NeedHelp77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Help Please!!! Something is not right, STORY, PICS Inside.

I have been losing weight for 10 months now, and I have gone from 250 to 175 today, The problem is my gut is still there!! And it is a good size!! I cannot take it anymore. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. THe gut is a huge problem area for me. In the pics you can see progress, the pics are at 205 lbs and then at 175 lbs. THe stomach should have gone further down?? Its getting frustrating. I am 5'11 and do not want to lose too much weight. 175 is a decent weight at 5'11. I exercise with cardio everyday, at least an hour in the gym with elliptical and treadmill. Weightrain M W F. Drink a gallon of water, sometimes less, a day. What am I doing wrong. Please help!!!! I only take in no more than 1300 calories per day eating oatmeal, whole wheat bread, beef, turkey, cheese, and eggs. It is like I am starting to lose hope. Advice please would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images

Here is the after pics. Thanks guys. Help a newbie out, long time reader. Will offer my advice as well.
    Attached Images

buttaflap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttaflap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttaflap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttaflap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttaflap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttaflap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    to make a long story short

1) increase your cals - 1300 is starvation mode
    2) Post your exact diet if we are to help you
    3) keep your cardio consistent and up the intensity if you can
    4) give it time, the belly/chest is the last place males usually lose body fat.

Great job by the way, keep it up
    Moderation is folly. All or nothing.

I see buttaflap, here is a little more info. I thought that my calorie intake would be a problem, but I felt like what I was eating was enough and ok, I mean i never felt starved.

Typical day is......3 eggs with cheese and beef for breakfast with water.

Oatmeal for lunch, and usually one or two sandwiches on whole wheat bread with beef / turkey with cheese for dinner.

Cardio everyday about 2 o clock or at night at about 8 30 PM, because of my work schedule. Do about 2 or 3 miles, and at least 20 mins on the elliptical.

About a gallon of water per day.
    Anything else wanted to know???? Also, what you guys think of the pics?

XxRaYxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Man~ i tink u lost a great deal of fats around the waist. Keep it up.
    r u lifting weights as well? instead of just cardio-ing, go with the weights. BB.com is a good start for more information to keep up with.

Ur diet's looks pretty neat to me.

The logic is simple for losing weight. output > input referring to calories. Try using a fatburner, do ur cardio b4 breakfast, drink 2 cups greentea to increase metabolism.
    Thats what i do at least. take care bro.

ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    ok you should be eating a small meal every 2 hrs and your calorie intake should hover around 1800 for good dieting. your calorie intake is too low and also not spread out enough to keep your body out of starvation mode all the time.

i'd cut out the sandwitches and have oatmeal and chicken for lunch.
    make breakfast 3 eggwhites and 1 whole egg with some oatmeal. then 2 hrs later have the beef with a carb source.
    2-3hrs after lunch have some protein and small carb source, perhaps chicken and broccoli.
    for dinner have some beef/chicken/turkey or whatever meat floats your boat. adjust your portions so that you're getting ~1700-1800kcals a day.

make sure you get that gallon of water a day, haul around a gallon jug of water and make sure you drink it all during your day.

if you want to try a fatburner there are many good products around, my favorites have been clenbutrx and the old hydroxycuts for the otc kind of burners, after you get more experienced with working out and dieting properly there are more options to chose from.

it seems to me that a good portion of the gut is extra skin that doesn't want to reabsorb, unfortunately that can take a ton of time to go away for some people.

Jaime1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Excellent progress, obviously the fat on your gut isn't coming off as quick as you'd like it to. Like other people have said, you shud defo increase your calories; your body has probably become accustomed to you eating so little, and has slown your metobalism right down. If you need some inspiration check out Mr. John Stones website.
    You could be a couple months away or maybe less from getting rid of that gut if you hang in there
    Too fast for ya!!

Thanks guys, I will start adding calories today, but with my schedule, its easier for me to eat 3 meals. It is better to eat like 6 small meals I suppose though? Am I at that big of a disadvantage eating 3 bigger meals as opposed to 6 smaller?

Jaime1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    By eating 5 - 6 meals it apparently helps your metabolism working all day and prevents catabolism I believe. It's a pretty standard thing when you get involved in bodybuilding/fitness to eat that many times a day.
    Just to give you a rough idea of what you could eat in a day:
    breakfast: Porridge + milk
    2: Chicken + wholegrain bread
    Lunch: Salmon, Chicken + apple
    4: Chicken or Cottage Cheese
    5: Fish + veg
    b4 bed: Protein shake

Sumthing like this neway, this is what I have today lol
    Too fast for ya!!

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I notice that you don't mention a Post Workout shake?

Are you using one?

50 grams Protein and 30-50 grams of carbs could easily add another 300-400 calories to your diet and would help to speed recovery and add some muscle mass.

It would, also, give you an easy "meal/snack" between lunch and dinner.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

nimrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    looks like you have alot of loose skin on yr gut, keep on with what u hav been doing and in time to cum d skin will shrink to proportions. Great work dude!

Agent Dynamo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't be too worried about it, it looks like you only have 30 more pounds to lose before you'll be ripped. Whatever you do, don't let it get you down and exercise even harder than before in the next 6 months. If you make losing weight your number one priority in life right now right after school(if you're still in school), it'll be gone in no time.

DIDACTIC BB "HCIC" TESTOSTERONE's Avatar
    TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Great progress needhelp77
    Imo your diet is fine,...but I really think you need to add some serious resistance training into your workout,you'll be very surprised at the results after a few weeks
    *GODSMACK*

NYCwizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking keep it up

Keep up the hard work. Changes don't happen over night. If you loose too much weight too fast, you get extra skin. This will take time to get back to your body size. Keep the cardio up, as well as the protien. My friend has a similar body. He has been doing sprints at the track, and doing a lot of weights. He is making great progress and so are you..... Everyone Accumulates fat in different areas. I accumulate it on the sides, and my upper chest. Make sure those 5 meals a day are not too much, keep the carbs down and you will get results..... LOSE the OATMEAL, and LOSE the CHEESE..........pick up some celary, carrots instead...... GIVING up HOPE? why, your making changes.... Hit the weights hard, cardo.....and you body will even out soon................... NO PAIN, NO GAIN.....
    Last edited by NYCwizard; 03-23-2004 at 11:06 AM.
    "roids killed my life. I now go get blood transfusions every week at the hospital" Rob stephans "Whatever you do to your body now, effects you in the future"

JustinLee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by TESTOSTERONE
    Great progress needhelp77
    Imo your diet is fine,...but I really think you need to add some serious resistance training into your workout,you'll be very surprised at the results after a few weeks
    bump to that...you don't look like you have too much muscle development at this point...i think a good weight training program is in order...the muscle will help you lose weight and keep it off....it'll also keep you at a weight you want if you wanna go at it at by lookin at numbers....5'11" @ 175 with 25% bf is a lot different from 5'11" @ 175 15% bf...so good luck and hit up some weights.

Thanks a lot guys. Here is the thing, in person you can tell I have good muscularity. I max out on bench at 220, squat at 330, and deadlift at 425. I am just about in the thousand pound club at school.

Someone said another 30 lbs? Wow, I would hate weighing 145 lbs at 5' 11. But if thats what it comes to, so be it. Is this correct?

Even by adding a protein shake, thats another few hundred cals per day, it can speed up my weight loss?

Also, in the picture does that look like skin or fat in my gut.?

Thank a lot guys, I really appreciate this, I will do my part to do what I can for other as well

there are no shortcuts sword chucks's Avatar
    sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) sword chucks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a question thats kind of off topic: NeedHelp, are you gaining strength on that many calories? Or is it kind of staying the same? Because I want to train for strength while I diet.

As for your eating, definately raise the cals. 10-12 x BW and a 40/40/20 split seems to be the standard around here/.

Hey sword chucks. Honestly I have lost a lot of weight, 75 lbs. The strength has amazingly just about stayed the same. Sure I lost about 10 lbs on bench, but that is all. My deadlift and squat has gone up. Some seem to think I am in a starvation mode, while other think its okay??? I really do not know to tell you the truth. Everyone is different.

It is very hard to gain strength while dieting. I would say bulk, then cut. OR cut then bulk.

Skin or fat in my pics of stomach??

Thanks.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Even by adding a protein shake, thats another few hundred cals per day, it can speed up my weight loss?

In an roundabout way, yes.
    It will speed up musculary recovery and help to add muscle mass.

Extra muscle in turn uses more calories just by being there. Ergo: better fat loss.

And, i'd say you have lost a nice amount of fat. It's just somewhat hidden by then extra skin that has accumulated in your midsection. It will take time, but that should dissipate to some degree, unless you have alot of stretch marks in that area.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you obviously dont need to lose too much more fat. maybe 10-20lb of fat at most. anyway, what you are dealing with is lose skin, which, since you are still young, should eventually go away on its own. just keep up the lifting and diet, and you'll look a lot better in a few months. and importantly, as others said, eat a little bit healthier and with 5-6 small meals a day. that will definitely help. after doing all this, post ur results in afew months, goodluck
    Last edited by quest-x; 03-23-2004 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks, so you guys think there is more lose skin than fat in the stomach??? Or vise versa. All I know is its ugly as hell.

I wanna be able to take my shirt off this summer and look good. Possible guys???

ARMY_of_One has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First off, I wanna commend you on dropping 75 pounds, shows a lot of self discipline and ability to stay consistent.

Ok, people have been saying to go with weights and I can't agree more. I will say diet is about 90% of weight loss but at the same time the key is to rev up the metabolism to keep the fat comming off. Adding muscle is the best way to do this IMO. A pound of muscle can metabolize upwards of 30-50 calories a day just for maintenance.

Your stats on Bench, Squat, and Dead show you have a decent if not good base. I would recommend adding in a 3-4x a week split focusing on adding mass. To achieve this you will need to increase your caloric intake but by doing this and combining it with weights and cardio you will increase your metabolism and lose fat. As far as cardio goes I say do it first thing on an empty stomach. Aim for 3 or 4 sessions a week.

I have learned over time that diet is all about eating the right foods at the right times. Just dial in the diet and get to those weights and you will be good. 5-6 meals a day!

Out of here!
    Last edited by ARMY_of_One; 03-23-2004 at 06:36 PM.
    "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13)

5'10 and 185, aiming for a ripped 190.. Goin for the LL Cool J look.

Wow, I was at my mybodycomp.com and it says I have 14 % body fat. That is off by a lot, look at the after picture, and tell me if that number is way off.

ARMY_of_One has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't use those because they can't gauge your lean body mass.. I would say you are at around 20%, just a rough estimate on my part..
    "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13)

5'10 and 185, aiming for a ripped 190.. Goin for the LL Cool J look.

Thanks guys, anyone else care to chime in? TTT

pulsar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by NeedHelp77
    Thanks guys, anyone else care to chime in? TTT
    Wow, you lost a lot of weight--Congrats dude