kxtreme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

you guys eat a lot of oatmeal

ive been reading some of you guys say that you get a lot of your calories from oatmeal/oats, i bought some quaker oatmeal packets and each packet is only 150 calories. what are you guys buying? and ive also been trying to get in my calories but i think ive been eating some cheat foods. what are some good foods to buy that are lean and healthy and i can get my caloric needs to build mass

bdrew83 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdrew83 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdrew83 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdrew83 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Re: you guys eat a lot of oatmeal

Originally posted by kxtreme
    ive been reading some of you guys say that you get a lot of your calories from oatmeal/oats, i bought some quaker oatmeal packets and each packet is only 150 calories. what are you guys buying? and ive also been trying to get in my calories but i think ive been eating some cheat foods. what are some good foods to buy that are lean and healthy and i can get my caloric needs to build mass
    buy a canister of oatmeal or in bulk if they sell it. i dont think they mean the flavored kind in the packets either, dude.

PumpingUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I buy the 9 pound box that last a while.

1cup

3 F
    57 C
    10 P

295 cals

whats 3f 57c 10p

and any other suggestions? i want to buy some good foods when i go grocery

bdrew83 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdrew83 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdrew83 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdrew83 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    flax oil is something im going to start incorporating, maybe you should grab some of that.

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    buy it in a BIG BAG, as was said.....those individual packet types are junk

sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Definitely buy the big tubs - it's a lot cheaer, and it's not the kind that's full of sugar.
    not big yet... but im gonna get there
    the battle of the doggpound has begun

2 victor goes spoils THe WeapoN's Avatar
    THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    whats 3f 57c 10p
    f-fat
    c -carbs
    p- protein
    we aim for one thing, to be perfect, yet we will never be.

Originally posted by sidewinda
    Definitely buy the big tubs - it's a lot cheaer, and it's not the kind that's full of sugar.
    is it like a big bag of raw oatmeal that you have to cook or can you make it instantly adding it to hot water. ive only had instant oatmeal. how do u cook it

hustleriv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when you say 1 cup of oatmeal, is that raw? or 1 cup of oatmeal that is cooked

Galvatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is it like a big bag of raw oatmeal that you have to cook or can you make it instantly adding it to hot water. ive only had instant oatmeal. how do u cook it
    It comes in a large cylindrical cardboard container. If you buy the "one minute" kind, it's essentially instant, just pour boiling water over it and stir. Note that I think plain oatmeal tastes pretty gross, so I mix it in with my protein shakes, since the protein powder's got artificial sweetener in it.

supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i think oatmeal is gross
    STFU YOU JIB

Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oatmeal is great. One of the best foods out there for BBers.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by hustleriv
    when you say 1 cup of oatmeal, is that raw? or 1 cup of oatmeal that is cooked
    raw. (rolled oats are best if your using a blender)

and bump to every one who said f**k the packaged stuff, buy the plain old natural oats in large amounts.

PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PassTheChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you think it's gross, then toss it in a blender. It grinds it up into dust. My breakfast every day:

3/4 cup oats
    1.5 scoops vanilla Optimum Whey Protein
    1 cup frozen blueberries (check the sugar content)
    12 oz. Milk
    1/2 tbsp canola oil

Toss it all into the blender and mix until smooth.

75 grams Carbs
    47 grams Protein (not including the protein in the oats)
    10 grams fat (7 grams from Canola and the rest from the oats)
    10 grams of Fiber (approximately)

Sometimes I switch it up and put in fresh strawberries instead of blueberries or a banana with chocolate whey, etc.

Tastes awesome! Good weight gainer shake.
    Last edited by PassTheChicken; 03-23-2004 at 08:14 AM.

VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by PassTheChicken
    If you think it's gross, then toss it in a blender. It grinds it up into dust. My breakfast every day:

3/4 cup oats
    12 oz. Milk
    1/2 tbsp canola oil

75 grams Carbs

Sometimes I switch it up and put in fresh strawberries instead of blueberries or a banana with chocolate whey, etc.

Tastes awesome! Good weight gainer shake.
    When you grind up oats they take a shorter time to digest. In other words they go up on GI index. Slow digestion is normally better if you don't want an insulin spike of any kind.
    19 yrs old
    5'11''
    182lbs
    10% bf and Clean Bulking

i just made a hella good shake, actually. 3/4 cup oatmeal, 1 cup skim milk, a scoop of whey (ON), a tablespoon of olive oil, a tablespoon of peanut butter and a banana

Galvatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by VAZINE
    When you grind up oats they take a shorter time to digest. In other words they go up on GI index. Slow digestion is normally better if you don't want an insulin spike of any kind.
    Do you actually have a reference on this? It was my understanding that it was the molecules themselves that affected how fast they digest (simple carbs digest quickly, complex carbs slowly). A blender obviously isn't going to change the molecular structure. Put another way, are you saying that oat flour is going to cause a huge insulin spike?

i agree, grinded up oats and just whole oats are just a physical change which wouldnt effect anything chemically inside the body.

ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Galvatron
    Do you actually have a reference on this? It was my understanding that it was the molecules themselves that affected how fast they digest (simple carbs digest quickly, complex carbs slowly). A blender obviously isn't going to change the molecular structure. Put another way, are you saying that oat flour is going to cause a huge insulin spike?
    Ground up stuff digests faster because there is more surface area to be attacked by digestive fluids. I can't comment on the insulin spike as a result of this though.

aaronsthebest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

oatmeal

i get alot of my carbs from oatmeal. the instant oatmeal is crap. spikes the insulin (its got some thing to do with the way they remove the husk to make it cook faster). get the whole grain oatmeal, its kinda a pain in the ass to cook cause it takes longer but suck it up princess. i pre-cook it and then just warm small portions up.

i got the regular oats from quaker int he big cylinder container, how do you guys eat this stuff its so nasty makes me wanna barf

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i got the regular oats from quaker int he big cylinder container, how do you guys eat this stuff its so nasty makes me wanna barf
    i blend it

1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of rolled oats
    scoop of protein powder (chocolate flav in my case)
    and a cup of milk (fat free or whatever)

blend & chug

cball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here's how I do my oatmeal. Keep in mind it's not as "clean" nor do I truly care, as I have very little body fat and am more geared towards the mindset of eat eat eat and try to eat good when you can.

3/4 cup oats
    1 1/2 cups milk
    1 egg
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries (keep out if concerned about sugar)
    1/2 cup frozen rasberries (keep out if concerned about sugar)

brayndrayn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3/4 cup oats
    12 oz. Milk
    1/2 tbsp canola oil

75 grams Carbs
    [/QUOTE]

Chicken , I really like the sound of this, how long with this keep for if refigerated? I dont have a lot of time in the morning and running the blender would wake up the baby. Could I make it the night before?

I have heard powered protein I.E. O-N 100 % Whey should be consumed pretty quickly after being mixed.
    Shut Up & Train

Location: What's the deal with doggie style? I mean come on, hippos do it to. Why not just call it hippo style?
    Heart of Iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Heart of Iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Oatmeal rocks.

If you want to be really hard core have the following.

1/2 cup of oatmeal fully cooked
    1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese
    1 tablespoon of all natural peanut butter
    1 can of tuna
    2 packets of splenda to sweeten.

Mix all together in a bowl and enjoy.

Tastes really good actually.

solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    oatmeal makes up 60% of my carb intake,good source of complex carbs!

iwannagetbig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwannagetbig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwannagetbig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is the oil necessary... or even play an important role?

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Grinding oatmeal into oatmeal dust is great. Fits in smaller tupperware, for one, but then I can just toss it in a shaker at work (where I have no blender) and not worry about lumps of oatmeal at the bottom.

I probably get 75% of my carbs from oatmeal. At least twice per day I get a oatmeal shake in.