Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AFJON2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFJON2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFJON2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFJON2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFJON2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFJON2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFJON2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nitric Oxide FAQ

Since the boards have become overwhelmingly swamped with questions about Nitrix Oxide products (even more so than creatine) I have decided to make a FAQ and info post that will hopefully become sticky like the creatine FAQ.

The Brands:
    HERC (Unither)
    Muscle Volumizer (Weider)
    Nitrix (BSN)
    Nitrogenx
    NO2 (MRI)
    NoX2 (Pinnacle)
    NoX3 (Universal)
    NP2 (IDS)
    Trac (MHP)

Nitric Oxide is currently one of the hottest supplements on the market and viewed by many as the new "BREAKTHROUGH" supplement. Considered by many as the next best thing to Creatine, Nitric Oxide has flooded the market in multiple forms from multiple companies. Despite all the rush, for the most part they are ALL EQUAL. There are some general guidelines you want to stick with when on nitric oxide. Take 2-3 times daily at evenly spaced intervals on an empty stomach. Make sure one of your doses is 30-60 minutes prior to exercise. Drink plenty of water while taking nitric oxide. I recommend 1 gallon a day on training days and 3/4 of a gallon on off days. You do NOT need to cycle nitric oxide products like you do creatine. Follow these guidelines and it WILL work. I have taken a couple bottles of NOX2 and despite what some claim (probably due to not properly dosing) it really does work, and it works well. Nitric Oxide is not a miracle product though, so you can't automatically assume once you take it gains will come. Just like everything else, it takes time. Make sure you take nitric oxide consistently and try and not forget to take it. The main effects nitric oxide give you is the longer lasting and larger "pump" you get while at the gym. It's not just for looks, it helps you lift heavier weights, and gives better muscle endurance. This is done by the transfer of more blood into the muscles by increased vascularity. On my first week on NOX2 I added 15 pounds to my benchpress and used 10 lb heavier dumbbells on my incline presses. I didn't want to leave the gym. The pump you get is longer lasting and much more fulfilling. If you're deciding which brand to take, don't worry too much, like I said before they are almost all equal. For all of you who have visited GNC and asked a biased 140lb ******* which is better, of course they are going to tell you NO2 because that’s the product they sell and are trained to sell. That’s like asking a car salesman if you should buy a bike instead, it's just plain stupid. Now, to the FAQ!

Q: Is NO2 better than [insert random brand here]?
    A: No, to be downright honest with you, there are very tiny differences between the brands and choosing one over the other is going to make no difference.

Q: Is Nitric Oxide a steroid?
    A: No, absolutely not. Nitric oxide products affect the size of you arteries and veins, they have nothing to do with hormones.

Q: Is Nitric Oxide safe to take?
    A: As of today, after NUMEROUS studies, the only results from nitric oxide products are positive. They directly correlate with muscle building.

Q: What type of gains can I expect to see when I take Nitric Oxide?
    A: Well, just like any other supplement, that depends on your current position in body building and diet and exercise plan. If you can't get your diet straight or workout regularly, don't even bother wasting your money on supplements. If everything is in check, you'll see some gains, but don't expect a miracle.

Q: If I take Nitrix Oxide am I going to get all "veiny"?
    A: No, your body fat determines that. Although nitric oxide products DO increase vascularity, only VERY low body fat percentages will notice an increase in "veinyness".

Q: How does Nitric Oxide work?
    A: Nitric Oxide stimulates the synthesis of protein in your muscle, and the protein forms muscle tissue. This is performed by increasing the size of your blood vessels. The increase in size allows more oxygen and blood to be carried to the working muscle, which provides a bigger "pump" and increased stamina. With the increased stamina you can lift heavier weights and more repetitions which leads to building bigger leaner muscles.

I hope this helps everybody out on their questions about Nitrix Odide. If you have anymore questions about it please post your question in THIS topic and I will answer it with a reply or a PM as soon as possible. This will help keep our forums clear of garbage posts and questions that can be answered without creating another post.

*Note to Mods* Please make this sticky!

-Jon

AFJON2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFJON2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFJON2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFJON2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFJON2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFJON2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFJON2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anybody read this yet?

pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Reading it now Probably should be on the supps board though.

Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well i believe there is a difference in the companies products, because of different ingredients, plus you forgot legal gear's cold fusion.

I aslo this that you don't have to have VERY low bodyfat to see viens. But to buldge out, yeah.

-tim
    Trying to be the best I can be, without having to do my best.

Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    not a bad post buddy...good info. Peace
    REPS ARE ALWAYS GOOD

^ I tried, thanks Poppa Pump

A_C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A_C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A_C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A_C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A_C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A_C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A_C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A_C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A_C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A_C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) A_C is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It has a effect on veins and artries? Mind explaining this?

It expands your veins and arteries to carry more blood and oxygen to your muscles. AAK and AKG are two products found in Nitric Oxide and is now being researched to see if it helps with clogged arteries and heart attack patients. It is not harmful in any way, as a matter a fact it's better. Besides getting a bigger pump, since your muscles are getting more oxygen and blood, you'll be able to have higher muscle endurance, run faster for longer periods of time without cramping, and have an overall better cardiovascualr endurance in addition to the added strength. I have seen each and EVERY one of these benefits personally. It works.

da rel hogan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) da rel hogan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) da rel hogan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) da rel hogan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) da rel hogan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) da rel hogan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) da rel hogan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) da rel hogan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) da rel hogan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) da rel hogan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) da rel hogan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the great post. Answered a few questions I had.

How long have you been using it for?
    Join our bodybuilding.com team!:
    http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=36037

SOS - SAVE OUR SUPPLEMENTS http://www.conservatives.com/vitamins/default.htm

"I gave up drugs, I gave up smoking, I gave up fast food, but milk.... can't do it." - Psychoholic

I am still currently usin a bottle of NOX2 (almost done) and have already finished another. So I have used it for a decent time now. I am not using creatine or any other supplements besides protein and glutamine so I know my gains are attributed to the NOX2. I have researched it in depth read articles about it and other things. I completely endorse it to anybody. You'll see small differneces right away.

I forgot to mention this before but DO NOT use ephedra products while using nitric oxide. The reason being is because the vascular constrickening effects ephedra has (that's why it's bad for people with heart problems) counter-effect the nitric oxide. So you won't see **** for gains while on ephedra (for the most part, I know you there are a few odd exceptions to this).

You can even boost your gains by supplementing your nitric oxide product with an L-arganine supplement. Be careful because too much argaine in your system can give you a BAD case of the ****s because it is a poorly absorbed nutrient in your bloodstream.

Post anymore questions here for me. If you like this post tell me! Mods, PLEASE sticky this, there are too many newly formed posts about NO2 and other products that can be eliminated by this thread.

Extacy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    can you take regular creatine also while on this product or would that be a waste?

Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the book states stop taking creatine for ten days. then start taking no, then after ten days start creatine and you will get a better result.
    Trying to be the best I can be, without having to do my best.

Extacy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sorry i didnt get ur post...anybody please explain?

Polish_Prince has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what works better N02 or creatine

also do you have any stats to back up wat you have said.

please note i am not doughting you i just want more proof

Tired of being human RedFiredSoul's Avatar
    RedFiredSoul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedFiredSoul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedFiredSoul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedFiredSoul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedFiredSoul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedFiredSoul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedFiredSoul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedFiredSoul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedFiredSoul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedFiredSoul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedFiredSoul has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I used Nitride oxide and it didn,t work at all for me...

Of The Clan Of Christ. Uber-neggR's Avatar
    Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000)
    all i want to know is how long the pumps last? a day?

and what abbout chuck diesels NOS XXX? i've heard great things about it
    Isaiah 43:2: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.

RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like it would have marginal benefits IMHO.

..then I rocked the joint nail3r's Avatar
    nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: Nitric Oxide FAQ

Originally posted by AFJON2003
    Since the boards have become overwhelmingly swamped with questions about Nitrix Oxide products (even more so than creatine) I have decided to make a FAQ and info post that will hopefully become sticky like the creatine FAQ.

The Brands:
    HERC (Unither)
    Muscle Volumizer (Weider)
    Nitrix (BSN)
    Nitrogenx
    NO2 (MRI)
    NoX2 (Pinnacle)
    NoX3 (Universal)
    NP2 (IDS)
    Trac (MHP)

Nitric Oxide is currently one of the hottest supplements on the market and viewed by many as the new "BREAKTHROUGH" supplement. Considered by many as the next best thing to Creatine, Nitric Oxide has flooded the market in multiple forms from multiple companies. Despite all the rush, for the most part they are ALL EQUAL. There are some general guidelines you want to stick with when on nitric oxide. Take 2-3 times daily at evenly spaced intervals on an empty stomach. Make sure one of your doses is 30-60 minutes prior to exercise. Drink plenty of water while taking nitric oxide. I recommend 1 gallon a day on training days and 3/4 of a gallon on off days. You do NOT need to cycle nitric oxide products like you do creatine. Follow these guidelines and it WILL work. I have taken a couple bottles of NOX2 and despite what some claim (probably due to not properly dosing) it really does work, and it works well. Nitric Oxide is not a miracle product though, so you can't automatically assume once you take it gains will come. Just like everything else, it takes time. Make sure you take nitric oxide consistently and try and not forget to take it. The main effects nitric oxide give you is the longer lasting and larger "pump" you get while at the gym. It's not just for looks, it helps you lift heavier weights, and gives better muscle endurance. This is done by the transfer of more blood into the muscles by increased vascularity. On my first week on NOX2 I added 15 pounds to my benchpress and used 10 lb heavier dumbbells on my incline presses. I didn't want to leave the gym. The pump you get is longer lasting and much more fulfilling. If you're deciding which brand to take, don't worry too much, like I said before they are almost all equal. For all of you who have visited GNC and asked a biased 140lb ******* which is better, of course they are going to tell you NO2 because that’s the product they sell and are trained to sell. That’s like asking a car salesman if you should buy a bike instead, it's just plain stupid. Now, to the FAQ!

Q: Is NO2 better than [insert random brand here]?
    A: No, to be downright honest with you, there are very tiny differences between the brands and choosing one over the other is going to make no difference.

Q: Is Nitric Oxide a steroid?
    A: No, absolutely not. Nitric oxide products affect the size of you arteries and veins, they have nothing to do with hormones.

Q: Is Nitric Oxide safe to take?
    A: As of today, after NUMEROUS studies, the only results from nitric oxide products are positive. They directly correlate with muscle building.

Q: What type of gains can I expect to see when I take Nitric Oxide?
    A: Well, just like any other supplement, that depends on your current position in body building and diet and exercise plan. If you can't get your diet straight or workout regularly, don't even bother wasting your money on supplements. If everything is in check, you'll see some gains, but don't expect a miracle.

Q: If I take Nitrix Oxide am I going to get all "veiny"?
    A: No, your body fat determines that. Although nitric oxide products DO increase vascularity, only VERY low body fat percentages will notice an increase in "veinyness".

Q: How does Nitric Oxide work?
    A: Nitric Oxide stimulates the synthesis of protein in your muscle, and the protein forms muscle tissue. This is performed by increasing the size of your blood vessels. The increase in size allows more oxygen and blood to be carried to the working muscle, which provides a bigger "pump" and increased stamina. With the increased stamina you can lift heavier weights and more repetitions which leads to building bigger leaner muscles.

I hope this helps everybody out on their questions about Nitrix Odide. If you have anymore questions about it please post your question in THIS topic and I will answer it with a reply or a PM as soon as possible. This will help keep our forums clear of garbage posts and questions that can be answered without creating another post.

*Note to Mods* Please make this sticky!

-Jon
    BRAVO! *claps*
    Sixteen year veteran of the misc, back after a 10-year hiatus.

anaconda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok look....it is true you shouldn't mix Ephedra with NO products...BUT....taken at the same time. Ephedra has a very short half life so as long as u wait about 4 hours after taking the ephedra, the NO product should not have diminished effects. I know with V12 is say take about every 8 hours. What does this tell me? That the NO has product has probably stopped working if I need another dose. So technically u could take the two on the same day but not realize both of their effects at the gym on the same day. Make sense. On a cardio day, I'd opt for the ECA stack. On a lifting day, I'd just go w/ V12.

SignalSoldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Another question maybe should be in FAQ

I read on other post that N02 is simple "L arginine and taurine" Is there any truth to this? Can any ole joe create his own N02 and save a ton of cash??
    Shoot, Move, Communicate, Kill!!!!!

Minus_83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is NO legal everywhere?

warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes NO should be legal everywhere.
    "It's not that i'm that smart, it's just i picked a profession where everybody is stupid" Patrick Arnold

"Yes I Get That Your Balls Might Shrink While On It...but Last Time I Checked I Didnt Fuxk With My Balls Its The Shaft You Use Isnt It? And It Dosent Shrink...." Pro Lee Priest

Sleek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Surprised you didn't add Syntrax's Nitrous and Legal Gear's Cold Fusion to that list.

Registered User ihavelotsamoney's Avatar
    ihavelotsamoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by anaconda
    Ok look....it is true you shouldn't mix Ephedra with NO products...BUT....taken at the same time. Ephedra has a very short half life so as long as u wait about 4 hours after taking the ephedra, the NO product should not have diminished effects. I know with V12 is say take about every 8 hours. What does this tell me? That the NO has product has probably stopped working if I need another dose. So technically u could take the two on the same day but not realize both of their effects at the gym on the same day. Make sense. On a cardio day, I'd opt for the ECA stack. On a lifting day, I'd just go w/ V12.

wait wait wait wait. Does san v12 have NO in it????
    Thanks

Some new creatines are NO and creatine mix hybrids. For example, BSN just realeased NO-XPLODE which contains both creatine and NO2. I personally don't notice too much from creatine so I just stay away from it. But yes, some creatines have NO. Best way of finding out which ones is read the label!

Ubber-Neggr: The pumps last a few hours longer than they normally would. Like if I am not on NO, my pump is fading by the time I get home from the gym. On NO products, my pump lasts 3-4 hours after I leave the gym. You feel a lot fuller and look bigger than normally. (This might even be enhanced by the creatine in the new supplements.)

I wrote this FAQ before a lot of brands launched their NO products. Pretty much, when MRI released NO2 and GNC signed on as a seller, every other supplement company hopped on the bandwagon with their own patented version. Just look at Muscle Tech (Pump-Tech).

Anaconda: Good point, that is true and would benefit those of you who are lucky enough to still be using ephedra.

Sorry I havent updated this or posted in here in a while, the teen boards have recently gone to **** with all the trolls and tools who like to mess things up for people who take bodybuilding serious.
    The journey of 1000 steps begins with only one.

The Unofficial expert on Nitric Oxide products, you got a question, I got an answer!

Is it 2008 yet?

Originally Posted by SignalSoldier
    I read on other post that N02 is simple "L arginine and taurine" Is there any truth to this? Can any ole joe create his own N02 and save a ton of cash??
    Anybody Searches turn up nothing

Talking

Do I get rep points for this fact? C'mon people!

The Unofficial expert on Nitric Oxide products, you got a question, I got an answer!

Is it 2008 yet?

Originally Posted by AFJON2003
    Do I get rep points for this fact? C'mon people!
    If you tell me how to give points I surely would

This needs a bump

Is it 2008 yet?