on1tyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stalled.... carb up?

I lost about 30-35lbs from 305 down to 270 over about two months. I haven't lost any in the last three weeks. I'm still being very strict on my carb intake.

I'm wondering if I should take a couple days and carb up. I'm afraid that it'll mess up my dedication.

edit: Just as I post this, I get on the scale and weigh 266.5. This is after work, after lunch, and after drinking water all day.

Weird.
    Last edited by on1tyr; 03-23-2004 at 01:59 PM.

BurGy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

on1tyr

On a keto diet you are suppose to have a carb loading one or 2 days a week. You kneed to do that. Just keep your carbs cleen, don't eat donut, pizza, etc...

nimrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

me 2, results hav stalled. Now switching to carb cycling, you can read abt it in bb.com.

The only time I tried carb cycling, I got nowhere. Zero loss. My body has been responding well to what I've been doing. I'm down to 259 from 305 as of January 7th this year.

Sausage21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'm not so sure about the carb up, i know the pros carb up but they also have abnormal amounts of mass, i carbed up for breakfast on sunday, i bought the keto strips, i've been checking them everyday since then, its wednesday now and i've only seen a slight color change, i personally dont think its necessary to carb up, i feel its a setback, if you could explain this logic to me in a way that makes sense it would be greatly appreciated but the way i see it is as a setback. I'm 5'10 175 lbs 10% body fat and i'm trying to get into the single digits for the first time in my life, i dont want any setbacks whatsoever

==out==

C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100)
    Guys,

If you workout you need to carb up. Avoid fruits and large amounts of sugar/sucrose on carb ups in order to get back into ketosis quicker. Please do yourselves a favor and read this:

http://low-carb.org/faq

BTW, if you are not carbing up than you are on a STK/Atkins which means you won't be able to workout with intensity. And if you don't workout than why would you be posting in a bb forum?

i am working out i just think its a setback, i weight lift 3 days a week 12 sets of everything 25 seconds rest, i do cardio 3 days a week 2 of which are High Intensity Interval Training, i eat 1.5 grams of protein per pound, <20 per day and around 90 grams of fat, i just feel that when i carb up it slows everything down, i was carbing up before every sunday, but i dont think it does anything besides knock me out of ketosis, i have not lost any mass yet so i dunno why i should do it, i'm tryin to get into the single digits but its a pain in the ass i'm 5'10 175 10% body fat and i started taking the VPX Liquid Clenbutrx last week, this is my 8th week on the diet, if i'm doing something wrong go ahead and correct me, right now i'm taking glutamine, EFAs, aminos, zma, and vitamins along with the clenbutrx, drinking around 2 gallons of water per day, before i was doing low carb low fat but i was having a carb shake during the workout, i found that i wasn't getting enough fat, so i increased fat, but i am just not so sure about this carb up thing, any new info would help a great deal though cuz im flippin out! oh yeah i notice you guys say dont eat sugar dounuts etc, well i guess that might have something to do with the bad carb up i just grabbed whatever and did that, i read in mens health that that was fine, but i disagree, also i read that on the carb up day you should take HCA and ALA to get back into ketosis faster. also i was thinkin if i were to carb up would that be 6 days that the strips change color then carb up? any info is greatly appreciated cuz im stuck right now and do not know what to do.

==out==
    Last edited by Sausage21; 03-31-2004 at 03:17 PM.

C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100) C-Los is not very well liked. (-100)
    See the problem is that if you don't carb up you are at a greater risk for muscle loss...which none of us want. Now, the problem I see with your diet is that you're consuming way too much protein. Ketogenic diets require a high fat intake since too much protein will be converted to glucose which will keep you out of ketosis. Having said that, I beleive that you're protein should never rise above 30% of calories consumed, leaving the remaining 70% coming from fat. I know you're thinking this is way too little protein, but the thing is that ketosis has muscle sparring effects and like i said before excess protein will keep you out of it.
    I think it would be a good idea to read over that link I posted and this one as well:

http://low-carb.org/lylemcd/faq.htm

I'm going on vacation next week, and have made the decision to get off the keto diet for the week. This is my first vacation in 4 years and I'm planning on enjoying the seafood and everything that goes with it.

That said, I've been pretty strict on staying in keto since January. I've slowed my workout a little because things have been hectic. I've lost a little strength, but not much. I attribute that to my slacking at the gym over the last month and a half, not the diet.

I'll be interested to see how much weight I gain back in a week of non-keto (not gorging myself, but not dieting), and how quickly that goes away the following week.

shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000)
    sausage, try giving "the cheater's diet" from testosterone.net a read. Its very useful for people already with low bf, such as yourself.

Go to the site and do a search.
    I used to fight the pain, but recently this became clear to me: pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness

well this is my first week on the CKD, i did high protein/low carb/low fat for 1.5 months, then i cut protein from 2g/lb to 1.5 for 2 weeks, then i started the CKD this week......lets see how this works out, i'm gonna give that cheaters diet a look though, but damn man i cannot get under 10% for the damn life of me!

==out==

Fozzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by C-Los
    BTW, if you are not carbing up than you are on a STK/Atkins which means you won't be able to workout with intensity. And if you don't workout than why would you be posting in a bb forum? [/B]
    I completely agree with this, I've been on this diet for a very long time and never carb'd up, however, within the past 3 or 4 weeks i've been doing a carbup meal then a carbup day every other week and have noticed a definite increase in my stamina in my workouts. My typical rep of benching (for example) is anywhere from 3 sets of 8 or 10 pending how far I can go, since the carbups using my same toning bench weight which is around 190, I can do 3 sets of 10 with no problem and can normally on my last set kick a 11 or 12th rep in there.

definetly go with a carbup. If you're concerned do a carbup meal instead of a day for starters and see how that works for ya.

Good Luck!
    Over training? What's that mean?