flexster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

'Colorado Experiment' by Arthur Jones

Can someone help me find info on this? It was done by Arthur Jones and Casey Viator. I am having a hard time finding anything on the web.

T.U.T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T.U.T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T.U.T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T.U.T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T.U.T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Last edited by T.U.T; 03-12-2004 at 09:19 AM.

waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hi there,
    the two links above are great, but in casey viators new book at (www.caseyviator.com) called total fittnes there is caseys views and arthurs,
    thank you wayne

GLG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recently purchased Casey's new book. It goes into detail on the Colorado Experiment. One thing I didn't know is that in addition to the infection that led to Casey's loss of bodyweight, he also dieted excessively (800 calories a day) to get his wieght as low as possible, as he was being paid by the pound for his increase in weight during the experiment. He also freely admits that the Colorado Experiment wasn't about building muscle per se, but rather about testing his ability to re-gain muscle he had previously held. Interestingly enough, the routines that he describes in his book (and uses on his personal training clients) bear no resemblance at all to the Arthur Jones-inspried workouts of yesteryear.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    800calories/day......****

hell, i had a viral infection and went 5days w/o eating ANYTHING (finally ended up in the hospital), then 5days on just soup and crackers before i slowly weened back on food. when i was healthy again (2 1/2weeks later) i'd dropped almost 30pds. and i gained it back in almost 3weeks....maybe i should make up my own experiment as well

waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hi there,
    Interestingly enough, the routines that he describes in his book (and uses on his personal training clients) bear no resemblance at all to the Arthur Jones-inspried workouts of yesteryear.

hi about the the routines in his book also has h.i.t. routines in it,

and it was about building muscle, how do you think art gained as he never trained regarly before

and the one done in the col. exp. was h.i.t.

thank you wayne

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is it only me that see's this as a crock?

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by FortifiedIron
    Is it only me that see's this as a crock?

Kc
    http://davedraper.com/arthur-jones-...by-wedan-2.html

I can make anyone puke during a workout. So what. It's only a matter of blood lactic acid level. Doesn't reflect at all on what is a good workout or not.
    www.revised-training.com
    Training got better

CyberGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CyberGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CyberGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CyberGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CyberGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CyberGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CyberGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CyberGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    While I respect Arthur Jones, his stories/experiments are usually a load of horse crap.
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by CyberGod
    While I respect Arthur Jones, his stories/experiments are usually a load of horse crap.
    Bingo!

The funny thing is, one of the individuals who was doing the experiament confessed later to using steroids, even with steroids his gains are still hard to believe.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by ATrainer
    http://davedraper.com/arthur-jones-...by-wedan-2.html

I can make anyone puke during a workout. So what. It's only a matter of blood lactic acid level. Doesn't reflect at all on what is a good workout or not.
    The thing is, he wasnt training average joes. It was Dave Draper.

by casey and arthur

hi there all,
    arthur is 81 and none of his storys are horse crap, he is a damn clever man

a little about myself until recently owed my own gym, and have training 1000's on h.i.t. with damn great results, and have been lucky to travel the world and trained 100's all over using h.i.t. (the original h.i.t. Arthur Jones and Ellington Darden) steroids would not be needed, any questions his part CASEY IS at the end is great, its all written by Casey himself

a lot of documentation and controversy regarding this entire operation. I would like to put my two cents worth in and tell everyone exactly how this went down for the record.

Before I get started on my account, let me quote Arthur Jones on the purpose and total experiment directly from the "horse's mouth":

The Colorado Experiment, as told by Arthur Jones:

The following is a report of an experiment that was conducted at Colorado State University in May of 1973. Location was the Department of Physical Education, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado. Supervision by Dr. Elliott Plese, Director of Exercise Physiology Lab at the Colorado State University. The dates were May 1, 1973-May 29,1973 for one subject Casey Viator, and elapsed periods of 28 days and for the second subject Arthur Jones, an elapsed period of 22 days.

LEAN BODY-MASS and FAT CONTENTS determinations for both subjects were produced by the WI-IOLE BODY COUNTER under the supervision of James E. Johnson, Ph.D., Associate Professor Department of Radiology and Radiation Biology, Colorado State University.

PURPOSE of the EXPERIMENT ... it is the authors' contention that the growth of human muscular tissue is related to the intensity of exercise; increases in strength and muscle-mass are rapidly produced by very brief and infrequent training ... if the intensity of exercise is high enough.

It is the author's second contention that increasing the amount of training is neither necessary nor desirable ... on the contrary; a large amount of high intensity training will actually reduce the production of strength and muscle mass increases.

It is the author's third contention that "negative work" (eccentric contraction) is one of the Most! Important factors involved in exercise performed for the purpose of increasing strength and muscle mass.

It is the author's fourth contention that nothing in the way of a special diet is required . . So long, as a reasonable well-balanced diet is provided.

It is the author's fifth contention that the use of the so-called "growth drugs"(steroids) is neither necessary nor desirable ... on the contrary, repeated tests with animals and double-blind tests with human subjects have clearly demonstrated that the use of such drugs is strongly contraindicated. It is the author's 6th contention that maximum-possible

Increases in strength and muscle mass can be produced only by the use of full range, rotary form, automatically variable, direct resistance.

FULL-RANGE resistance is provided only when the involved body-part is moved through a full range of possible movement against constant resistance ... from a starting position of full muscular extension (a "prestretched" position) to a finishing position of full muscular contraction.

ROTARY-FORM resistance is an absolute requirement for full-range exercise..

.since muscular contraction produces a rotary-form movement of the related body-

Part, it is necessary for the resistance and the body-part to rotate on a common axis.

AUTOMATICALLY VARIABLE resistance is an absolute requirement for high- intensity exercises ... since movement produces changes in usable strength, it is necessary for the resistance to vary in proportion to the resulting changes in strength.

DIRECT resistance is also required in order to avoid the limitations imposed by the involvement of smaller, weaker, muscular structures. The resistance must be "directly" imposed against the body-part moved by the muscles being exercised.

Conventional forms of exercise provide none of these requirements: the results

being that ... muscles are not worked throughout a full range of possible movement ... resistance is limited to an amount that can be moved in the weakest position ... little or nothing is done in the way of improving flexibility, since there is no resistance in the fully extended position ... and no resistance is provided in the fully contracted position.

Only Nautilus equipment was used in the Colorado Experiment; equipment designed to provide all of the requirements for full range, rotary form, automatically variable, direct resistance.

RESULTS..

First subject (Casey Viator), 28 days Increase in bodyweight ..... 45.28 pounds Loss of bodyfat ........... 17.93 pounds Muscular gain ............ 63.21 pounds

Second subject(Arthur Jones), 22 days Increase in bodyweight .... 13.62 pounds Loss of bodyfat .......... 1.82 pounds Muscular gain ........... 15.44 pounds

It should he clearly understood that neither of the subjects was an "average" subject, and there is no implication that subjects of average or below average potential will all produce equal results from a similar program of exercises.

Casey Viator was trained on a fairly regular basis for a period of several years; with barbells and other conventional training equipment until June of 1970, at which point he placed third in the Mr. America contest ... and with both barbells and Nautilus equipment until June of 1971, when he won the Mr. America contest.

From September of 1971 until September of 1972, he trained primarily with

Nautilus equipment ... with limited use of a barbell, primarily the performance of barbell squats.

From September of 1972 until December 23, 1972, he trained exclusively with Nautilus equipment ... limiting his exercises to "negative only" movements. At the end of that periods of training, he weighed 200.5 pounds.

In early January of 1973, he was involved in a serious accident at work and lost most of one finger as a result ... and almost died from an allergic reaction to an antitetanus injection.

For approximately four months, most of January through April of 1973, he did not train at all; and since his level of activity was low, his diet was reduced accordingly. During that period of four months, he lost approximately 33.63 pounds ... but 18.75 pounds were lost as a direct result of the accident and the near-fatal injection. So

His loss from nearly four months out of training was only 14.88 pounds ... less than a pound a week.

The second subject(the author, Arthur Jones) has trained on a very irregular basis for a period of thirty-four years ... and reached a muscular bodyweight of 205 pounds at one time, nineteen years ago.

The author did no training of any kind for a period of approximately four years until late November of 1972 ... and then trained on a fairly regular basis in the negative only" fashion for a period of approximately six weeks. Training was ceased entirely in early January of 1973 ... and no training was done again until the start of the Colorado Experiment.

The author's bodyweight has varied from approximately 145 to 160 or the last ten years ... briefly reaching a level of 190 at the end of approximately six months of steady training that was concluded four years prior to the start of the Colorado Experiment.

So both of the subjects have demonstrated the potential for greater than average muscular mass ... and both subjects were rebuilding previously existing levels of muscular size.

certain percentage of a group of random subjects would undoubtedly produce equal results ... a very low percentage might produce better results ... a few subjects would produce little or nothing in the way of results ... but average results would probably be less than those produced by the two subjects in this experiment. The primary determing letters being (1) individual potential for muscular size, (2) age, (3) general health, and (4) the intensity devoted to the training.

Actually, high-intensity training is not easy ... the training sessions are brief, indeed must he brief, but there is an apparently natural inclination on the part of most subject to hold back. Most exercises are terminated at a point well below an actual point of muscular failure ... then, in an effort to compensate for the reduction intensity, the usual practice is to add more exercise to the program.

However, in fact, no amount of additional exercise will compensate for a reduction in the intensity of exercise ... and if carried to extremes, which such training frequently is, the subject may actually prevent growth by exceeding the recovery ability of the system.

As stated previously, it is the author's contention that very rapid and large scale increases will he produced in strength and muscular mass by a brief program of high-intensity exercise; and it was the purpose of this experiment to demonstrate that such results can he produced in practice as well as in theory.

At the moment in athletic training circles, it is well accepted that supplemental strength training can be of very great value to athletes involved in any sport. But in practice, as seemingly natural inclination to equate "more" with "better" is actually preventing athletes from producing the results that could be produced.

Many coaches avoid supplemental strength training because they "don't have

thank you wayne

part two

Proper training will produce rapid but very steady increases in both strength and muscular mass ... and this was demonstrated very clearly by the results of the Colorado Experiment.

For example, during the first 14 days, Viator gained 28.93 pounds, a daily average of 2.06 pounds. During the next 3 days, he gained 3.92 pounds, a daily average of

3 pounds. During the following 5 days, he gained 6.09 pounds, a daily average of 1.2 pounds. And during the final 6 days, he gained 6.34 pounds, a daily average of 1.05 pounds.

So it is clear that his rate of gaining was slowing down at the end of the experiment ... but it is equally clear that his actual growth was very steady.

In the author's case, the pattern was much the same. During the first 7 days, 4.08 pounds were gained, a daily average of .58 pounds. During the next 7 days, 4.95 pounds were gained, a daily average of .7 pounds. And during the final 8 days, 4.6 pounds were gained, a daily average of .57 pounds.

There were no "sudden spurts" of growth in either case ... so we obviously were not putting back weight lost from dehydration; instead, growth was very steady throughout the periods of training.

During a period of 22 days, the author trained a total of 12 times. Three workouts in a row during the first three days in order to quickly get over any resulting muscular soreness, then workouts spaced approximately 48 hours apart.

Total "training time" (in and out of the gym) was exactly 298 minutes ... 4 hours and 58 minutes, an average of 24.8 minutes per workout.

122 "sets" were performed during the 12 workouts ... an average of just over 10 sets per workout.

Out of the total 122 sets, 54 were performed in a "negative only" fashion ... 14 were performed in a "negative accentuated" fashion ... and 54 were performed in a normal (negative positive) style.

NEGATIVE ONLY means that the resistance was "lowered" only, involving eccentric contraction.

NEGATIVE ACCENTUATED means that the resistance was raised with both arms (or both legs), and then lowered with only one arm or leg.

NORMAL means that the resistance was raised with both arms(or legs) and lowered in the same fashion.

Only one "set" of each exercise was performed in almost all workouts, and when two sets of an exercise were performed, they were never performed in a sequence.

When two sets of any particular exercise were performed, they were done at different points in a workout ... and were done for different reasons. For

, a type of "dipping" exercise was sometimes performed for two different purposes ... this exercise would be used immediately following a direct triceps exercise in order to involve the chest muscles for the purpose of working the already pre-exhausted triceps muscles to an even higher level of intensity ... then, at another point in the workout, an almost exactly opposite purpose was served whent he same exercise was used in order to provide an even higher intensity of work for the previously pre-exhausted chest muscles.

While the above paragraph may he rather confusing at first glance, this style of training is actually quite simple ... as the following example will show.

When worked to a point of momentary failure against direct and isolated resistance imposed only against the triceps, the triceps can he forced to continue to a point of even greater intensity if a second exercise is performed immediately after the first exercise.

But the second exercise must bring into use other muscular structures that make it possible for the triceps to continue.

So we first worked the triceps in a direct exercise, to a point of failure ... and then immediately performed a second exercise, a "dipping" type of movement with variable resistance. The second exercise(the dipping movements) also involved the chest muscles ... which permitted the triceps to be worked far beyond a normal point of failure.

Thus, in that case, the dipping exercise was performed for the purpose of totally exhausting the triceps.

But at another point in the workout, the same dipping exercise was used to totally exhaust the chest muscles. In this case, the chest was worked first ... to a point of failure, then the dipping exercise was performed immediately afterwards, bringing the strength of the triceps into use in order to permit the chest muscles to be worked beyond a normal point of failure.

However, in general, we performed only one set of each exercise during each workout, the author's gains from this very brief program were as follows ... an average of 1.28 pounds per workout ... an average of .126 pounds per set ... and average of 3.06 pounds per hour of training.

The other, much younger, subject's gains were much greater. During a period of 28 days, as a result of 14 workouts involving a total training time of 7 hours, 50 minutes, an average of 33.6 minutes per workout, his gains were as follows ... an average muscle mass increase of 4.51 pounds per workout ... or .36 pounds per set. . . and average gain of 8.04 pounds from each hour of training.

But what about strength gains?

Prior to the start of the experiment(approximately an hour before the first workout), initial strength tests to a point of failure were performed on a Universal Machine. And at the end of the experiment (three days after the last workout), a final strength test was again performed on a Universal Machine.

During the first test, Viator performed 32 repetitions in the leg-press with 400 pounds ... 28 days later, having done nothing even close to a leg-press in the meantime, he performed 45 repetitions with 840 pounds. And was forced to quit at that point because of pain, rather that muscular failure.

So his leg-strength more than doubled in the leg-press ... even though he did not perform that exercise during the experiment. His other strength increases were of a very high order ... clearly proving that his increased muscular mass was functional.

Flexibility? Near the end of the experiment, a bodyweight well over 200 pounds, this subject clearly demonstrated a range of movement far in excess of that possible by any member of the Colorado State University wrestling team. In fact, his demonstrated range of movement is so far in excess of "average" range of movement that it literally must he seen to he appreciated ... clearly proving that great muscular size does not have to limit flexibility, if it is produced by exercises that provide full-range movement.

The "pace" of the workouts was very fast ... but not continuous throughout the workouts, some brief rest-periods were involved between some exercises. And these rest-periods are INCLUDED in the listed times of the workouts. Times were measured from the start of the workouts to the end of the workouts.

All exercises were carried to a point of momentary failure ... except in the cases of negative only" exercises, which were terminated when it was no longer possible to control the downwards movement of the resistance.

In general, approximately ten repetitions were performed in each set; but in all cases, the maximum possible number of repetitions were performed ... stopping only When it Was impossible to Perform another repetition in good form.

The "form" or style of performance was a strict as possible, the resistance was moved in a smooth fashion, and was briefly stopped in the position of full muscular contraction. Jerking and sudden movements were totally avoided.

Several members of the Denver Broncos Professional Football Team visited the lab for the purpose of observing the workouts, and then started training in an identical fashion during the last two weeks of the experiment ... after the experiment, the

Broncos placed an order for several Nautilus machines and drastically reduced their previous training schedule.

And while we were training in Colorado, members of several other professional football teams were training at our facility in Florida ... in an identical fashion, three brief weekly workouts involving only one set of approximately a dozen exercises, with as much emphasis on the "negative" part of the work as possible.

Results?

One member of a Canadian professional team became so strong in the pullover exercise that he was using 675 pounds for several repetitions in good form ... having started two months earlier with 275 pounds.

Lou Ross of the Buffalo Bills added 20 pounds to his 6'7" frame ... cut a full two- tenths from his already fast time in the 40 yard dash ... added five and one-half inches to his high jump ... and doubled his strength in many areas of movement. These figures having been provided by the Buffalo Bills coaching staff, who tested Lou before and after a two month Nautilus training program in Florida.

thank you wayne

part three

Mercury Morris of the World Champion Dolphins weighed in 7 pounds above his previous highest weight and still ran the fastest 40 yards of his life when he was tested ... following two months of Nautilus high-intensity training.

Dick Butkus of the Chicago Bears visited us in Colorado during the experiment, trained with us several days there ... and then trained on Nautilus equipment in Deland for a month before reporting to training camp and signing a five-year contract with the Bears.

All together, twelve professional football teams and hundreds of professional athletes are now training with Nautilus equipment ... having learned that they can produce far better results from much less training.

But 1 repeat ... the secret, if there is one, is HIGH-INTENSITY; and when you are actually training with high intensity, you don't need a large amount of training.

Here is my accounting:

1 really had to diet hard to get my bodyweight down to 168 Ibs. We calculated that my diet before the experiment was less than 800 calories per day.

1 remember flying to Colorado in one of Arthur Jones's airplanes, a Cherokee Six. Arthur always flew very high in the commercial jet lanes in a decompressed cabin

which always gave me the worst headaches. Arriving from Florida to Fort Collins, Colorado, 1 had more to contend with than I had prepared myself for. I was one mile high in Colorado, and I had to acclimate quickly, but I knew food was coming soon. We arrived at the Lamplighter Inn, just outside of Fort Collins, where I was going to spend the next 28 days of hard work, training and eating, no fun, maybe a movie now and then, we were there to get results not play. Think about it, every day for the next month - eating, training my brains out like an animal, sleeping - that

was my job.

The next step was the weigh-in and body fat count at Colorado State University it was a very complex process. We used the Merrimac BodyFat Counter. This is one of the best veterinarian colleges in the world. The bodyfat counter, was contained in a solid lead room with a huge crystal that was placed over my body. The radio- activity from my muscles registered my lean body mass. Remember this was the

70's and this particular machine was considered state of the art. I never questioned the accuracy, and still would'nt, of this equipment. This experiment actually

showed that even in my low starting bodyweight, I gained muscular weight and lost bodyfat. Eating was quite easy the first week after all my month and a half of dieting. With a heathly cash incentive per pound of muscle gain, I was raring to go.

The next step was to convert the Physiology Lab into a training facility. We had about 20 pieces of Nautilus equipment and prototypes to move to the second floor. There was even talk about the structural integrity of the second floor accommodating these pieces. Many tons of equipment was moved to that floor. We had brought a new line of negative prototypes that we used for testing. For example, we moved the weight up into the contracted position for the muscle with our feet and lowered it with our biceps or triceps. We even had a negative bench press which worked in the same fashion. There were many other types of prototypes such as the single pad squat machine. This piece was a great workout piece but in the end the mechanism that locked you in and out of the machine could not he perfected, hence it never ended up as a production model all considered, this was a great machine.

The first week or so these training sessions were very difficult. I was untrained for

5 months and my hand had atrophied quite a bit. The first two sessions I ended up on the floor with a pulse rate close to fibrillation. But, as they say, "what won't kill you will only make you stronger." I tried to keep my fat content down during my 6- 8 meals per day. But just about any type of protein source was fair game, I averaged around 500 grams of protein a day. With this type of growth i needed it. During my workout sessions, Arthur would more or less sit in a chair and read the newspaper. If he saw that I was slowing down my pace he would say something insulting to egg me on so i would get mad and push even harder into the set, which made me achieve better gains. The only rule was keeping perfect form. This was a game he and I played for almost 10 years off and on. One thing about the man, he sure knows how to "piss" someone off to make them work harder through their workouts!

My workload was so intense that my body absorbed everything I ate. The majority of my diet was high protein foods such as , lean beef, chicken, lots of dairy products including milk, and lots of seafood. Carbohydrates were consumed to a minimum, although I did consume some 45 minutes before training. My muscles were coming back rapidly. This was a true case of muscle memory. Many people have questioned the validity of this study. A lot of factors came into play, one of which is genetics. The average man would not have been able to gain 63 Ibs. of raw muscle, which Arthur Jones and myself have been defending this study for years. There has been a lot of questions regarding steroid use. Many people claimed that I loaded up for

This experiment. I can honestly say that there was no use of steroids during this study, which is a very important point. I was closely monitored in a closed door environment. Believe me, I would have done anything to have gained that weight, but I knew my rebound potential and I also knew I would make remarkable gains even before the study began.

The rest factor is very important when an entire body workout is performed. Proper sleeping and eating habits are also very important factors. When you work bodyparts three times a week briefly but intensely your body has to grow. Proper sequence of pre-exhausting exercises is very important also. The safety factor is observed very closely, especially during the first part of each set. That is when you have the strength to injure yourself The last part of any exercise is usually not the most dangerous point, your muscles are simply too weak to injure at that point. Throwing a weight or dropping or lowering a weight too fast at any time can injure a subject.

The Denver Broncos came in for training sessions and to watch us go through our fast-paced training. Dick Butkus of the Chicago Bears was also there training and observing what was going on. I was very proud of the results that took place in Colorado and feel that this study has contributed to the awareness of how much time is wasted in most individuals workouts. This experiment is still being studied in colleges across the country today and also can he found on the Internet.

I must say that I have injured myself on many an occasion in the gym - with pectoral tears, lower inguinal hernias and many other injuries, however 1 really managed to stay injury free using this type of heavy training, so I felt I had to test out my boundaries. At my current age of 48, My current lifts are: 750 Ibs. Squat, 500 Ibs. Incline bench press, 1500 Ibs. Leg presses. As I mature, I feel moderation would have been better for my overall well-being. Every injury was caused by had form or explosive movements. If I can teach one person the hazards of this type of training, I would really be very happy.

If any trainee is considering doing this type of training, I would make sure that you work at your individual pace and push yourself just enough so you can finish the entire body routine. It's not the average type of workout. but by far the most result producing trining styles in the world time" . . but in fact, very little time is required; if the exercises used are high- intensity exercises properly performed. Nor is it the author's contention that using the proper equipment is the entire answer in itself.. on the contrary, good results can he produced with a barbell or with conventional training such as the Universal Machine, or with any equipment that does both negative and positive work. The demonstrated superiority of Nautilus equipment will be largely wasted if the equipment is improperly used ... Nautilus equipment is designed to provide a level of intensity that is impossible in any other fashion, but it must be used properly in order to produce maximum possible results.

thank you wayne

thank you Wayne

Jotun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Before the attack begins, let me just say this:
    I admire this man's persistence.

Originally posted by Jotun
    hehe

hehe

CyberGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CyberGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CyberGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CyberGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CyberGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CyberGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CyberGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CyberGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's one motivated dude. Props to you.
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Indeed. He continues undaunted.
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

hi there,
    no repllys hmm,
    thank you wayne

Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by waynelucky
    hi there,
    no repllys hmm,
    thank you wayne
    hi there,

no responses from me!

ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Arthur Jones was against high velocy anything, and that included football. Were football players to do all their training with Hit protocols only, they would not do well when all the smashing and high velocity aspects of the sport commenced.

You also have to remember that this study has been superceeded by thousands showing different results with varying protocols. The fact that Casey was in a physical state (post illness, and high state of atrophy) that all but guaranteed the amazing gains he experienced, flawed the results in the real world. You need to take Joe Blow, no, 10 Joe Blows that are as average as possible, and perform the same study. Then I might view the study as an objective one. Casey was building back to a previous condition. Take average people to a state they have never been to, or the study is inherently flawed.
    www.revised-training.com
    Training got better

Well hi there,
    Arthur Jones was against high velocity training, as slow controlled reps and the use of form, stop momentum and isolate the muscle more, you should never practice skill and speed with weight, THIS should be done on the field, its called motor learning, most if not all agree on this,

OK SHOW ME A STUDY THAT HAS SUPERSEDED IT.
    Yes you right he was run down, been ill, and was a genetic freak, BUT,
    we here at h.i.t. have trained, trained and untrained people, and can give you many example’s of both, of practical study’s there are over 5000 of them yes 5000, all detailed, practical bodybuilding courses men and women have been on using the h.i.t. style, all done by Ellington Darden , i have at my disposal about 100.
    all with average to good to great results, this is the difference with h.i.t. we put our money where our mouth is, we provide results again and again, not like the other style's that come and go and copy h.i.t. (but try to use different names) we have been proving results for over 30 years, maybe its just luck, i think NOT.

Thank you Wayne

thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally posted by CyberGod
    with massive amounts of roids anything is possible. take 1-2 grams of test cyp a week and you'll grow whether you lift or not. not at all healthy but health and bodybuilding parted ways many moons ago.

timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by T.U.T
    Maybe this is what you're looking for???

http://www.medxonline.com/Exsci/bulletin2.html

http://davedraper.com/arthur-jones-a...y-wedan-2.html
    lol I found this funny, I could just imagine some guy doing this

There is an example of this "can't train too hard" thinking published by a former employee of Jones's who began his own company in the 1990s. A trainee reduced his training to one set of leg presses and one set of chins performed once every eight days. This fellow worked so hard that he would end his workout collapsed on the gym floor, twitching and vibrating for 15 minutes. In the written account, he was likened to a dying frog. He followed his twitching with a necessary two-hour nap on the dressing room floor. Then he woke up refreshed and ready to go. . . !

Originally posted by timbo81

There is an example of this "can't train too hard" thinking published by a former employee of Jones's who began his own company in the 1990s. A trainee reduced his training to one set of leg presses and one set of chins performed once every eight days. This fellow worked so hard that he would end his workout collapsed on the gym floor, twitching and vibrating for 15 minutes. In the written account, he was likened to a dying frog. He followed his twitching with a necessary two-hour nap on the dressing room floor. Then he woke up refreshed and ready to go. . . !
    lol, what a moron.....train smarter, not harder

rent-a-lambo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by timbo81

All I can say is DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.