Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Yohimbe: Questions about side effects and alcohol.

"Tyramine is a substance contained in foods such as cheese, liver, and red wine. These foods should not be consumed while taking yohimbe"

does this mean I should stop having cheese with my eggs and burgers? Or should i just limit my intake?

it also says red wine shouldn't be taken with yohimbe, I'm not a drinker, but I do enjoy a glass of wine occasionally. I suppose I'll stop drinking red wine, but are there any side effects of any type of alcohol mixed with yohimbe? I'd still like to go to the bar one night a week or so if possible

By the way, the product I'll be taking is Leviathan.
    6'3, 195, 21yo

Reveal the Steel

Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Believe to Achieve
    Work Hard Play Hard
    The above are my views only and do not constitute to medical advice

CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    As long as you arent mega-dosing yohimbine (which is just dumb) and eating boatloads of cheese/wine (also dumb) you should be fine. But if I were you I would cut the wine and cheese anyway, you are cutting correct?

Palo Alto Labs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Palo Alto Labs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Palo Alto Labs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Palo Alto Labs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Palo Alto Labs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Palo Alto Labs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Palo Alto Labs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Palo Alto Labs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Palo Alto Labs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Palo Alto Labs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Palo Alto Labs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...2083131&page=2

Post #34 we covered this. Let me know if you have any questions

dave
    Sorry, No Free Samples at this time.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/palo/palo.htm

PAL on MYSPACE
    http://www.myspace.com/paloaltolabs

crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000)
    The effects are long term.

If you are cutting and want a similar type of appetite suppression with relatively no side effects, try deprenyl [selegiline]. One of its mechanisms of action is as a selective mao-b inhibitor. It seriously increases sex drive too; without the "unuseful," pseudo-priapismic effect of yohimbe.

I get a script for it from my doctor; for an off lable use. Apparently this compound is more popular in Europe.

have a read: http://www.smart-drugs.net/ias-deprenyl.htm
    "Did you know that there is a nerve that connects the eyeball to the anus?
    It's called the Anal Optic Nerve and gives people a ****ty outlook on life."

"All great change in America begins at the dinner table."

Ronald Reagan

Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Yohimbe and yohimbine may enhance the effects of alcohol, leading to a feeling of intoxication with only a small amount of alcohol ingestion."

"Tyramine is found in many beverages and foods including beer, red wine, aged or smoked meats, certain cheeses, sauerkraut, and yeast. Since yohimbine is a mild MAO inhibitor, a dangerous rise in blood pressure may result if it is taken with any food or drink containing tyramines."

so if i'm drinking alcohol i shouldn't drink beer or red wine. I should stay away from cheeses. But what about yeast?

Doesn't all bread and pasta have yeast? What about oats? where am i supposed to get my carbs from?

Edit: also, I read that taking Green Mag with yohimbine is off limits, why is this the case? Are other designer creatines off limits as well? what about creatine mono?
    Last edited by Nagges187; 04-25-2007 at 02:27 PM.
    6'3, 195, 21yo

Reveal the Steel

crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Nagges187 View Post
    Edit: also, I read that taking Green Mag with yohimbine is off limits, why is this the case? Are other designer creatines off limits as well? what about creatine mono?
    Search about kidney function. Creatine and Yohimbine both have warnings for people with kidney problems; doesn't mean you WILL have a problem, but be cautious.

Do some google searches on maoi's and their effects. Eating cheese and drinking red wine with yohimbine won't NECESSARILY hurt you. Compared to pharma maoi's, yohimbine is weak; although, strong enough for a desired effect.

Certain amines that are normally broken down by mao's can be altered into other componds that harm the body; tyramine is one of them.

Like my above post, get some selegiline. It puts yohimbine to shame; in terms for dieting purposes as there are relatively no side effects; this way, you can eat your cheese if you so wish and not have to worry.
    Last edited by crazymutha; 04-25-2007 at 04:20 PM. Reason: left a word out

Ronald Reagan

I appreciate your suggestion, but I already ordered the product and I'm not going to return it.

As far as yeast goes, does this mean stay away from a lot of bread? Does hard alcohol have yeast?

If i have a bowl of oatmeal and 4 slices of bread over the course of the day, is this going to hurt me?

what if I add 3-4 beers to that list?
    6'3, 195, 21yo

Reveal the Steel

I appreciate your suggestion, but I already ordered the product and I'm not going to return it.

As far as yeast goes, does this mean stay away from a lot of bread? Does hard alcohol have yeast?

If i have a bowl of oatmeal and 4 slices of bread over the course of the day, is this going to hurt me?

what if I add 3-4 beers to that list?
    Not what you want to hear, but...

what are you taking the yohimbine for?

If you have a couple beers occaisionally, there will be no harmful interaction. Again, the negative effects are ones that build up, over time (unless you overdo it with the yohimbine and the tyramine...).

If you are trying to get cut, than I am assuming you are already watching your intake of bread (some, but low/moderate amounts) and I also assume that you consume VERY little alcohol.

alcohol is made from yeast...but again, I am assuming you are not a drinker.

Assuming you have a few beers once a week and 4 sclices of bread per day, you will be fine.

Ronald Reagan

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hmm so taking yomhimbine HCL, 5mg, with greenMagnitude, 500mg tyrosine, is a bad idea?

Originally Posted by Vipersg123 View Post
    Hmm so taking yomhimbine HCL, 5mg, with greenMagnitude, 500mg tyrosine, is a bad idea?
    As far as kidney protection goes, as people consuming high protein diets, diuretics, and large amounts of water, fluctuating soduim and potassium comsumption--take care of your kidneys.

Regarding tyrosine consumption with the yohimbine, I personally do not see a problem with it; unless you are mega dosing the tyrosine[with b6] and consuming 20 mg day og yohimbine HCl long term. Just cycle the yohimbine 3 weeks on, 2 weeks off and ditch the CEE for sure..too be safe.

Ronald Reagan

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by crazymutha View Post
    As far as kidney protection goes, as people consuming high protein diets, diuretics, and large amounts of water, fluctuating soduim and potassium comsumption--take care of your kidneys.

Regarding tyrosine consumption with the yohimbine, I personally do not see a problem with it; unless you are mega dosing the tyrosine[with b6] and consuming 20 mg day og yohimbine HCl long term. Just cycle the yohimbine 3 weeks on, 2 weeks off and ditch the CEE for sure..too be safe.
    alright sounds good, I only used the green mag for 1 day so no problems not using it until I am done cycling the yohimbine

Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The reason is that Green Mag has Tyrosine in which can give a bad reaction when taken with Yohimbe.
    Believe to Achieve
    Work Hard Play Hard
    The above are my views only and do not constitute to medical advice