metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

The Rugby Thread

Ok...its pretty hard to find some information on training for rugby here so, how about all the players put their knowledge into this thread?

Ok- Here's mine

WORKING 'THE CORE'.

This is a reletively new thing in rugby, but it is very important.

I have been training mine for a few months and feel a world of difference in my game, for example- in a ruck, where are you gonna buckle- Your legs? Nope. It would be in your mid section.

Now- How to work this-

Go on your knees and put your hands together far above your head.

Suck in your belly button into your back, without tensing your abs.
    L E F T I N F L A M E S

qbkilla97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey.....since this is a rugby thread....WELL hereis my story... well my high school.. just started a rugby team .... and...i joined it there are only 10 of us... so all we can play is the 7 on 7 one..but...even tho we practice...like.....what can i do TO GET BETTER?? jw....well thanks for any info and if u have yahoo....volcom_sufer1 or aim...hbvolcomsurfer just pm me

milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by qbkilla97
    hey.....since this is a rugby thread....WELL hereis my story... well my high school.. just started a rugby team .... and...i joined it there are only 10 of us... so all we can play is the 7 on 7 one..but...even tho we practice...like.....what can i do TO GET BETTER?? jw....well thanks for any info and if u have yahoo....volcom_sufer1 or aim...hbvolcomsurfer just pm me
    practice skills- passing, kicking, lineouts, setplays, breakdowns (rucks/mauls) tackling etc..
    work on fitness- combination of explosive speed and endurance

S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

nothing beats a ruck, you gotta guard yourself hardcore if your in the bottom, also a skill to learn is to kick the HOOKS in the knees if you start to kick you first ....filthy bastards!
    "No kind of sensation is keener and more active than that of pain; its impressions are unmistakable."

" I don't want to see people respecting me, I want them to hate and fear me."

"I can come out smelling like booze and dirty strippers, and still put the STAMP on kids."

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    for training it s the same as football... but with added endurance... its all about jog sprint...

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by qbkilla97
    therre is a good website and i cant rem what it is for giving drills etc for rugby skills....

i could help you but its hard to help...

if you want i can think of teh basics for 7's

metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) metalheadmark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ok, some help on getting better-

Go to as many training sessions as you can- I train 5 times a week with the club and school. I eat enough to still make reasonable gains, rugby training isnt really challenging for me anymore.

The best way to get better is through experience and learning the rules.
    L E F T I N F L A M E S

BillLogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    man, i wanna play some rugby, but all my friends are wussies. I wanna play it because i hear its alot of fun, and im sure ill end up with a broken arm some time.

Originally posted by BillLogan
    man, i wanna play some rugby, but all my friends are wussies. I wanna play it because i hear its alot of fun, and im sure ill end up with a broken arm some time.
    no wnder look at the size of you.... make a good large prop...

DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i play hooker for my high school team
    FOOTBALL RUGBY POWERLIFTING

Originally posted by DLHORNET
    i play hooker for my high school team
    Cool, I bet Americans think that position's name is hilarious!

I play second row, Im hoping to play at least semi pro if not pro in a few years so Im gonna have to get to at least 6'4!

Im 14 and 5'11 now.
    L E F T I N F L A M E S

DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50) DLHORNET will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i am american lol
    FOOTBALL RUGBY POWERLIFTING

allblacksnz09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DALE STEIN!!!!
    Edina hornets rugby club
    MN U-19 select side
    MN stalkers div. II club