is not my decision to make. if you really like it, go for it. i really feel that there are much better songs to use, and completely agree with EME in choosing something you like and that motivates you. actually, ditto to everything EME said. so if youve got your heart set on using that song, go for it - it may very well turn out to be a great routine. as i said, ive helped alot of athletes with their music, and have seen a few routines that work and some that havent been as good, so if you like a particlar type of music and wanna run them by me or want some more ideas, just let me know, and from my position, ill do what i can to help you with a totally unbiased view. im sure others like EME will add their thoughts as well. if youre happy with what youve got, best of luck, and i hope the show goes really well...

Thanks for the advice

People i talk to keep saying pick something that will show your personality of so i dont think a soft instrumental tune would be the best choice but can someone mention some actul songs as im still totally confused on what song to pick
    thanks

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol what kind of music do you like?

natural freak - ill give you some off the top of my head, but you may or may not like them. at the least, hopefully it may give you a couple ideas:
    CLASSICAL/THEMES - terminator 2 theme, armageddon theme, top gun theme, metallica's exctacy of gold, conan theme, superman theme, even some star wars stuff (try duel of fates or imperial march).
    TECHNO (SORTA) - prodigy- either 'firestarter', 'smack my bitch up', 'breathe' or 'voodo people'. 'Operation Blade' (from blade movie) is a real good one too.
    ROCK/METAL(FASTER STUFF) - be careful not to go too scary here- motley crue - 'kickstart my heart', grinspoon - 'champion', linkin park - 'in the end', limp bizkit - 'my way', saw a good one to metallica's- 'no leaf clover', creed - 'are you ready' or 'what if', marilyn manson's - 'beautiful people' or def leppard's 'lets get rocked' or 'rocket'..
    SLOWER PACED STUFF - could be bands that are a little heavier, or some mainstream gear. some ive seen that worked - staind - 'so far away', creed - 'with arms wide open', live - 'run to the water', evanescence - 'bring me to life', metallica - 'unforgiven', goo goo dolls - 'iris'..
    RAP/HIP HOP - always fun. alot of it is similar, but try more upbeat tracks, like Nellys - 'Number 1', ice cube - 'you can do it (put your back into it)', xzibit - 'heart of man', westside connection - 'bow down'..
    As i said natural freak, these are just off the top of my head, some ive seen in action, and work good. you may not like 'em all, but there mite be a couple that take your interest or put some ideas in your head. dont feel your limited to music without lyrics -pros use music with words all the time. and remember, theres always the idea of 2 songs in one - generally its better to start slower, and finish faster with a bang! any more questions, just ask, and anyone else, keep coming with some more ideas...

Abit of everything mainly dance and rap

natural freak - were obviously online at the same time here - check the ideas i just gave, and let me know...

stanthefatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stanthefatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stanthefatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    personally, i've always wanted to pose to "beautiful" by masta ace, it has a slow tempo, and great lockout times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdHZJIpif6c
    we will not stop. We will not slow down. We will not surrender. We will win. We will triumph. We will never, ever quit. Remember, winners are just losers who got mad.

kurtwilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Strong Classical music

Originally Posted by EME View Post
    Natural Freak 2,

I think the most important thing is to find something YOU like and that motivates you.

I've seen awesome posing routines where people used strong classical music. I've seen great routines where people chose classic rock, rap, or shock rock. I saw a great routine that someone did to Marilyn Manson's " The Beautiful People" - brought the house down. I've also seen great routines where the person was funny or used funny music.

The thing that really seems to make a great posing routine is when the person doing the routine is really into the routine and is enjoying what they are doing.

For myself, I don't think I could pull off the funny or really hardcore rock music. It just doesn't fit my personality and I don't think it would go over well. I've seen it work great for other people though.

Whatever your choice of music, find something that has a beat or strong music that allows for good posing. It could be slow or fast, but it should have good places to hit and hold poses. Sometimes, a song you like might not be the best to pose to.

Ultimately, find a song that you feel good about and the audience will be able to tell, and will probably like it too.

- EME
    I am planning to do a bodybuilding competition. I want to do my routine to a strong classical "BodyBuilding" song.....where can I find this genre of "classical" for posing?

Kurt

mhcrouch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    i disagree
    I'm with Layne. Use whatever inspires you and makes you feel jacked. Hardcore, soft, words, intrumental, who cares.

Jsinn23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by natural freak 2 View Post
    im stuck on a song to pick for my posing routein. I have thought of a few but still cannot come to a desion. What song do you think i should pick out of the ones listed or does anybody have any better suggestions-
    startrek-theme tune
    chariots of fire
    sprush zarathustra
    alice cooper- poison.

Thanks
    just get your music here!!!

mastermindzproductions.com/body_building_music.html

satoups will become famous soon enough. (+50) satoups will become famous soon enough. (+50) satoups will become famous soon enough. (+50) satoups will become famous soon enough. (+50) satoups will become famous soon enough. (+50) satoups will become famous soon enough. (+50) satoups will become famous soon enough. (+50) satoups will become famous soon enough. (+50) satoups will become famous soon enough. (+50) satoups will become famous soon enough. (+50) satoups will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just recently used "300 Violin Qrchersta-Jorge Quintero" People loved it and it has a great place to cut it off at 90 seconds.
    No words and powerful. Punch it up on YouTube........
    Last edited by satoups; 07-17-2012 at 03:46 AM.

bjones0016 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SpiteTheOdds View Post
    I will be competing as a lightweight my first time out and am trying to find posing music. I always see little dudes (lightweights-middleweights) posing to epic or hardcore music and it seems really out of place. Like the lighter guys take themselves to seriously. Should I go with some light-hearted music, or go with chariots of fire or some chit? What think you? Thanks bros.
    Pick something in between, something that you are comfortable with first but yet the crowd will relate too. You can always start with something slow that leads into something hard and heavy! But remember the music is to show your physique do what feels best. Once you pick the right song it should be the only thing you listen too car shower gym etc.

jimmym98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by natural freak 2 View Post
    Im stuck on a song to pick for my posing routein. I have thought of a few but still cannot come to a desion. What song do you think i should pick out of the ones listed or does anybody have any better suggestions-
    Startrek-theme tune
    chariots of fire
    sprush zarathustra
    alice cooper- poison.

thanks
    im competing for the first time in may next year im probably gonna use road to glory by audio machine
    im also gonna use the the little speech bit at the begining of bump and grind where it says "my minds telling me no but my body is telling me yea"
    and then i might lead it into something a little more upbeat and faster havent decided yet though

NEED Posing Music?? Hit me up!! My Website is mastermindzproductions dot com
    Just click on the Bodybuilding tab at the top and all the tracks are for sale.
    Want a CUSTOM TRACK MADE? Just click on the Contact Tab and let me know What you want.
    My turn around time is FAST and PayPal is what I use for PAYMENT.
    I work with over 120 Pro and Amateur Bodybuilding Clients. All organizations but IFBB being my BIGGEST.

Hit me up.
    JSinn/MasterMindz

NEW MUSIC has been posted on the website. Come check it out. mastermindzproductions.com/body_building_music.html
    If there is something you want CUSTOM MADE please feel free to contact me @ jsinn@mastermindzproductions.com
    About 80% of my work is CUSTOM.

JSinn/MasterMindz

PositveSarcasm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Posing is an art form, the music should be too...
    Come get the music you as a competitor deserve.

positivesarcasm.com/posingmusic/

PositiveSarcasm.com