Registered User strong_safety21's Avatar
    strong_safety21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

different types of squats

what is the diference from front squats, overhead squats, jump squats and box squats as oppose to just normal, squats?
    offense wins games.......DEFENSE wins championships

Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Over the head squat: You are holding the bar/weights over your head like a Military Press while doing them. You are not using near as much weight as you would carry on your shoulders.

Box Squats: Normal squat with a box to briefly sit on before powering back up. A training device on how to do a parallel squat without raising your heels. I had this problem and learning how to "box squat" broke me of this habit. Before, I could only do partials as my heels would raise before reaching parallel.

Front squats: You are holding the bar close to your chest on folded arms (resting on biceps and arms over the bar keeping it in place) and doing the squats that way. Normally, you are not using not as much weight on the bar as you would carry on your shoulders.

At least that much I know.

Registered User strong_safety21's Avatar
    strong_safety21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i know how to do them i was just wondering what different types of muscles the hit as oppose to just normal squats
    offense wins games.......DEFENSE wins championships