jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Most Important and best lift to do for Football?

Whats the most important and best lift to do for football?
    and whats the most important and best olympic lift to do for football?

hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Best for football: squats, deadlifts, Best Oly lift would be Snatch or clean and press. I think clean and press, if done properly are the most effective. You'll find almost any athlete does Cleans

Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Squat
    deadlift
    snatch
    power clean
    clean and jerk
    plyometric's

lifter

JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Clean and Squats!

Most important thing EVER for football.... Jumping Rope
    An athlete has to go through hell to get to heaven~Vince Lomardi

Current Weight: 225
    Chest: 47 inches
    Waist: 37 Inches
    Neck: 17 inches
    Arms: 16.5 inches

Goals:
    Weight: 185 pounds
    Waist:32 inches
    Chest: 48 inches
    Body Fat: 12%

ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bump on jumping rope

aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If I had to pick one it would be the snatch. Even better is if you can perform the full snatch. There are many effective variations, plus no exercise can challenge the upper and lower body like it.

BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bench is important too because you need all that upper body power to punch the ****er in the mouth...

Keyser_Sose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Power Cleans without a doubt.
    Don't confuse my kindness for weakness

squatter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hmmm...

in the gym- clean and jerk
    outside of the gym- tire flips and truck push/pull

aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    While everyone makes valid points, it is important to remember no lift will improve your game if the other aspects are not considered. You can think of the important aspects of sports performance as follows:
    Range Of Motion
    Agility
    Strength
    Speed
    Proprioception

jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by aztman
    While everyone makes valid points, it is important to remember no lift will improve your game if the other aspects are not considered. You can think of the important aspects of sports performance as follows:
    Range Of Motion
    Agility
    Strength
    Speed
    Proprioception
    when you refer to Range Of Motion,do you mean flexibility?and what is Proprioception?

Jak,
    If I could beg young athletes to do anything it is to work on the flexibility in their hips. In most cases I could improve flexibility in that area and without ANY weight room or field exercises make you faster, jump higher, or stronger. I have seen too many professional athletes with piss poor hip flexibility and this is where most of our time is spent initially and why they are having many problems.
    Proprioception is the understanding of where your body is in space. I will work on this in a variety of ways with athletes....tumbling, walking on balance beams, blind folds, etc.

Originally posted by aztman
    Jak,
    If I could beg young athletes to do anything it is to work on the flexibility in their hips. In most cases I could improve flexibility in that area and without ANY weight room or field exercises make you faster, jump higher, or stronger. I have seen too many professional athletes with piss poor hip flexibility and this is where most of our time is spent initially and why they are having many problems.
    Proprioception is the understanding of where your body is in space. I will work on this in a variety of ways with athletes....tumbling, walking on balance beams, blind folds, etc.
    alright,so say i'm on the football field,Proprioception is kinda like knowing where I am on the field?and to improve your Proprioception with the use of blind folds,what do I do?Like do I have myself blind folded and have someone tell me to go to a certain spot,and I have to get to that spot while blind folded,and I have never seen that spot?
    -Also,if I improve my flexibility,speed,agility,strength,and proprioception,will I be a great football player?

Originally posted by jak

alright,so say i'm on the football field,Proprioception is kinda like knowing where I am on the field?

Basically yes.

and to improve your Proprioception with the use of blind folds,what do I do?Like do I have myself blind folded and have someone tell me to go to a certain spot,and I have to get to that spot while blind folded,and I have never seen that spot?

*First thing I have guys do is work on basic tumbling drills, these are outlined on www.intensitymagazine.com, I also use would recommend using an agility ladder. The blind fold is just an example. You can also have someone yell out random change of directions so you can work on your reaction time.

-Also,if I improve my flexibility,speed,agility,strength,and proprioception,will I be a great football player?
    Well, to be honest if you do not have the potential or talent to accompany these motor skills then no, you have to have some level of ability, improving these areas just improves your chances at becoming better.

o well,thanks for the info

right now im doing this for Football:
    Monday:
    -squat{every 2wks alternate box squats in}
    Hack Squat 2x6-8{every 2wks alternate front squats in}
    -SLDL 3x8
    step ups 3x6 each leg
    -standing raises 4x25
    -4 way neck

Wednesday:
    -floor/board presses 2x5-6
    -flat bench
    -incline bench with barbell or db or altenate the two 3x8-10
    -close grip 3x5
    -skull crushes w/barbell 3x8
    -push-ups 3x12

Friday:
    -hang snatch
    -deadlifts
    -gm's or z-lifts{standing or seated...i prefer z-lift}-3x6-8
    -db rows 3x10
    -barbell shrugs 3x10-12
    -Military Press 3x8

And i'm also incorpriating a plyometric program{and I will add those tumbling drills to it too}.just don't know which day to do it,what day of the week should I do it on?
    and that link to intensity magazine didnt work.

go to this link to see the plyometrics program:
    http://www.mkperformance.com/PlyometricTraining.htm

Pirate50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pirate50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pirate50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pirate50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pirate50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pirate50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jak, what position are you going to play? what are your stats?
    Wise men don't judge: they seek to understand
    ("wu wei")

Originally posted by Pirate50
    Jak, what position are you going to play? what are your stats?
    well,I played running back in the past,and i'm looking at that,but if I become a good tackler,then I would try and play both running back and defensiveback.
    and what do you mean by stats?game stats?measurements?how much I can lift on the big 3{squat,deadlift,bench}?

Pirate50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pirate50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pirate50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pirate50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pirate50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pirate50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lifts, height,weight 40 time stuff like that.
    ("wu wei")

Originally posted by Pirate50
    lifts, height,weight 40 time stuff like that.
    lifts:squat 99lbs. max bench 105lbs. max deadlift 107lbs. max
    {yes,they do suck like sh*t}
    height:about 5'4
    weight:i'm guessing around 112lbs.{at the beginning of the school year I weighed in at 108lbs. at m physical I took for football}
    40 time:no clue??although my 10yard is around 2.something{cant remember exactly}and I ran about a 25yard at about 3.78

Sounds like you havent even hit your growth spurt yet. I wasnt big either my frosh year. I went from 5'4 to 5,8 when i was a sr. to 5'11 now(98). Just wondering though....sounds like you might fit real good at corner or safety. Just wondering though...hows your diet....i see you asking tons of lifting questions but your diet is just as if not more important.
    ("wu wei")

Really dont have a diet,mainley just eat when I feel like it and even sometimes when I dont.
    and why do you say I will fit real good at corner or safety?

Well you just mentioned that you might play db, and you sound like a good fit according to size. But i hate f u ckers that tell you what you can and cant play based on size. So play whatever you want, BUT defense is more fun than offense so you should play db :-D. Um as far as diet goes i guess it's not a huge deal since your still young, but if you want to get ahead of the game start consuming lots of protein. Protein powders, chicken, beef, fish blah blah blah......Youll see size & strength gains, i promise.
    ("wu wei")

I defintely wanna get ahead of the game.I feel like knowledge wise in all this stuff{powerlifting,strength and conditioning for football,speed training,plyometrics,etc.}I am ahead of the game.Most people I know don't know sh*t about a lot of this stuff.Most just say they lift,and they only bench.NONE of them SQUAT,none of them never heard of the DEADLIFT and dont know what PLYOMETRICS are.I feel like with all the information I know,that when I get to high school,i'm gonna be way ahead of the game.
    Thank all you guys on this boards that has helped me.I really appreciate it.
    -Now its time for me to really start to apply what I know.

jimsp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimsp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimsp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimsp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you should probily start working on ur diet. U seem focused at getting better at football so even u dont have a strict diet we u r caculating everything u should still tried to eat a lot of protein and maybe get a protein shake for when u finish ur workouts. If u eat a lot and a lot of protein that should help getting more weight on u by football season and by eating right ur strength will improve a lot.

And also u can improve on everything get stronger faster and everything else but if u dont have it in u before u improve ur not going to become great just by improving things like speed and strength. They will help alot but i have seen big guys fast guys that cant hit for **** or go down easily and the seen smaller guys who r awsome.

So work hard this off season with everything that was mentioned above and when football season comes around use ur extra speed and strenght and leave everything u got on the field and dont be scared of anyone out there. Some one mite be twice ur size but it dont mean u cant take them down or run them over. good luck keep working hard ur on the right track.

Keyser_Sose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My S&C in college told me something that completely changed my training style. He said "At no time in the game do you ever put 500lbs on your back and do a squat or lay down on the ground and push 400lbs. But every play requires you, when making contact, to roll your hips, whether tackling, blocking or making a move. That is why power cleans are the most important lift in football. Football is all about explosive force and quickness, and power cleans create explosive force and quickness." Bench press, squat, deadlifts and others are important, but yet are not nearly as important as cleans.
    Don't confuse my kindness for weakness

BUMP BUMP BUMP!
    ("wu wei")

Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree clean's and snatch's are great for football and great for exposive strength. What a point that you need to understand is not "EVERYTHING" you do in the weightroom carries over to what u do on the field. I do feel they have alot of carry over.

lifter

toolegit2quit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I had to pick one i'd say squat....need to have powerful legs to DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE! Not to mention squats release GH and will add a lot to your overall body mass provided you're eating enough!

In HS I only did 3 lifts - squat, clean, and bench and it built my foundation...cleans did wonders for my traps! If you don't believe me, check out my pics in the post your pics section under "COMPETITION PICS!"
    Strength and honor, integrity over all else